TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

^ Yeah I almost forgot that it was barely 45 degrees today. It should only get faster.

Since they're testing without dummies, they should be about ready to let humans ride now.

Edit: Really looking forward to seeing this in person. From Thunderbird's Micro Site:

I must say that this one cool looking station- I'm looking forward to seeing it in a couple months.

^ Yeah I almost forgot that it was barely 45 degrees today. It should only get faster.

Since they're testing without dummies, they should be about ready to let humans ride now.

Edit: Really looking forward to seeing this in person. From Thunderbird's Micro Site:

I must say that this one cool looking station- I'm looking forward to seeing it in-person a couple months from now.

I just noticed this but I didn't realize that Thunderbird is only going to have 5 rows per train compared to 7 or 8 on Wild Eagle or Gatekeeper. Hope this don't negativley impact capacity but it should make for a wild ride! Short trains always feel way more intense for some reason.

^ The one down fall to having launched coasters. This is probably the lowest capacity coaster B&M has ever built. The ride time is going to be less than a minute and HW will have their most experienced crew members running it. I know The Raven has one more car per train (four more riders) than TB, but they're similar in track length and ride time. When The Raven is running two trains, that line never stops moving.

I'll never doubt HW's ability to keep a line moving. The only ride there I've ever felt like the line would never end was on the Wildebeast and that was its opening year, a very very hot day, and before they had all the awnings and stuff to keep people cool in line. Once the Mammoth opened and they added some things to the queue to keep people cool it got MUCH better. Adding a 2nd water coaster really was needed for them. But as far as their coasters, even when The Voyage opened and they used the full capacity of the queue I think I only waited maybe 30-45 and the line was constantly moving. HW will know how to operate and dispatch this ride very very well..... And even if it starts out rough with the wait they will fix it very very quickly.

Oh and one more thing, lol I think it's safe to tell everyone now that Trayvon Owen made it into the top 10 on American Idol! That guy has an incredible performance this past week. I keep watching and waiting for him to mention his bout at Holiday World! I think HW should try to get him to come back for a special performance after the show is over. That would be SUPER cool!

This is probably the lowest capacity coaster B&M has ever built.

I wouldn't worry too much, theoretical capacity is 1140 pph, which is not much lower than B&M's other loopers and I'm sure the park will do all that they can to hit that number or even exceed it.

Edited by Derek_Zoolander

^ I don't think so. Don't quote me on this, but I think rollbacks have to do with the speed window allowed. For a top-hat, it's quite small due to the vertical bits - a difference of 10km/h and it doesn't go over it. For an immelman like Thunderbird, the window is wider and thus it's less likely to have a rollback.

But then again, a rollback can happen anytime and for various reasons. Even Wicked has already had rollbacks.

I think it's possible, especially if they get a strong wind blowing against the launch. I know this is Cedar Point and the wind there is a different story, but I think of that vine TPR tweeted of the wind almost causing Gatekeeper to valley while entering the dive loop. These wing rider trains are not very aerodynamic. I almost forgot how wide they were until I saw TB testing on the webcam the other day.