TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

I'm sorry . . . I was too busy picking my mouth off the floor. THUNDERBIRD, FURY 325, and CANNIBAL are going to slay all other coasters for 2015! Say what you want, but that's how I feel.

Wicked Cyclone says a bold statement to make...

I agree. Even though Fury 325 and Thunderbird are definitely a step in the right direction for B&M, Wicked Cyclone and Twisted Colossus are going to be very hard to beat (especially Wicked Cyclone, which looks insane).

I'm sorry . . . I was too busy picking my mouth off the floor. THUNDERBIRD, FURY 325, and CANNIBAL are going to slay all other coasters for 2015! Say what you want, but that's how I feel.

Wicked Cyclone would like to have a word. But in all seriousness, both these B&M projects are certainly looking better than what the animated renderings showed. Perhaps this is the beginning of a B&M renaissance.

Wicked Cyclone would like to have a word. But in all seriousness, both these B&M projects are certainly looking better than what the animated renderings showed. Perhaps this is the beginning of a B&M renaissance.

From what I've heard, Banshee belongs in this category as well. Really, Gatekeeper is the only recent American B&M that hasn't had people saying this. My theory is B&M's wing coasters just aren't up to the level of their other models (inverts, speed coasters). I've ridden Gatekeeper, and, no, it wasn't forceless, but seriously, what B&M wing coasters ARE "intense"?

In my mind, when B&M pushes the design and is given something to work with, they can design some incredible coasters. And this didn't hapeen just in 2015.

^I also thought about that but if you look closely you'll realise it doesn't really go that fast over the top. I think it really is the shaping of the element which would be great!

I'm so excited to try this soon! That launch actually looks fairly forceful, too!

Gotta give Wicked Cyclone and Twisted Colossus their credit too, 'ya know. But I wholeheartedly agree! It seems each Timezone in the U.S. is getting at least one spectacular coaster!

I timed the launch from the video (which can be misleading due to frame-rate time compression), but it looks like the test launch was just less than 3 seconds. A half second longer than originally advertised. That adds, assuming all other factors constant, about 0.1G of force to the launch, which makes a difference.

I can't believe the irony... it seems like I've been waiting all winter for Thunderbird to Launch and my 2015 Subaru STi to get here from Japan. Without trying to be a super nerd, it's awesome that when I first drove my STi home, Thunderbird was launching in Indiana for the first time! Maybe this is a good sign.

I timed the launch from the video (which can be misleading due to frame-rate time compression), but it looks like the test launch was just less than 3 seconds. A half second longer than originally advertised. That adds, assuming all other factors constant, about 0.1G of force to the launch, which makes a difference.

A longer launch means less force (per unit time), not more.

After construction is complete I'm going to miss the Hard Hat Chronicles! Does any other park put this kind of time in for their fans?

As far as Thunderbird its self... Well the animations just did not do this thing justice from what I see so far. I also know there is still lots of work to be done on the theming but the animation didn't do that justice either. The station and the barns look so so so much better in real life, and I thought the animation was amazing. I have a feeling that HW and B&M are going to hit it out of the park with this one in every way....more than any one expected.

That's what I said...the launch in the test run appears faster (shorter in duration over the same distance) than the animation and shorter than the originally announced 3.5 seconds so therefore the real life launch appears to be more forceful than originally anticipated (about 0.1G greater when calculated out).

That's what I said...the launch in the test run appears faster (shorter in duration over the same distance) than the animation and shorter than the originally announced 3.5 seconds so therefore the real life launch appears to be more forceful than originally anticipated (about 0.1G greater when calculated out).

I think this is what confused people