TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

They're not testing yet. Paula just confirmed my suspicion to someone on Facebook. It's been 30 or below in this area since Tuesday. For most B&M's, doesn't it have to be at least 50 degrees for them to even run? I remember reading that somewhere.

50 degrees is too high! B:TR at SFSL operates at well below that temp. I'm not saying 30 is good, but 50 isn't the number.

It's actually exactly in the middle of those two! Wildfire at Silver Dollar City needs temperatures of 40 degrees or higher to operate. However, with Thunderbird being launched, it could have a higher limit than normal, but I don't know.

They're not testing yet. Paula just confirmed my suspicion to someone on Facebook. It's been 30 or below in this area since Tuesday. For most B&M's, doesn't it have to be at least 50 degrees for them to even run? I remember reading that somewhere.

50 degrees is too high! B:TR at SFSL operates at well below that temp. I'm not saying 30 is good, but 50 isn't the number.

I'd heard that 42 degrees (give or take a few) is the minimum temperature that most B&Ms can operate in, but I could be wrong.

I'd heard that 42 degrees (give or take a few) is the minimum temperature that most B&Ms can operate in, but I could be wrong.

Goliath, Batman, Scorcher, and Superman at Six Flags Over Georgia were operating last October at around 34 degrees. Also, Goliath and Dare Devil Dive were open until 1am that evening for a season pass ERT event and it was pushing 32 degrees at that point.

Goliath had its trim brake off, so it does run slower in those temps (however that did make the half after the trim faster than usual) but it was running 95% like normal.

I was shocked they were all running near the freezing point. Especially since when I called the park it was 42, and they told me the coasters don't run under 50 degrees however that they were running at that moment even though it was clearly 42. I questioned the phone rep on that and she couldn't seem to understand why it made no sense. Typical Six Flags I guess

I think it just depends on the park and how they want to operate the ride, I am sure B&M has some standard or suggestion though.

Don't forget it makes a difference if the ride's been running or not already. If it's 30° at opening, the ride may not be able to open. But if it's 50° at opening, then gets cooler later on (even dipping below 42° or whatever the cutoff is) it's easier to stay open.

Hey everyone!

Longtime lurker here.

Question (and forgive me if this has been answered) but whatever happened to those blue-prints that were supposed to reveal Will Koch's supposed plans for an inverted coaster? I thought I had read something about after Eastcoaster..

Thanks

1) Going in line with EVERYTHING that HW has done with this coaster they don't want you to see it moving until THEY want you to see it moving. I'm sure they want to be able to release and exiting testing video rather than just some dull webcam shots. Be patient.

2) Who gives a crap at what other temperatures other coasters have been seen running. Why would you want to risk testing your new multi million dollar machine in temperature ranges that aren't optimal? You're just asking for problems.

3) To the people who say "It's a B&M. It won't have any problems." That's dumb. Research human error. There is always potential for failure.

1) Going in line with EVERYTHING that HW has done with this coaster they don't want you to see it moving until THEY want you to see it moving. I'm sure they want to be able to release and exiting testing video rather than just some dull webcam shots. Be patient.

2) Who gives a crap at what other temperatures other coasters have been seen running. Why would you want to risk testing your new multi million dollar machine in temperature ranges that aren't optimal? You're just asking for problems.

3) To the people who say "It's a B&M. It won't have any problems." That's dumb. Research human error. There is always potential for failure.

But...research B&M error...the odds are more favorable of no problems than some lol lol...

Its testing right now, with lower speed launches/intentional rollbacks - you can see the launches on the ThunderbirdCam, as you can just see the start of the launch track. I have also seen the train slowly coming back into the station in reverse. i.e. a rollback situation.

Yeah, I thought I read that the mystery blue prints would appear on line sometime. Have they been put online yet and if so where?

If it was put online, it would have already been posted on this thread.

So we never found out what thise blue-prints were that the Koch daughters were hilding in a photo? Presumably Will Koch's plan/idea for an inverted coaster and its layout before he passed (rip).

Paula, any news on that front?

That's what they were according to people who were at No Coaster Con.

So I found this interesting. Of course, if they had gave the waterpark a Mardi Gras theme, I would have never learned all of the cool Swahili words.

Untitled.png.778f8889091a934a741d47de8583a9cf.png