TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Even more pictures from HW's Facebook:

10488045_10152751088339538_6890655096321203401_n.jpg?oh=8b0ca6390aa6c3b20f5c0b9d554b7de1&oe=5568CF75&__gda__=1432923491_643ca1d9e8d5f9d888e2a37927895e3e

This has been bothering me for awhile but there was never a close enough picture to tell. But is it just me or does the inline twist not look very smooth? It just doesn't look like it flows well. Almost like the first piece over-rotates and then the second piece goes straight for awhile then continues to roll. It may be just my imagination, but to me it doesn't look like it flows. I'm sure it won't have a major affect on the ride at all, just a thought.

It's coming in from a really steep upward helix (or "carousel"). So I'm certain part of that curve on the first part you mentioned is the track ending the carousel, then it straightens out before transitioning into the roll.

I think it also has to do with the turn prior to the inline. That straight-ish piece might be the point where your body is transitioning from the positive vertical gs of the helix, to the lateral gs of the inline. I'm pretty sure its shape a particular way for the forces to smoothy transition from one to another, rather than jerk from one type of sensation to the next like an old Arrow.

You know... Holiday World was never on my "Must Visit" park list. I can say that Thunderbird has changed that. I can't wait to get out to the park and experience their new coaster!!

It should be on your list. It's a great park even beyond the awsome coasters.

Love this park, but the one thing I could never understand is why there are not more hotels near the park. There is all kinds of empty land, and I am sure there is a demand for economy and moderate end rooms in the area. The only hotels I am aware of right by the park is the santa lodge and a chain hotel(can't remember the name) 6 miles away.

The santa lodge is nice, but the rates are between $130 and $230 a night in the summer. It would be nice to have a economy hotel like a motel 6 or super 8 near the park.

I am sure the park is going to have a HUGE increase in attendance this year with the new coaster, and people are going to need hotel rooms.