TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Holiblog

An audition for American Idol

Source

Four years ago, a young man from Richmond, Virginia, auditioned to be in our musical shows.

Rayvon Owen was invited to join us for the 2011 season, and we’re so glad he did.

My middle son, John, worked tech for the shows that season. He remembers Rayvon as a really nice guy, with a voice “as smooth as butter.”

Fast-forward four years and Rayvon has another audition.

Tomorrow night.

In San Francisco.

For American Idol.

You be the judge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1422411861&v=xdsk4OGCp9U&x-yt-cl=84924572

We wish Rayvon the very best tomorrow evening. We plan to cheer him on and remember fondly his summer with us, as a “smooth as butter” vocalist in our Rejoice! and Legacy shows.

And when are our auditions for this season? They’re coming up on March 1. Check out our Holiday World Audition Information here on our website.

That is nice touch, very funny! Yes, it has been done before, but nothing wrong with more parks doing it.

But - is that me or a piece of wood is floating in mid-air? The one in-bewteen the two hands.

You can see a vertical board behind the horizontal boards which is holding it together.

I love the play of hands cutting clean through the wood. Someone was obviously too confident in those hand-choppers!

^ That's exactly right.

After we show the video at Eastcoaster, we'll share with everyone else.

Anyone here active on Google+? I was thinking of trying a Google Video Hangout for this ...

Not frequently active, but I drop on it now and then. Just say the word, I definitely have mine ready!