TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

^The only thing that I do not like about the trains on wing coasters, is how they all have the same bird shaped front.

I love the shape of the wing coasters. They look amazing in real life. Thing I dont like about wing coasters is the overly long transactions between turns and inversions due the shape and weight of the trains. Add in a launch and which appears to be tighter turns and now i'm curious

This is so far the only bird-themed wing coaster that doesn't have a literal bird on it, let alone a wing coaster without a face on the front car (I think the only other one without some sort of face is X-Flight). It's a bit of a nice change of things, if you ask me.

I believe Paula made a post that at this rate the limited edition blueprints will be sold out by Saturday! I guess they are selling like hot cakes! They would make amazing gifts! And I'm solo getting an orange is the new track shirt. They are always selling the coolest stuff even during the off season. Just another reason I love this park so so much. Everything they touch just turns to pure happiness and fun.

I love how Thunderbird isn't even open yet and HW seems to be making a killing off of TB merchandise.

Dang! This thing will be ready by valentine's day!

I wouldn't be surprised if testing started by then.

Too bad it won't be human testing though. I'm gonna feel real jealous of the test dummies lol

Does anyone know heavy one Wing Coaster car is? B&M's version seems bulkier than Intamin's version, even though the launch systems are completely different, I really hope B&M can maximize the ability of LSM on this and provide a relatively forceful launch.

They do look heavier than intamin's. With furius baco being the only intaming accelerator wing coaster you can see that the weight affects the launch as it isn't as forceful as others (it takes the same time to hit 84 mph as kingda ka takes to hit 128). It might have six cars (while the other have a maximum of five) but I imagine the the fact that they are wing trains will have the biggest influence.

I don't know how much each ones weigh but with B&M's version being more complex (while intamin's is a simple beam with seats mounted on top) I assume they will be heavier.

^The reason why the trains on Thunderbird are so small, is because of the weight of the trains effects the launch. Also, we all know that B&M is more reliable than Intamin so I think there launch will be not as forceful as Intamin's but more reliable.

^The reason why the trains on Thunderbird are so small, is because of the weight of the trains effects the launch. Also, we all know that B&M is more reliable than Intamin so I think there launch will be not as forceful as Intamin's but more reliable.

B&M is generally more reliable when building "basic" steel looping coasters. We have no idea how well this is going to work out yet. And most of the reliability comes from how long Intrasys has been building launches.

They said they will start testing in Feb., weather permitting, hopefully they can. That will give them at least 2 months to get the kinks worked out, before opening day. I will be there April 24th, for Season Pass holders preview day, to check it out. I'm ready for Spring, can't wait to ride Thunderbird!

Another thing, did anyone see Holiday Worlds tweet today. It is a Merry Christmas video, but they said in the Tweet, to not miss the " Coffee Cup", in the beginning. From what I could read, it read " The Polar Expresso", what could that mean?

Also, we all know that B&M is more reliable than Intamin so I think there launch will be not as forceful as Intamin's but more reliable.

Are you suggesting you can't have a forceful launch that is reliable?

Polar Espresso, I like it! Were the Gravity Group guys the ones who came up with that?

Were the Gravity Group guys the ones who came up with that?

No, that was Steven in our IT department.

Could you go tell Stephen that he is amazing for me, please?

Also, I'm looking forward to the view from Crow's Nest, it should provide wonderful views of Thunderbird and Voyage. I have a feeling that if cameras are allowed on the ride (I have no idea what Holiday World's on-ride photography policies are), we will be seeing a lot of pictures taken from up there.

Also, we all know that B&M is more reliable than Intamin so I think there launch will be not as forceful as Intamin's but more reliable.

Are you suggesting you can't have a forceful launch that is reliable?

Polar Espresso, I like it! Were the Gravity Group guys the ones who came up with that?

Yeah you can, but we already know that B&M's coaster's are a little bit forceless but they are very reliable and Intamin's coasters are forceful but are not that reliable. So if the two companies combined for making a launch, it would be a forceful launch that is reliable.

^I don't think reliability depends on how forceful the coaster is. Most of the older B&M's are very reliable. I think it depends on the launch system itself and the technology used. LSM's have been around for a while now, and B&M is known for sticking to what they know, so I don't think the amount of forces on a ride make it unreliable.

Does anyone know heavy one Wing Coaster car is? B&M's version seems bulkier than Intamin's version, even though the launch systems are completely different, I really hope B&M can maximize the ability of LSM on this and provide a relatively forceful launch.

I remember that when Thorpe Park were realising info on their wing rider, they said that a loaded train weighs 12 tons. Since The Swarm has 7 rows, that will be roughly 1.71 tons for each car when loaded. Each person weighs 70.8 kg on average in Europe according to wiki, so times that by 4 which makes 283.2 kg. Turn that into tons, which is 0.31217456 (0.31 tons to keep it easy) and use that to minus from the total weight which comes to 1.4 tons per car, if my calculations are correct.

Note: I am not a mathematician. Correct me if I am wrong.