TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

So can I kinda sorta say I nailed it? Lol I was sorta right. BYW Paula, since your here, I just want to say THANK YOU for everything. And pass that on to all others behind the scenes. The pre announcement was the best ever campaign, the announcement itself was epic, and all the hard hat chronicles, pictures, extra surprises have been stellar. I've never seen a park put so much "extra" into a project so that their guests can stay connected to the park even in the off season. You guys continually surprise me weekly in amazing ways. No doubt about it, you guys are certainly special and one of a kind! Thanks so much!

I think they will dress up/ hide the area/concrete pad for the upcoming season and then a new ride will be announced for the following season.

For 2015, we'll add seating to that area, in anticipation of something else taking that spot in 2016.

HAHAHA, I love it.... Good job Paula, 2015 isn't even here yet and you just got everyone speculating on 2016

^ I know. I should be ashamed of myself.

No, you shouldn't definitely be proud of yourself!!! Everything you guys do you should be so proud of, and I know you are. I also want to say thank you to you and everyone at Holiday World for making the park so amazing. You guys always do everything just right. You guys put such great thought in everything... especially the 66 Days. When it comes to ride announcements, I always just check for them on the internet, but what you guys did this past summer made me take off work a day and drive 3 1/2 hours to be there for it in person. You guys are definitely living the dream that most of us would die for.

It's definitely Sparkler. They just moved the tower into view of the camera.

^ I know. I should be ashamed of myself.

Not at all. If anybody's learned anything, it's that you and everybody that help run Holiday World are the masters at teasing. That's worthy of an award or something!

They should get a industry award for their 66 days campaign.

I think I discovered the answer everyone! Since this ride is being relocated, and it's close to the Thunderbird track, and correct me if wrong, lets say the ride is the Sparkler, wouldn't that be considered one of the "near misses" because the swings will sway out close to the track as it go upwards?

"The Crow's Nest" is an odd name for a ride in the Thanksgiving section. Sounds like something that belongs next to Raven.

Or it's very fitting considering the entire campaign behind Thunderbird was themed to the pilgrims' voyage across the Atlantic in the Mayflower and a crow's next is a section on the upper part of the main mast of a ship.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crow's_nest

"The Crow's Nest" is an odd name for a ride in the Thanksgiving section. Sounds like something that belongs next to Raven.

Or it's very fitting considering the entire campaign behind Thunderbird was themed to the pilgrims' voyage across the Atlantic in the Mayflower and a crow's next is a section on the upper part of the main mast of a ship.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crow's_nest

Oh, okay, that makes a lot more sense now. Thanks for pointing that out!

I wonder if the ride will be painted Orange to match Thunderbird or just stay as it is.