TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

That airtime-hill/s-curve looks awesome! This definitely has potential to be the best of all the wing coasters.

Now B&M just needs to incorporate that kind of trackwork into their hyper coasters.

True. These twisted airtime hills are always fun and I would like to see B&M hypers having a few.

^Oh trust me. The ride really is rough. It is by far the roughest intamin I've ridden but it's also full of awesomeness so I still like it although, as I said, I don't blame those who can't take that level of roughness.

Is there anything new? This board hasn't been active in a few days.

Construction took a break for Thanksgiving and so did the thread

The last piece of track should go up today, weather permitting, of course. So keep an eye on the construction cam. Keep an eye on HW's Twitter as well. I'm sure there will be some updates there.

If I was in charge of HW's Twitter, I would probably tweet at all the SF parks telling them this is how you get a project done on time, with nearly five months to spare.

If I was in charge of HW's Twitter, I would probably tweet at all the SF parks telling them this is how you get a project done on time, with nearly five months to spare.

Yes, because karma would never come back and bite us!

Just because the track is all up (or will be soon) doesn't mean we're done - still a lot of work as we prepare B&M's first launched coaster for testing. That will be the topic of the next Hard Hat Chronicles.

But thanks for the good thoughts - our team has been incredible!

And with less accidental fires, too.

You have to admit it was a colossally bold attempt to make it on the new mini hotness tour. Plus, it isn't easy to install multiple installations of what can be the coasters with the most inversions in the world!

Holiday World does have a great record with opening new rides by opening day. The only one I can remember that didn't open on time was Gobbler Getaway, which I'm sure was barely noticeable with the Voyage next door.

Anyway, a new photo on Twitter this morning had the caption, "Will the final piece of Thunderbird track go up today?" I just can't get enough pictures of this coaster. The trees around it just make it ten times cooler, in my opinion.

187028630_ScreenShot2014-12-01at11_38_41AM.png.36fc41a1561dd8301081a2ea8ebd5dcc.png

^ Judging on how they've pieced this thing together so far, I would guess that there is either two individual pieces left and they're going to bolt those together and bring them up to the site as one sort of big piece, or there is just one piece left. The crane is sitting right behind the last support, so they might get it done today.