TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

I had made up my mind to come this direction before the announcement mainly for the woodies! Said it before a great time to book my 1st trip to the park looking forward to the train unveiling. The shot from the launch wow and as said before the trees around you will enhance the feeling of speed.

Stu K

Winter came a bit early this year, but Thunderbird looks great against the snow. I can't wait to ride this, everything seems to have been done perfectly. Kudos to everyone at Holiday World, you guys are such pros. I'm still shocked there is B&M track soaring above quiet, old Indiana. It's a nice change of pace. Thunderbird is going to look incredible come summer, flying through the trees. It is sure to be a hit for many, many years to come. Consider me excited...

IMG_586566108518213.thumb.jpeg.386fc1fd8e5fda815a335b87fee626c6.jpeg

All photos are from Holiday World's Facebook page.

IMG_586570250638576.thumb.jpeg.a80465710503c3b1d8634a4bd782973a.jpeg

IMG_586573456998439.thumb.jpeg.8d6bad3ae5b2776c557e67abeced7dcd.jpeg

IMG_586573965909571.thumb.jpeg.f5c0662f4eace5bcad87d4a6e9ff92c1.jpeg

Edited by SinkingShadows

Bollinger & Mabillard (B&M) and Holiday World unveiled the front car for the new "Thunderbird" steel roller coaster at IAAPA 2014. "Thunderbird" is the nation`s first launched wing coaster and B&M`s first launched coaster. It will open in April at the Santa Claus, Indiana, theme park.

B2u4IXmIIAAmtns.jpg-large.thumb.jpeg.81befc8cdca764fd36a923e84a5e4a57.jpeg

Lead car for Holiday World's Thunderbird. Worlds first launched B&M Wing Rider!

B2u5y3bIYAA-xxw.jpg-large.thumb.jpeg.66a939fc2a7198284c3cc007acaa7f10.jpeg

Hanging out with Paula from @HolidayWorld in front of her new B&M Thunderbird train!

Edited by jray21

I believe that the lack of theming on the trains is actually part of the theming as Thunderbird is supposed to be a mystical creature. The park has been quoted saying that they consider Thunderbird the "Sasquatch of the sky", so you hear all these myths behind the creature, but nobody has actually seen it.

Edited by ZeroGravity55

The trains themselves look pretty nice, but after seeing what B&M have done to theme up the other wing rider trains, I can't help but feel a little disappointed.

Agree...however, it seems that all the wingriders, but X-Flight I think, have a bird or some winged creature looking thing on the front. Maybe they wanted to break the mold a little and go with something different but basic.

That teal and yellow is going to look great against the orange track! I can see how people might be annoyed of the color scheme (reminds me of old Invertigo color schemes), but I don't see how anyone thinks they can't go together.

I believe that the lack of theming is actually part of the theming as Thunderbird is supposed to be a mystical creature. The park has been quoted saying that they consider Thunderbird the "Sasquatch of the sky", so you hear all these myths behind the creature, but nobody has actually seen it.

Lack of theming? Haven't you seen the renderings of the station and patio area near it? It's definitely more than what Gatekeeper received.

^Oh. Then I see what you mean. Personally, I don't think we need to see another bird fixed to the front of yet another wing rider... but that's just my $0.02.

I agree the zero G roll is one of the smaller ones. But geez.

Everybody's a critic!