TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

It's been said before, but bears repeating - that track color looks SPECTACULAR against the changing leaves.

Thanksfor keeping us up to date!

Haha! I was going to say the exact same thing. Looks stunning.

I don't think there is any sensors beside the one after the apex of the Immelman. Since I don't see it, either it's not installed, or in the valley.

However I do think it needs a lot of track adjustement. Actually it will need tweaks until the testings, since the bolts are tightened only when everything is in place.

--

On another topic, is there anything planned for the pre-launch section? A little animation or something?

Are they putting sensors on the track or just minor adjustments? Seen them off and on in booms doing some kind of track work on the existing completed stuff.

Got you an answer from VP James: We are bringing track bolts up to full torque and sanding smooth the track joints where each piece of track joins together. After that we paint the area we sanded.

^ I have too, but it's just a camera. I don't think it really matters where they put it.

Looking at the ThunderbirdCam, I can't tell if they've started putting track in for the next overbank, or if that is one of the booms I'm seeing. It's kinda hidden behind the trees and both the boom and track are orange. I might just be seeing stuff.

^^ Ehh I'll be technical when I get more than 4 hours of sleep.

Don't worry, I was mocking B&M for using different names when it's basically the same element.

They did it on Fury 325 as well, finding a name for each turn: "high speed s curve" ; "overbanked curve" ; "high speed bancked curve"... pshh, same thing.

^^ Ehh I'll be technical when I get more than 4 hours of sleep.

Don't worry, I was mocking B&M for using different names when it's basically the same element.

They did it on Fury 325 as well, finding a name for each turn: "high speed s curve" ; "overbanked curve" ; "high speed bancked curve"... pshh, same thing.

I was just re-watching the POV and yeah, they're pretty much the same. I know it doesn't really matter but I don't see why they come up with all these names? Just to look fancy? It would be clearer if they used the same. (why do they call some of their corkscrews giant flat spins? )

That picture looked great. It should be a fun element.