TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

It looks like we have a good view of the path that leads to Thunderbird as well. I love the way that it hugs the edge of the woods and gets us nice and close to Thunderbird with new views of the Voyage.

138698547_ScreenShot2014-10-08at12_57_25PM.png.065cd6cc7d452bc4cf2258002fca68bf.png

It seems to be towards the bottom left.

The guests visiting this weekend are so lucky Imagine the skyline now.

It's great when a new ride or parts of it are visible for guests before the off season. It will only make them return the following year.

For some reason I decided to look at the webcam at midnight and you can see the full moon's reflection on the Immlemann. Anyways, I saw where they had the next track piece lined up for tomorrow. I'm curious to see how they build this loop. I wonder if they will piece it together in order or build the entrance and the exit of the loop first, then go vertical from there? Should be fun to watch!

Edit: They must have put the piece of track I was referring to up late yesterday and it appears that the loop has went vertical!

TB2.png.20644f4ed90ff408b7ba5ff731b9f11c.png

It is pretty close to Voyage. TPR had a tour of the construction site last August, and I was a bit surprised at how close it was. They're cutting down as few trees as possible, too.

They just put up another suppport.

I really do think that the loop is actually a little bit far from The Voyage. But not much.

Either that, or it's just me.

IMAGE REMOVED -EricGarbo

It's a tiny, tiny, tiny bit off from the rendering. But must I repeat, the rendering. But it's really nothing to worry about.

It appears that the supports for the loop need to be positioned before Voyage, which is the only criteria there.

I'm pretty sure HW plans to plant a few more trees around ThunderBird.

I would hope so, but they really did leave the area around the spaghetti bowl on Voyage decently bare, so we'll see.

Maybe Paula can shed some light on this, but I vaguely remember hearing/reading that the park tries to replace as many trees as they remove or is it just save as many trees as they can? Didn't the park sort of start this tradition of saving trees because Will Koch hated removing trees? I think I may have read that in a Holiblog from quite a few years back.

That loop is going to be amazing! It may not be the biggest loop in the world, but it'll be the "biggest of any wing coaster" out there so far.

That would sound more impressive if there was more than one wing coaster with a vertical loop right now.

The exit piece of the loop was put in place today. They have a piece on a flat bed, presumably to be put in place tomorrow. At this rate, they'll probably have the loop completed by this time next week, maybe earlier!

TB3.png.201cdd9e8afcd83a519720af0c9218b3.png

That loop is going to be amazing! It may not be the biggest loop in the world, but it'll be the "biggest of any wing coaster" out there so far.

That would sound more impressive if there was more than one wing coaster with a vertical loop right now.

True, but it'll still be pretty large.

^ Yeah, but I think all the vertical loops on non-inverted B&M's look very large. I guess that is why I'm not that impressed by the height.

Not a whole lot going on with Thunderbird today. I think they planned on putting up another piece of track, but the rain ruined any plans of that happening.