TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

I really wish Enthusiasts would stop ragging on B&M all the time. Some will never be pleased.

B&M builds a launched wing coaster at Holiday World:

ZOMG that's boring.

B&M builds a giga at Carowinds:

ZOMG that's boring.

B&M builds ANYTHING:

ZOMG that's boring.

I know there's a sense of humor rule, but something isn't funny when it's overused.

[EDIT] I know there's Banshee, but the initial reaction to it wasn't very positive because many assumed it would be forceless due to the large inversions.

You know, I'm gonna regret bringing up this complaint.

Soon the whole thread is going to be full of comments about people arguing about B&M. So I'm going to put a stop that before it happens.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I thought that the big crane was supposed to be here today to start working on the immelman. I wonder when it will get here.

Going on Oct.11th with the Family. Buying my season pass on the easy pay plan, asked if we could get it processed that day, they wrote back and said yes. They also said we will get a ticket for free admission that day and a Thunderbird Cup, can't wait. I'll post a Photo Trip report of my day and the construction when I get home, come on Oct. 11th.

Going on Oct.11th with the Family. Buying my season pass on the easy pay plan, asked if we could get it processed that day, they wrote back and said yes. They also said we will get a ticket for free admission that day and a Thunderbird Cup, can't wait. I'll post a Photo Trip report of my day and the construction when I get home, come on Oct. 11th.

Great! I love Photo TRs!

^While I agree that people are a bit over-negative, I would rather have a situation like Banshee that surpasses expectations than an overhyped ride that doesn't deliver.

Totally agree! After being disappointed by X-Flight and GateKeeper, I was expecting Parrot Coaster to be a total snooze fest that I can grab a credit run then go do the aquarium tours. It turned out close to the intensity of old school B&M's.

Really hope Thunderbird will be as forceful as Partot Coaster while as smooth as X-Flight.

^ Paula said that they don't have any plans to move it. I'm not too worried, Paula will give us all plenty of updates!

^^ Love it!

The vertical loop looks to be THE element to have on the wingriders. Anyone that has been on Wild Eagle, how does the loop ride?

Like most other loops, honestly. I'm not saying that's a bad thing.

I've decided that I'm not going to look at this, or any other wing-riders for that matter, and pick apart how much force each element is going to provide. Yes, force will be a nice added feature, but I'm going to try and appreciate the art of the design and the freedom of riding on a wing. With this ride being themed to a bird, I actually think I'm going to enjoy the back to back overbanked turns the most. I know these two elements took a lot of flack, being called filler elements, by some people, but when you truly think about it, they fit the wing-rider concept. When I look at birds flying, and I look at the design, I think those two elements are the ones that are truly going to give me the sensation of riding on a birds wings. That's merely a subjective opinion, so I know others feel differently than I do, but that's alright.