TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

How about Timberliners on The Legend? We know The Voyage isn't fit for them, but what about The Legend? That would be SUCH an improvement.

Yeah..........no.

Holiday World spent (I forget how many) years trying to get them to work on the Voyage. They definitely wouldn't want to go through all that work for nothing again.

Trust me, there are probably parks out there that wish their CCI (or CCI's) ran as good The Raven and The Legend do at this point in their life span. One is nearly 20 years old and the other is almost 15 years old. Maintaining both of these rides wouldn't be as big a problem if it wasn't for The Voyage. They have to pour most of their time, effort, and money into keeping it ride-able every year. It is their #1 dry park attraction (soon to be #2 with the GP) and they have to try and make sure it runs like a number one attraction. Do they always succeed? No. There is not a park out there that could try and keep up with this monster of a ride. Now if I'm looking at numbers at the park, I wanna now how much money the park has spent on Voyage maintenance on average per year, since the ride has opened. Then, I wanna quote from RMC to find out how much a full topper track conversion, with two new RMC trains will cost in a single investment. Then I wanna know how much Silver Dollar City has spent on maintenance on average per year, since Outlaw Run has opened. I would then crunch those numbers and if that full topper track conversion with the RMC trains will cost the same amount of money or less in a singe year than the normal maintenance typically performed over a ten year period, I would pull the trigger on the topper track conversion. In my opinion, if they're going to do topper track on The Voyage, they might as well do the whole dang thing. Put the RMC trains on it (they were designed for the RMC tracks), I think The Voyage would become a whole new experience. This would allow them to focus more on The Raven and Legend every year. Overall, this would improve guest experience tremendously.

And Paula if your out there, I REALLY want that background music as an MP3 somehow!!

If I'm out there? What - did you think I vaporized after the announcement or something?

Glad you like the music! One of my brothers is a music composition professor - we hired one of his former students to compose our Thunderbird theme. Talented guy!

Trust me, there are probably parks out there that wish their CCI (or CCI's) ran as good The Raven and The Legend do at this point in their life span.

So true. Say it loud and proud!

There is not a park out there that could try and keep up with this monster of a ride..

You got that right! Could you imagine it at (fill in the blank corporate park)? Trim on drop #1, trim going up hill #5, a complete stop at the MCBR and at least 2 or 3 trims going back to the station. And it would be rough, geez it would be rough. Raven and Legend would have sets of trims on their initial drops, too. Good thing this is not the case; we all know some corporations did what they could to get their hands on Holiday World: "no thank you!"

Thank you Holiday World and your Coaster Cats! You swooped down like and underdog with Raven and haven't stopped since.

^Well, corporations CAN run a ride decently. Shivering Timbers is an example - does it even have any trims? And it runs fairly smoothly except for its trick-track. And independent parks can be total nightmares - Mt. Olympus is an example. But with 3 woodies, the odds are one would be neutered in some way if CF or SF had HW. Good job, Holiday World! Hopefully someday I'll make it out there to ride these rides!

^Shivering Timbers does have one trim right before the final helix, but the rest of the ride (all airtime hills included) is brake free. Also, looking at TPR's latest Shivering Timbers video, that lone trim brake appeared to be off, so Michigan's Adventure doesn't seem too uptight on keeping the ride's speed in check.

Holiday World probably has the best coaster maintenance team in the entire country. They know that their woodies are some of the best in the world, and they want to keep them running like day one for as long as they can!

And Paula if your out there, I REALLY want that background music as an MP3 somehow!!

If I'm out there? What - did you think I vaporized after the announcement or something?

Glad you like the music! One of my brothers is a music composition professor - we hired one of his former students to compose our Thunderbird theme. Talented guy!

Lol ok well I didn't think you went POOF gone, just didn't think you would be following us theme park crazies as closely! You guys for sure hired the right guy for the music! He really must be talented! So how do I go about purchasing an MP3 version from him? Lol

You guys should sell the music for some extra bucks (and to pay for the B&M.)

You guys should sell the music for some extra bucks (and to pay for the B&M.)

I'm also curious if the theme song will play anywhere in the Thunderbird plaza.. I really hope so. Just watched the video again, a few times, and man that theming just looks amazing. Can't wait to experience it all in real life!

I would think bathrooms and a pepsi oasis would be down there near the exit, lol. If not for next season then the season following, Those oasis's are a GOD SEND having right near the exit of their other coasters.

This post reminds me so much of Rollercoaster Tycoon's Nausea mechanics.

"Your guests are commenting that Pepsi Oasis #4 is very cheap, maybe you should consider raising the price." I think you're at the wrong park, Mr. Park Inspector.

It's always a little funky whenever a park makes you walk through the water park to get to another dry part of the park (or when the shortest distance to get to another dry attraction is through part of the water park). They might make water park go'ers share the path leading to Thunderbird. Since Hyena Falls is sort of situated on its own elevated patio, dry park go'ers wouldn't necessarily be bothering Hyena Falls riders.

Since Hyena Falls is sort of situated on its own elevated patio, dry park go'ers wouldn't necessarily be bothering Hyena Falls riders.

If I was attending the water park and my dry friend was crossing to get to another ride, I'd be sooo tempted to just run up and give him a wet hug.