TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Just give coasterchitchat a break! He was nice enough to put a trip report together, and all we do is complain about it? Seems not right . . .

I don't know I think it's fair for people to complain, he stole other peoples photos and claimed them as his own for his TR, as some-one who spends time and effort when I visit parks like Everland and Lotte World to provide updates to parks that aren't visited often by people here, i'd be pretty annoyed too if some-one was using them as their own on another forum to pretend they'd visited and passing it as their own hard work. Look at Robb's posts when people took his SCAD tower video and didn't give TPR credit.

^ Yeah he stole the majority of those pictures from the negative g website. Hell, one of them has a red Raven train from the 2010 season on The Voyage when they were going through that whole Timberliner fiasco. There is another one of Wildebeest where you can clearly tell Mammoth hasn't even been built yet. I might buy that he visited the park and used someone else's photos to describe his trip, but the way he worded that report, there is no way I'm buying that he visited HW.

Now back on subject. Does anybody else love looking at the webcam and being able to picture Thunderbird now? Don't get me wrong, I loved the mystery, but I hated the torture. Speaking of the webcam, they sure are moving a lot of dirt, like digging the dirt up around the footers.

No. The most that could happen is someone asking the photos to be taken down.

...AND earn a lengthy timeout from posting to TPR. We will not tolerate someone stealing photos from other websites and claiming them as their own.

KK's faces last night at the annoucement:

@ The fact that it's a launched B&M coaster

@ the fact that it's a wing coaster

@ the fact that HW finally has a Large Steel Coaster

@ the fact that it has 4 inversions

@ the fact that HW dropped $22 Mil on a single ride!

Can't let this gem get buried just yet...so QFT!

I'm loving this I wonder if T3 will really attract more guests. ( Of course it will attract some people.) But I'm guessing not many. I'm hoping the new trains make the ride a much better experience.

No. The most that could happen is someone asking the photos to be taken down.

...AND earn a lengthy timeout from posting to TPR. We will not tolerate someone stealing photos from other websites and claiming them as their own.

Well, I meant the owners of the photos but yes, TPR should stop those types of offenses.

Now back on subject. Does anybody else love looking at the webcam and being able to picture Thunderbird now? Don't get me wrong, I loved the mystery, but I hated the torture. Speaking of the webcam, they sure are moving a lot of dirt, like digging the dirt up around the footers.

Just seeing where the Immelmann supprts are going makes me want time to go faster.

Just give coasterchitchat a break! He was nice enough to put a trip report together, and all we do is complain about it? Seems not right . . .

I don't know I think it's fair for people to complain, he stole other peoples photos and claimed them as his own for his TR, as some-one who spends time and effort when I visit parks like Everland and Lotte World to provide updates to parks that aren't visited often by people here, i'd be pretty annoyed too if some-one was using them as their own on another forum to pretend they'd visited and passing it as their own hard work. Look at Robb's posts when people took his SCAD tower video and didn't give TPR credit.

^ Yeah he stole the majority of those pictures from the negative g website. Hell, one of them has a red Raven train from the 2010 season on The Voyage when they were going through that whole Timberliner fiasco. There is another one of Wildebeest where you can clearly tell Mammoth hasn't even been built yet. I might buy that he visited the park and used someone else's photos to describe his trip, but the way he worded that report, there is no way I'm buying that he visited HW.

Now I am on the same side as you. The photos were definitely taken from the Negative - G site, and it's just bad to make a trip report of someone else's photo's and claim that they are yours.

^ No he basically got put in timeout. I found one of his posts from yesterday. Honestly, it's gonna be hard for him to post on here with any credibility now (at least in my mind).

Just wonder why they dug that huge hole around the footers the other day and now filled back up?

Same here.

Edited by ZeroGravity55

Just wonder why they dug that huge hole around the footers the other day and now filled back up?

I didn't see it, but I'm assuming it was to remove the formwork. If the hole they dug was sloped back all the way around, that was to comply with OSHA standards for trench excavation. It was essentially to protect the workers from a cave-in while they removed the formwork.

Was at the park today and got these pics. About 10 pieces of track were on site and a few supports. Nice progress happening on one of the structures. Looks like the LIM house, but I'm not positive. Also got a peek of several cement trucks past the Voyage crossover point pouring footers. Enjoy!

house.thumb.jpg.92fbcc1bdb2ad8c0116286a78f58abbe.jpg

track1.thumb.jpg.a1d5d84f7b14024e0d054f13b82aac28.jpg

track2.thumb.jpg.b36cc6df772429c84037091b496c9f33.jpg

Here's a little animation I made showing the expansions from Santa Claus Land's opening in 1946 to Holiday World's opening of Thunderbird in 2015.

Great animation! I'm wondering... just how much land does the park own across the road (Legend lot area, which I've never been to)?

I always think it's strange when people complain that Legend is rough, but then have no problem with something like Maverick (pain! neck and/or head - ouch!). Legend has strong laterals (which ROCKS in my book), and constantly needs work, but it's hardly what I would call any sort of painful rough. It's my favorite of the three at the park; maybe I'm just stickin up for it.