TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Personally, if I'm going to be cantilevered from the track, I'm not going to want a forceful experience. Several rides on X2 have solidifed that opinion for me. Also, the 60mph speed is (expectedly) deceiving, as the pacing on the loop looks pretty quick.

I appreciate that B&M's recent direction has been toward re-rideability, which is a great business move, in my opinion. That said, this looks incredibly re-rideable, and looks to be the best wing rider layout and ride by far. I don't even think it's short, and I don't think you can get any more of a well-rounded experience than what I'm seeing here.

Really interesting to see such a short train, though.

I`m not a fan of illusions. If the Immelmann and the loop will be THAT high, but the maximum speed is about 60 mph...than this will NOT be forceful !

But still I think it will be a great addition

It all depends on radius.

This thing is spread out

Assuming the immelmann is already 15 feet above the ground, which leaves a maximum radius of 39.6 meters.

Do the math, and you'll end up with AT LEAST 2.8 gs. So it's more than likely we will be seeing 3+gs in the real thing.

Worlds first multi-inversion launched wing coaster (since baco only has one inversion). USAs first launched wing rider.

I love the pace that the cars take on the large overbanks.

I wonder if they will have to put something over Voyage where TB crosses over.

Looks like I will be a fan of the left side as it gets one more head chopper than the right.

I love the colors and the theme, especially the station design.

Looks like that path to walk back to this ride will give the path to Batwing at SFA a run for it's money.

Something that's typically brought up with new B&Ms but I wonder if it'll have the classic roar of a B&M? With all the theming around thunder and such, it would almost make sense for it to have the thunderous roar..Anybody know for sure?

I can honestly not believe my guess was right!!! I was only off by ten feet on the height, and i thought there would be a splashdown. I did get name, type, and manufacturer, and launch.

Something that's typically brought up with new B&Ms but I wonder if it'll have the classic roar of a B&M? With all the theming around thunder and such, it would almost make sense for it to have the thunderous roar..Anybody know for sure?

Just as a reference, X-Flight here at SFGAm does not have the traditional B&M roar, but I always love it when their coasters do.

For the caliber and size of park holiday world is, I think this is a big deal. Was it over hyped...nope not at all. The park told the story, the theme of the coaster over a 66 day span. If anyone feels it was over hyped its by fault of their own. I don't recall the park saying the coaster is gonna be the coaster to end all coasters. Come to think of it...they never even said it was a coaster...just one.big.thing. I will be taking the trip to the park next year...thank you immensely holiday world.

I noticed the side of the station (during the launch) said "Will Power Steam Engine Company"

nice tribute to Will Koch?

It absolutely is.

Wish he was here to see this. He would have loved all of this. The whole campaign is the first time I've really felt like HW was doing things "Will's way." The suspense, enthusiasm and showmanship were incredible with a final reveal that took it all to the next level.

Well played Paula/HW. Unfortunately, now you have to figure out how to top yourselves in 2016!

For the caliber and size of park holiday world is, I think this is a big deal. Was it over hyped...nope not at all. The park told the story, the theme of the coaster over a 66 day span. If anyone feels it was over hyped its by fault of their own. I don't recall the park saying the coaster is gonna be the coaster to end all coasters. Come to think of it...they never even said it was a coaster...just one.big.thing. I will be taking the trip to the park next year...thank you immensely holiday world.

Anyone else feel this would work much better as a flying coaster?

Hear me out. Between this and Wild Eagle at Dollywood, it's like the parks aren't sure what a wingrider is best used for. That is close calls with the environmental elements around the ride. Raptor does this perfectly, as do a few of the other ones (Gatekeeper). Thunderbird here will have the barn, sure, but the vast majority of the ride is spent on oversized elements that do nothing to enhance the design of the train.

Imagine if you went through this same layout on the flyer trains. The launch would be spectacular into that immelmann! The large, swooping turns that are high up would also be great!

It's a nice design and definitely going to be a hit, but I feel like they just planted the wrong train on the track.

Really cool looki coaster. I totally called the orange track! The coaster looks cool, hope it roars. I also like how the dog goes off before the launch. The theming looks cool. Interesting name though. I was expecting a two syllable name. The _____. Like you have voyage raven and legend that all had two syllables so interesting that they broke the streak. I honestly don't care though the one thing though that I thought was interesting was the choice of color for the trains. I don't think I would've chosen that color scheme. Besides all that, I have more positive things to say than negative. This will he a Great addition. Launch, inversions, and different seating style. Perfect.