TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Flywheels can store energy for an electric (LIM/LSM launch.) The animation looked like LIM/LSM launch.

Wonder if she misspoke about the flywheel or if the animation wasn't accurate?

I think I've heard from others that Anubis and Sky Rocket use flywheels to store energy for a launch. That is probably what this is.

In the vid it sounds like an lsm.

Looks very legit - for a wing coaster. And obviously the launch into the massive Immelman is impressive. The keyhole barn thing at the end looks great... it all looks great.

It all just seems a little un-Holiday World-ish to me.

Great, but... I'll shut up now.

So.... it's furious baco? Launched wing coaster with smoke effects on the launch doesn't seem that "first of its kind" to me.

They did say "first launched wing coaster in the nation" so, yeah.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is going to be MUCH better than Baco though.

Although, interestingly, Baco had/has critics saying it ruined the area it's in.

Flywheels are mechanisms for storing energy. The Incredible Hulk Coaster uses a flywheel to store energy for its launch, and this will work in the exact same way, but with the flywheel holding power for LSMs instead of drive tires. The flywheel does NOT launch the train by itself like on a Schwarzkopf shuttle loop coaster.

Awesome... Looks awesome! I am excited for the smaller train, which should lessen the push/pull feeling and improve the pacing through the elements. Launched B&M finally? Cool stuff. I think it will be incredible!

This will get me back to HW next year for sure!