TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

You all been talking and hyping yourselves up sooo much, I just hope you are not disappointed when all is revealed. ...Like Christmas morning when you didn't get everything that you put on the List

LOL Steve. You can tell which of us are from St. Louis...

Tonight, at 9pm their time I believe.

Actually it begins at 8:15 PM THEIR time as Holiday World is in the central time zone as is much of southern Indiana.

Don't mean to bust on ya HolidayWorldFTW, but the majority of Southern Indiana is in the eastern time zone. The central time zone only extends as far east as Perry County, and the only county north of Evansville that is included is Gibson County. Everything else south of I-70 is in the eastern time zone.

I wish they would just make the whole state one time zone. The boundaries just seem so odd due to those exceptions you mention. When we went to HW a few years back, we stayed in one time zone but the park was in the other, even though they were both in southern Indiana. We were aware ahead of time so all was well, but it would just be easier to make it uniform in my mind. JMO

stay away from the media tweets for the next few hours! someone might blow it.

yeah, i suspect they have the media there now because if they want it splashed in the media tomorrow, the reveal tonight at 830pm will be too late for most local media, i suspect.

stay away from the media tweets for the next few hours! someone might blow it.

yeah, i suspect they have the media there now because if they want it splashed in the media tomorrow, the reveal tonight at 830pm will be too late for most local media, i suspect.

Also, if someone sees something, please don't post it on this thread before it is announced. That would blow all of the anticipation and Holiday World's hard work, so please don't do it.

Wow, I am dying over my final prediction. I thought for sure this would be a Wing Rider given the clues, BUT I can't resolve the proximity of that building with the footers -- there clearly is not enough space for a wingrider to pass by on, and that row of footers is definitely either a brake run or a launch.

So, I am going to abandon my second guess and revert back to my first (and now FINAL) guess:

B&M sit-down launcher (it is the first of its kind for B&M and they would make a big deal of doing their first launch coaster in-house)

Terrain based, B&M maverick killer

With inversions (although I don't want them).

The BIG thing is the length rather than height-- over 5,000 feet long (within budget of $22M because lower to ground)

maybe 2 launches?

Paeks crowd right now is moderate. Walkes on raven as usual, and about a 15 minute wait for legend which is only running one train. Next is Voyage and a look at the site

Thanks! I was just about to make a post asking about the crowd today and then I saw your post. I am getting ready to head to Holiday World in a few minutes and was wondering how busy it is.

According to Twitter, reporters have been told nothing. They have to wait like the rest of us! Shouldn't be any early leaks...

Thank god!

Alright. I'm gonna throw in my final guesses. I have two.

1) Zerogravity's prediction of the backwards launched flyer. I really think that would be an interesting experience, and I don't think B&M has maxed out their full potential with the flyer concept, so this could be the one to do that. That blue track in Clearmont, OH could be going to Holiday world.

2) Launched wingrider. I know what you are thinking - that can't possibly work, because of that house to the right of the launch. Well, if they were to do something special (flip the launch on itself at a 90 degree angle so the track is facing the Voyage), it would work. Definetely the first of its kind. I don't know if the physics would work with that concept, but it would certainly be cool to be laying on your side and being launched. Also, inversions in the woods area, and a dark section like Verbolten, and a splashdown water effect.

I'm pulling for the flyer, but whatever this is, I'm sure it will be great! Only a few more hours until all is revealed!