TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Seagulls are kind of like birds of prey, right?

I'm so happy we haven't uncovered anything that would spoil this announcement. Big applause for HW for somehow keeping the suspense in-tact. I really have no clue what is going to be announced today. The recent clues combined with industry trends would seem to indicate a B&M wingrider, but there's plenty of misdirection going on as well I'm sure. B&M doesn't speak German, do they? That's really messing up my confidence in making a guess. Oh boy, if this turns out not to be a B&M after all, lols will be had.

I wonder if any of the construction crew gets any excitement from all the buzz? Or is it just another day at work for them? There sure does seem to be lots of activity on the construction site today. Wonder If today is the start of the construction phase that would give it all away or if tomorrow is the start?

^^^ Comes from a German speaking country. They do speak German in Switzerland, but as somebody posted, their headquarters are located in a French speaking part of Switzerland. As I said, she said German speaking, because there are more manufacturers that could be possible, which leads to more speculation. I posted this earlier, but the Bastille Day clue would make sense then. It's a French Holiday and B&M speaks French/the headquarters are located in a French speaking part of Switzerland.

^^ Looks like another normal day to me. What has caught my eye the last two days is the fact that they're putting out more survey markers right in front of the camera.

One thing about todays clue. It says the creature carried the passengers. If it carried the passengers, they wouldn't be sitting on the wings. Still sticking with my prediction of a B&M teal tracked flyer with the worlds first lying down launch.

now what if it meant by "carrying the passengers, they meant you were being held in its feet/talons.

that would kind of depict an inverted coaster, as it kind of looks like you are being carried away in the talons of the bird of prey. just something I thought I would throw out there

I wonder if any of the construction crew gets any excitement from all the buzz? Or is it just another day at work for them? There sure does seem to be lots of activity on the construction site today. Wonder If today is the start of the construction phase that would give it all away or if tomorrow is the start?

I think they wouldn't do it just before the announcement, would they? Isn't there going to be something delivered at Holiday World tomorrow?

Hmmm according to the new holiblog post the VP Chris clue with the cake pops and all has something to do with the misspelling of the word Bastille.... So I guess I'll spend all night purposely misspelling Bastille to try to figure it out lol.

Ba-STEEL.

Wow, I am a powerfully stupid man. I was busy creating anagrams of Bastille.

And i naturally missed the Bellyaching and Moaning = B&M.

All I can say is that Im excited any way this turns out as I like Holiday World's past coaster installations. My only question would be the height restrictions. B&M's are usually on the heigher end of the scale (due to the restraint types I would guess) but thats just me. This is looking like its going to me a massive hit for Holiday World no matter what it is.

If this is a B&M, I really hope they have designed new seats with a lower height restriction. Since Holiday World is a true family park, I feel like they would want the height requirement to be lower than 54 or 52 inches. Nothing quite like seeing kids get on their first big steel coaster that goes upside down!

My official guess after much thought is a B&M 4th dimension prototype.

Wingriders are a test phase for B&M to prove they can pull off the cantilevered train design, at least in my opinion.

Now that the design is proven, why not make the seats rotate? The rocking, tossing, and turning motions of the ship are right there, and inversions are too!

Still going with my guess from page 535. I don't care if it's wrong, it just sounds cool! In all honestly I think that kyleparks77's theory about the wingrider to flyer coaster is more likely (don't worry, I've read this whole thread and I know you thought of it first). I guess we'll see in 10 hours!

As we near the end of this campaign, I would just like to thank every one who was involved, especially Paula, for the hints and teasing that created the best lead up to an attraction announcement I have ever witnessed. I honestly have no idea what it is going to be, so great job keeping it a secret - there's nothing more disappointing than a leaked announcement! Thanks again for this amazing campaign! I cant wait to find out what this will be. It's going to be the longest day ever.