TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

We'll here is.my last guess. With all the bird clues I can't help but realize this is a wing rider. But she keeps saying it is one of a kind so my guess is a...... Flying wing rider. It makes perfect sense as it really emphasizes the flying coaster experience as there in nothing above or below while laying down .

That would be epic.

I am all for a wingrider. I dont know why so many people want a flyer. They are uncomfortable, a tad slow on the load and unload, kind of boring, and dont give you that "punch".... at least IMO. I would rather see this be a sit down or floorless, but I have no complaints about a wingrider. I would love to see HW build a wingrider that compares to no others yet built, something that really says "this is how you do it". And IMO all the clues and evidence points to a wingrider.

Theres a little chant that keeps going through my head that keeps saying "wingrider, wingrider, wingrider....."

We'll here is.my last guess. With all the bird clues I can't help but realize this is a wing rider. But she keeps saying it is one of a kind so my guess is a...... Flying wing rider. It makes perfect sense as it really emphasizes the flying coaster experience as there in nothing above or below while laying down .

That would be epic.

I would just like to point out that that was my final guess a few (or maybe 15) pages back

Edit: page 585

B&M isn't German. This is going to be a MACK.

But Switzerland speaks a dialect of German as there main language. So it is B&M

That's reaching. It's going to be a MACK. The whole German thing killed the B&M idea.

"German speaking country" is the key

It's all fun...Can't wait to find out. Let's all pray it's not a flyer or wing if it is a B&M. Those two types would be disappointing and a waste of 22 million dollars in my opinion.

I think everyone keeps forgetting the "one of the kind" and "truly unique" statements. If its a flyer or a wing, there is going to be something completely new or unique about it that sets it apart from ALL other flyers and wings. So one cannot say from the get-go that a flyer or wing would be disappointing because there will be some element about it that you have never experienced before.

It says designed in Germany, not that the overall manufacturer is there. Werner Stengel used to do projects for tons of coasters based out of Germany for Intamin, B&M, etc. He still advises and there is the Stengel Engineering company out of Germany.

Edited by cereed09

It says designed in Germany by a designer. Werner Stengel is just the designer and has done tons of different coasters out there from Kingdaka to Mystery Mine at Dollywood and Bizarro

I'm sorry but, wtf? Where are you getting your info or are you just a troll because your post is not only confusing but complete ludicrous. And if you happen to be right and Werner Stengel comes out of retirement to design this then this will be kick ass.

I've got to say, theres quite a few people here that would make GREAT detectives..... and a few others here that would hold the door open for the robbers (and also make me want to bash my head into a wall with there absurd comments)

One thing about todays clue. It says the creature carried the passengers. If it carried the passengers, they wouldn't be sitting on the wings. Still sticking with my prediction of a B&M teal tracked flyer with the worlds first lying down launch.

Edited by ZeroGravity55

The clues do point to 2015 bringing Holiday World a wing rider. I'm okay with this as long as they do what Cedar Point did and magically make the restraints not break your collar bones. That'd be awesome.

A launching B&M WingRider with some sort of water element is my call. And I think it will be called The Storm.

But what do I know?

I have been following the forum for most of the past 66 days, and have to say that this has been a very thought out promotion that HW has put together here. KUDOS!! I have been thinking a lot about what this might be, and have been torn between several thoughts, but here is what I think it might be:

It will start out as an Inverted coaster with some water elements, then all of a sudden, when you think that it is finished, the cars then go to into a flying position and then launch over The Voyage to complete the ride. It would definitely be the first of its kind, combining 2 separate experiences on 1 coaster.

I am late chiming in to this one, but this is my prediction-this will either be:

1. B&M Wing Coaster approximately the scope of Wild Eagle-complete with the 50" height requirement-and 3 or 4 inversions (loop, zero g roll and corkscrew) as well as some not-before-seen water feature;

2. B&M sit down coaster with 3-4 inversions and the first of its kind being either the new restraint system on the trains to allow for a lower minimum height and/or a water splash element;

3. A new B&M type altogether (maybe an LIM launch), although I think this is probably unlikely.

Whatever the case-I think this is a solid, intelligent and bold move for this park. I look forward to the full reveal and wish the park the best as I have heard nothing but good things about Holiday World in general. As it became clear that they were adding a B&M coaster from the clues (the pieced together blueprint from the scraps of paper, the footers, the cost and the other clues) I was surprised that they were getting one, but thought it made perfect sense.

Even if this does turn out to be option #1, I would be happy about that if it were my home park. I know I am in the minority as a fan of the Wing Coasters (well, as much as I can be only having ridden Wild Eagle thus far), but if I owned a park and could only get one B&M coaster to start out with, that is likely what I would buy as they are visually impressive, can manage a lower minimum height, and are fun and thrilling while still accessible for most people.