TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Hmmm according to the new holiblog post the VP Chris clue with the cake pops and all has something to do with the misspelling of the word Bastille.... So I guess I'll spend all night purposely misspelling Bastille to try to figure it out lol.

Ba-STEEL.

Hmmm according to the new holiblog post the VP Chris clue with the cake pops and all has something to do with the misspelling of the word Bastille.... So I guess I'll spend all night purposely misspelling Bastille to try to figure it out lol.

Ba-STEEL.

hahaha DUH! Thank you for sharing! Lol

I feel like I am the only one who would be very happy if Holiday World got a wing coaster

Nope I too would be EXTREMELY happy with a wing coaster as well. I love those rides! But in all honestly I'll love any coaster they will put in. I'm not too terribly picky about coasters at all. I pretty much love them all. BTW I also thing there will be a loop or few involved...with some water elements...

I can not wait to not hear/see the term "Verbolten like" again....

What's wrong with verbolten? I think its a great, fun family coaster. I mean, there is no show building built for any see saw or drop track but still...

I feel like I am the only one who would be very happy if Holiday World got a wing coaster

^I'm with you too! People just keep on bashing Wing Coasters and I'm sure that whatever Holiday World is bringing ashore will be a real hit! Wing Coasters provide unique experiences. It seems that people complain that B&M isn't intense anymore...a roller coaster doesn't need to be intense with the most powerful G's to be an outstanding coaster. It seems that the overall look on roller coasters nowadays is..."it just seems to barely go through every element...too slow...not intense..." I judge roller coasters once I ride them and sometimes the ones that aren't as intense are the better ones for me.

I honestly will be surprised with whatever Holiday World is creating but I believe it will be a Wing Coaster of some type due to the latest clues and pictures of the clouds.

So most of those clues are fairly straightforward. I think it's safe to say at this point that it's a $22M B&M steel coaster with inversions. All the 'Birds of Prey' references seem to indicate a wing coaster (though a flyer could also be possible).

“One mammoth of an announcement.” The longest magnetically-launched coaster? I know Cheetah Hunt is pushing 4500ft. Is any magnetically-launched coaster longer than that?

“I always wanted a younger brother.” No idea. To me this would imply that it's not the biggest/baddest/awesomest new thing. Unless it's talking about a younger brother to Hulk?

“Bellyaching and moaning won’t get you any closer to announcement time” Thoughts? Maybe the restraints will put you face-down? That could speak to a flyer or a 4D wing coaster IMHO.

Nope I too would be EXTREMELY happy with a wing coaster as well. I love those rides! But in all honestly I'll love any coaster they will put in. I'm not too terribly picky about coasters at all. I pretty much love them all. BTW I also thing there will be a loop or few involved...with some water elements...

I feel the same way. I would be happy with ALMOST anything they put there. IMO wing coasters look cool and a lot of the gp there probably hasn't ridden one. who knows though. Holiday World outdoing Cedar Point so soon after their Gatekeeper would definitely be great

I can not wait to not hear/see the term "Verbolten like" again....

What's wrong with verbolten? I think its a great, fun family coaster. I mean, there is no show building built for any see saw or drop track but still...

Oh, no. Don't get me wrong. I'm sure the actual ride is very good. I'm just tired of the term. If by Verbolten like they are trying to say, it'll have a show building...(in my opinion) just say that. If they mean similar ride design and experience, fine...but both seem lacking to me. Just my opinion.

Apologies for the double post.

“One mammoth of an announcement.” The longest magnetically-launched coaster? I know Cheetah Hunt is pushing 4500ft. Is any magnetically-launched coaster longer than that?

Longest LSM Launch is Helix by Mack Rides at 4,530.8ft.

Longest LIM Launch is California Screamin' by Intamin at 6,072ft.

We'll here is.my last guess. With all the bird clues I can't help but realize this is a wing rider. But she keeps saying it is one of a kind so my guess is a...... Flying wing rider. It makes perfect sense as it really emphasizes the flying coaster experience as there in nothing above or below while laying down .

Edit: not only would this be flipping amazing the whole train system which would the flip the riders would work with a simple motor to flip it and deadbolt locks to lock it in place.

Edited by Locostitch