TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Has anyone thought that the day 65 clue could be pointing toward the name "Thunderbird"? I mean, it talks about a creature with wings that snap against the wind creating a thundering sound. That sounds a lot like the Wikipedia description of the thunderbird, how it can create storms with its enormous wings, and it even says in Wikipedia that it has great power and strength, relating to how the clue says "we are swept up in its great power"

My bet for the name is Thunderbird

Has anyone thought that the day 65 clue could be pointing toward the name "Thunderbird"? I mean, it talks about a creature with wings that snap against the wind creating a thundering sound. That sounds a lot like the Wikipedia description of the thunderbird, how it can create storms with its enormous wings, and it even says in Wikipedia that it has great power and strength, relating to how the clue says "we are swept up in its great power"

I see your joining me and OneOfTheWills theory that the name will be Thunderbird... I agree yesterday's clue solidifies my stance on the name.

I would love to know if anything in this 150'ish pages has actually been right. Obviously we'll know in 36 hours, but I'm still curious. More along the lines of, within the offices of HW, were folks laughing at our inane foolishness, or nail-biting at our ability to be super smart? Or getting some great ideas for 2017...

If it ends up being a flying coaster or a wing coaster like some have suggested, then Thunderbird would be a great name for this coaster.

I don't think it will be a wing coaster. The "launch/break run" footers would be way to close to the building, wouldn't it?

I've been thinking the same thing, but yesterday's clue really says wingrider, so Ive been looking at the construction cam and think it is still possible WITHOUT having to go over the building. The left footers on the straightaway could be vertical and the right footers could be the diagonal footers connecting to the left. If the track is above the left footers, looks that theres just enough room to do so.

^I also thought about that, but then I remembered that, even though it would look odd, the launch track/brake run could be tall enough to go above the building. However, I suppose the first option makes more sense as the clues really seem to be pointing to a wing coaster.

Just because this creature in the journal has wings, doesn't necessarily mean it will be a wing coaster. I mean since the thing has wings, doesn't that also mean it could fly, as in flying coaster?

Edit: Just elaborate on this. I know the post mentioned wings, but this part keeps sticking with me:

As the creature roars over our Mayflower, we are swept up in its great power.
It says they're swept up in its great power, as in they're going for a ride. It doesn't say on the wings, or they're being carried. Hopefully today's journal entry will explain this a bit better. I'll say this again, what can they do with a wing coaster that hasn't already been done? What would make it a first of it's kind? Edited by ZeroGravity55

This is COMPLETELY off topic but I found it surprising and thought I'd share. We are having some really crummy weather this morning, dark skies, rain, wind, thunder (a lot like they voyage our pilgrims are on, ha!) and I was watching the splash cam as Splashin safari opened..... Not really expecting to see many if at all, people rushing into that park...but guess what? Lol these people are relentless! Considering its a weekday and it's crummy weather there were a surprising amount of people(to me) that rushed in. Looks like most rushed to the wildebeest and the mammoth, but some jumped right into the Bahari wave pool and Bahari river, lol. Maybe it's because I'm spoiled and live so close to the park that I can plan my trips to the weather accordingly, but there is no way I would consider jumping in that water right now! There isn't any lightning so I know it's completely safe....but wow lol. People really do love their water parks,lol.

To those who think the name will be Thunderbird, don't forget, she's been throwing out red herrings in the clues, and don't forget that she posted the clue a long time after someone mentioned the name. It's a distraction it seems like.

You could be completely correct and I wouldn't be surprised one bit at all if Paula wasn't just messing with us and throwing us red herrings, lol, she's sooooo good at it. But since we will all know for sure tomorrow I'm still gonna take me chances and bet on the name being Thunderbird or The Thunderbird..... Just for fun.

This is COMPLETELY off topic but I found it surprising and thought I'd share. We are having some really crummy weather this morning, dark skies, rain, wind, thunder (a lot like they voyage our pilgrims are on, ha!) and I was watching the splash cam as Splashin safari opened..... Not really expecting to see many if at all, people rushing into that park...but guess what? Lol these people are relentless! Considering its a weekday and it's crummy weather there were a surprising amount of people(to me) that rushed in. Looks like most rushed to the wildebeest and the mammoth, but some jumped right into the Bahari wave pool and Bahari river, lol. Maybe it's because I'm spoiled and live so close to the park that I can plan my trips to the weather accordingly, but there is no way I would consider jumping in that water right now! There isn't any lightning so I know it's completely safe....but wow lol. People really do love their water parks,lol.

Water parks are as 'Murikan as McBeetus. Americans will wade through hellfire to get to their wavepools and lazy rivers.

^ Yeah just listen to Walter Bolliger answer the question about hypers with inversions. Didn't even bother to give an answer.

Skip to 3:57

If this were to happen that would be insane. I have been read this forum for some time. Some of the ideas are crazy, but would be awesome.

We will have to see what happens tomorrow.

I don't think we're looking at a hyper, but it's anyone's guess at this point. I have a feeling this ride is going to be a completely new prototype.

What time is the announcement tomorrow?

So no one really said if theyre gonna try to be there for the announcement tomorrow. I'll be getting therw around 330 to hit up the coasters a few times, have a bite, then get a good spot for the announcement. I cant wait!!!

I really hope it's not a B&M although all signs point towards it. If it does happen to be a B&M I hope it's a prototype instead of a Wing Rider or Flyer. B&M needs to starting pushing the envelope more, it seems like everything is cookie cutter these days. Yawn.

I'll take a Kumba themed to birds, turkeys, what have you over a Wing or Flyer any day .

Will be up in Ohio tomorrow evening (processing the KI pass for Banshee Bash on Friday,) but will definitely tune in here to see what is coming!

David

^^^, ^^Very true. Hershey wanted something more extreme for their latest and they sure got it. Even then, Skyrush definitely wasn't a "cookie cutter" mega coaster. "Cookie cutter" doesn't have to be synonymous with moderately aggressive/ wider appealing rides. If this is a one-of-a-kind B&M, maybe they can prove this to be correct....until almost the exact same ride starts popping up at other parks, like their wing riders (with the exception of Floch Von Damonen, I think).

Anyone else thinking they're geek enough to be too excited to sleep through tonight?

Edited by rollin_n_coastin