TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Wow Paula lol .... Just wow. Lol "roars over our mayflower" wonder if this is going to go over the Mayflower ride at some point? Paula is so messing with is its insane! I figured in the beginning that by now we would be getting huge and less vague hints at this point, but nope the hint machine is still going strong with its vagueness and fun.

And yes Paula, thanks from me too after the newest post lol.

This is the most grueling part of it all folks, lol. Two days left, time to bring it on home with stronger clues! Can't wait!

^ And we presented the cleaned-up version. Really, it must have been dreadful ... and really, really stinky!

I had thought about what it would really be like a while ago. The sentence made me laugh, but now I feel sorry for them.

Edited by Midgetman82

Sorry for the double post but I'm curious... As tomorrow is day 66 and technically that would be our last clue... Will there be any clues at all on day 67(Thursday) before the event I wonder?

Ohhh and TO THIS DAY no one apparently has gotten the clue that the new VP Chris "gave" us in that holiblog post. I just re read it and looked at the pics of Chris and the cake pops again.... And I'm still left scratching my head. That one really bugs me.

Sorry for the double post but I'm curious... As tomorrow is day 66 and technically that would be our last clue... Will there be any clues at all on day 67(Thursday) before the event I wonder?

I remember hearing someone about Paula saying there will be a 67th clue. I could be mistaken.

I'm currently going through all the days from the beginning. I'm currently on day 11 and everything seems fine. Maybe the site is getting hit hard right now with traffic? Also did the day once clue ALWAYS include a photo of a flag? I didn't remember it from before but it's been awhile since I've looked at day one so maybe I forgot about it.

I'm currently going through all the days from the beginning. I'm currently on day 11 and everything seems fine. Maybe the site is getting hit hard right now with traffic? Also did the day once clue ALWAYS include a photo of a flag? I didn't remember it from before but it's been awhile since I've looked at day one so maybe I forgot about it.

Yes, the flag has always been there.

Holiday World ‏@HolidayWorld 1h

Y'all are gonna crash our server Thursday night, aren't you? #BringIt #HW2015

Lol yea... The @Jstuts dude who responded and asked a question is me. I almost feel semi famous I was in a mention by HW and retweeted by someone else lol. I'm a dork, I know.

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2014-07-22 at 7.18.04 PM.png[/attachment]

Day 65

I'm pretty sure Paula is messing with us ;p

Lol, no way! They really are building Seagull: the Ride!

I'm preparing myself now for the possibility that this will be a wing coaster. Not that I wouldn't like it, but it isn't what I've been picturing all along. Wouldn't be too hard to set the gold standard for wing coasters though - I could see a massive 200' tall monster soaring across the Voyage. Just so long as they let it put some forces on the riders.

I wonder if they are going to add any new food places. I swear I love going to holiday world for the food almost as much as everything else. Their food game is on point! Mrs Claus's kitchen..... Yummmmmmy..... Plymouth Rock Cafe turkey and dressing..,OMG....blue ice cream... Safari sams pizza..all the deserts and extra goodies everywhere....and FUDGE!!! I seriously need to make a HW food run soon.

How about The Thunderbird? Kinda goes with the storms and all the flying in the sky.

I was thinking this same name a few days ago, but thought I was crazy. I was thinking wingrider bird type names and looks like you were too. And now with the 65th clue, it almost confirms it IMO. As much as Ive been hoping for a launched wing rider, but at the same time was somewhat doubting it, I am pretty much convinced this is what it is!!!

How about The Thunderbird? Kinda goes with the storms and all the flying in the sky.

I was thinking this same name a few days ago, but thought I was crazy. I was thinking wingrider bird type names and looks like you were too. And now with the 65th clue, it almost confirms it IMO. As much as Ive been hoping for a launched wing rider, but at the same time was somewhat doubting it, I am pretty much convinced this is what it is!!!

Lol I'm SOOOO afraid to post my guess as to what exactly what kind of coaster it will be in fear that I'm totally off the mark lol. But yea thats sorta where I was going with that. Just my uneducated guess based on the clues is all.

Anybody else notice that we're rapidly approaching 150 pages of speculation in this thread??

Yes, I'm sure Paula has noticed! Gonna give her a huge bottle of Advil when I see her next week! (She deserves it for reading all of this!)

^ You might wanna get a few extra bottles. I believe Paula said several of the people who are "in the loop" at the park have been following along with this thread as well.

A few questions' date=' how does Thunderbird relate to Thanksgiving, and how does the park theme it such a way that explains that question to their guests? I know the mentions in the journal to birds and the storms, but how do they theme in such way that it makes sense to their guests that it is in the Thanksgiving section? Essentially, I just asked the same question twice, but I wanted to clarify what I was asking.[/quote']

Thunderbirds are prominent in Native American legends. The birds were said to be the cause of thunder, lightning, and strong, forceful winds. They were feared and awed as powerful beasts worthy of the upmost respect. It would have been one of the first things the pilgrims heard from the Native Americans when they told them of the storms they sailed through. Many of the Native American traditions were adopted by the pilgrims and vice versa. A Voyage to the New World wouldn't be complete unless it crossed the path of this flying creature.

How does HW inform their guests about this? I'm not sure how they will do it but one way would be to describe the legend of the thunderbird on themed signage in the queue. Like I said in my prediction, I think the new HW will take theming up a notch.

Just read the WIKIpedia article on the Thunderbird.

Here's an excerpt:

It is described as a large bird, capable of creating storms and thundering while it flies. Clouds are pulled together by its wingbeats, the sound of thunder made by its wings clapping, sheet lightning the light flashing from its eyes when it blinks, and individual lightning bolts made by the glowing snakes that it carries around with it. In masks, it is depicted as multi-colored, with two curling horns, and, often, teeth within its beak.

If that doesn't sound like a bad a** roller coaster, I don't know what does.

I hope I answered your question. I honestly don't know how they will make the theming work. I just know they'll make it work.

I would have responded to this earlier, but I was at work.

Wow! Great research. I only asked, because sometimes, people just "don't get it". I feel like the theming of a ride should be able to speak for itself, rather than the park having to give a complex answer to why it fits in said section. I'm with you, HW can make it work, but I'm sure there will be some people who still "don't get it". That's alright, at the end of the day, the name is just an after thought if the ride kicks a**.

Just gonna throw this out there, but what would be the first of it's kind for a wing coaster? There is already a launched wing coaster (made by Intamin).