TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

How about The Thunderbird? Kinda goes with the storms and all the flying in the sky.

I completely agree for the reasons you've listed, the reasons I've listed in my final prediction post, and because of other information. Glad someone else said it and not me!

Still wondering where the Station for this ride will be. All of the construction is on the other side of Hyena Falls, to me that area is part of Splashin' Safari now, unless they're moving Hyena Falls.

Last time I was there, they had dug a tunnel/pit right next to Hyena Falls and there were survey markers that went all the way up to edge of the sidewalk going up to Hyena Falls. They're not gonna move Hyena Falls, that would simply just cost too much, especially when your only going to move it probably right next to Kima Bay (If they were to move it). I think they're going to go ahead and bust all the concrete by PP, splashdown area, sidewalks and ext. I think they're going to redo that whole section. The Pathway for Hyena Falls goes over the one for what used to be PP. I think what is going end up happening is that the pathway for new ride is going to go underneath (like a tunnel) the one for Hyena Falls and will go up to the station. This way, they can separate the entrance for Splashin' Safari and try and figure out a clear boundary line for both parks. I'm guessing that Hyena Falls is probably going to be the end of line for as far out as the waterpark will go and the dry park will eventually occupy that whole side by the highway. Now that doesn't mean that they are done with the waterpark, as they can still continue to expand back behind Kima Bay, Bakuli, Mammoth, and Wildebeest until they reach the campground property line.

How about The Thunderbird? Kinda goes with the storms and all the flying in the sky.

I completely agree for the reasons you've listed, the reasons I've listed in my final prediction post, and because of other information. Glad someone else said it and not me!

A few questions, how does Thunderbird relate to Thanksgiving, and how does the park theme it such a way that explains that question to their guests? I know the mentions in the journal to birds and the storms, but how do they theme in such way that it makes sense to their guests that it is in the Thanksgiving section? Essentially, I just asked the same question twice, but I wanted to clarify what I was asking.

I've enjoyed the multitude of speculation. Amazing!

Specifically - Zero Gravity, thank you for asking the very questions that perhaps you should be answering yourself. From the looks of your postings you're predicting the new attraction for Holiday World to be a B&M ride. And you've repeatedly stated you believe it will be a flying coaster (not the first of it's kind, mind you) with a backwards launch (you're spinning that as a "first of it's kind" thing...meh). It's a nice guess. Birds fly, etc etc... Sorry if I'm missing something in your questioning, but it just seems ironic. I'm looking forward to Thursday with incredible anticipation now!

Just one important technical bit to deepen speculation - the footers running that span some are referencing as the "launch" line are not actually wide enough to accommodate traditional flyer/invert supports that would enable clearance of a 4 across flyer/invert train.

I'll crawl back into the water, now.

Specifically - Zero Gravity, thank you for asking the very questions that perhaps you should be answering yourself. From the looks of your postings you're predicting the new attraction for Holiday World to be a B&M ride. And you've repeatedly stated you believe it will be a flying coaster (not the first of it's kind, mind you) with a backwards launch (you're spinning that as a "first of it's kind" thing...meh). It's a nice guess. Birds fly, etc etc... Sorry if I'm missing something in your questioning, but it just seems ironic. I'm looking forward to Thursday with incredible anticipation now!

That is almost exactly what I'm predicting. Not saying I'm right, I'm just making the best possible guess with the facts, clues, and evidence I could find.

Just one important technical bit to deepen speculation - the footers running that span some are referencing as the "launch" line are not actually wide enough to accommodate traditional flyer/invert supports that would enable clearance of a 4 across flyer/invert train.

This is where the lying down/backwards launch comes into play. It will essentially become a non-inverted track launch at that point.

We're placing final guesses, right? I have a couple. The ride will be called The Storm, I'm fairly certain of it. I believe it's going to be the first hyper coaster with inversions. I don't think there's ever been any coaster advertised as such, giving them the world's first claim. (I know there's Eejanaika and Griffon and possibly a couple others, but neither of those were advertised specifically as a hyper.) The trains will have the new Banshee style of restraints.

Nothing in the clues specifically points to this, but nothing in the clues specifically points to anything, and there's been a ton of references to "huge" "big" "vast" "sky" etc. Also no one else has guessed this so I want to have bragging rights in case I'm right.

I don't think it will be a launched flyer. If a launched flyer is ever made I'm pretty sure you'll be launched facing the ground. It would be way more exciting to see the land rushing past beneath you then to just be looking up at the sky, I mean that really doesn't make any sense, especially considering B&M flyers start out facing the ground. Why would they flip you around to launch you?

^ Because it is different, it is unique and it has never been done before. It would basically be a gimmick that the GP would absolutely eat up. Not that a normal launched flyer wouldn't do the same thing with the GP, but the more daring it sounds, the more people you're going to draw in.

^I don't understand how facing the sky makes it more unique/daring than facing the ground.

I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong, I'm just saying you're arguing a little more vehemently and defensively for your guess than anybody else is, like you're trying to get everyone to agree with you, and I don't think it's particularly more or less likely than many of the other guesses have been.

^ Maybe I like to argue Seriously though, most of my arguments come from the fact some people don't think HW will build a flyer, but the evidence is there support it. I never said I was right and your guess is just as good as mine, but just know the evidence is there. HW used the the main color of teal in their 66 days at sea campaign photos. There is is teal track sitting at the B&M plant for a invert/flyer. Coincidence? There are references to birds and flying in the journal, as in a flying coaster. Coincidence? There over 10 references to starring at clouds in the journal, as you would be in a lying down launch. Coincidence? Would that be a worlds first? Yes. Would that be unique? Yes. I could be wrong and I'm certainly not trying to make people agree with me. If they do, great! If they don't, that is great as well! All it does is add to the speculation.

You ask how is it more daring? Best way I can think of is that only place that could offer you launch like the one I'm predicting would be NASA. Granted, you'll be launched in a different direction at NASA and it wouldn't be in the open air.

^ Maybe I like to argue Seriously though, most of my arguments come from the fact some people don't think HW will build a flyer, but the evidence is there support it. I never said I was right and your guess is just as good as mine, but just know the evidence is there. HW used the the main color of teal in their 66 days at sea campaign photos. There is is teal track sitting at the B&M plant for a invert/flyer. Coincidence? There are references to birds and flying in the journal, as in a flying coaster. Coincidence? There over 10 references to starring at clouds in the journal, as you would be in a lying down launch. Coincidence? Would that be a worlds first? Yes. Would that be unique? Yes. I could be wrong and I'm certainly not trying to make people agree with me. If they do, great! If they don't, that is great as well! All it does is add to the speculation.

It kind of reminds me of the "Paul is dead" phenomenon of the sixties. I'm pretty sure the teal thing is a coincidence. There are references to birds in the clues, but there are also lots of references to wood, water, weather, etc. All the references to the sky and watching the clouds would also fit for a coaster that's very tall, I.E. a hyper. Many people have speculated that a flyer would be an odd choice for your first steel coaster and honestly I tend to agree, I think it would be easier to sell something with impressive height/speed stats, I.E. a hyper. Also, gigantic footers.

You ask how is it more daring? Best way I can think of is that only place that could offer you launch like the one I'm predicting would be NASA. Granted, you'll be launched in a different direction at NASA and it wouldn't be in the open air.

The launch would be exactly the same as on any S&S tower except lying down, and that goes for whether you're facing the ground or the sky.

Edited by neil009

^Yes we will! I've been giving this more thought and I'm definitely sticking with my "hyper with a twist" idea. I just don't see a park dropping that much cash for their first steel coaster and not getting a hyper. Nothing sells better with the GP than 200+ feet, 70+ mph.

^Yes we will! I've been giving this more thought and I'm definitely sticking with my "hyper with a twist" idea. I just don't see a park dropping that much cash for their first steel coaster and not getting a hyper. Nothing sells better with the GP than 200+ feet, 70+ mph.

That would match up with that weird twisted teal color piece at the factory.

^^Nothing at all points to a hyper, everythings pointing towards a launch coaster.

Nothing is pointing to a launch coaster besides a row of footers that could also be a break run. People were saying "launch coaster" before we even knew it was a coaster at all, and have been looking for any evidence to support that claim ever since, despite the fact that we know the manufacturer, which has never built a launch coaster before.

^ The footers are square and have a almond cutout. B&M is the only coaster manufacturer that uses that footer design.

Translated- The words are a bit mixed up.

"The Swiss finally take the LSM launch coaster in their portfolio. In recent years seemed B & M this trend has missed."

http://www.coastersandmore.de/rides/achterbahnneuheiten2014/achterbahnneuheiten2014.shtml

We have solid evidence that this could be a B&M launched coaster. Granted, it doesn't say where, but it does say that they're going to be designing one at some point. Could be now, could be later.

As you ride The Voyage, when you enter the spaghetti bowl, if you look to the right amongst the trees as soon as you enter, you can get a glimpse of thae Red, Yellow, and Green pieces hidden in the tall grasses and trees. They've been there for a while and there's more pieces in plunge station from what I can tell in the distance. I thought maybe these were slide pieces but there's no red coloring on any of the slides at Hyena Falls

^ The footers are square and have a almond cutout. B&M is the only coaster manufacturer that uses that footer design.

"The Swiss finally take the LSM launch coaster in their portfolio. In recent years seemed B & M this trend has missed."

http://www.coastersandmore.de/rides/achterbahnneuheiten2014/achterbahnneuheiten2014.shtml

We have solid evidence that this could be a B&M launched coaster. Granted, it doesn't say where, but it does say that they're going to be designing one at some point. Could be now, could be later.

re-reading this, I now notice what appears to be a very important colon in the following sentence -- The next B & M Wing Coaster Development after is already in the starting blocks: The Swiss finally take the LSM launch coaster in their portfolio.

I am going to officially revise my prediction.

This will be a launched Wing Coaster.

Perfect for low-to-the ground terrain (not that B&M ever really uses terrain as effectively as they could).

With inversions, of course.

4,500 feet of track.

Budget can stay at $22M because most of the coaster will be lower to the ground than Gatekeeper.

I hope I am wrong (because i am not a huge fan of wing coasters). I am putting lots of faith in those almond cut-outs on the footers and the designation of support columns on the shredded blueprint to indicate B&M. I am putting too much faith in the colon above being grammatically correct and modifying next "B&M Wing Coaster Development" being a launch, rather than simply "Next B&M Coaster Development."

It would also match up with the clues of "first of its kind" and the unidentified teal track at the factory that seems to indicate an inverted or wing versus conventional coaster.

Holiday World has sent us a press release regarding this year's talent for their annual "Rock the World" Christian Music Fest.

image.jpg.c71d00491a05dca2bbefb6a8b58bc2a5.jpg

An eclectic collection of regional performers will join Grammy-winning performers TobyMac and Mandisa at Holiday World’s upcoming “Rock the World” Christian Music Fest.

“The Lasting Hope” from Crothersville, Indiana, was selected from dozens of regional bands to open Rock the World’s main stage performances.

Other regional bands selected to perform in Holiday World during the day of the event are:

• Second Perception, from New Albany, Indiana
  • Jimmy Dooley, from Cincinnati, Ohio
  • Narrow Path, from Jasper, Indiana
  • One Day, from Evansville, Indiana
  • Katie Danielle, from Lawrenceburg, Tennessee
  • Building Nations, from Bedford, Indiana
  • CrossTie, from Nashville, Tennessee

As evening approaches, Rock the World’s main stage performances will begin, headlined by Grammy-winning performers TobyMac and Mandisa, plus Grammy-nominated Sanctus Real and 1 Girl Nation.

Rock the World Christian Music Fest will be held on Saturday, August 23. Information about discount tickets for the event is available at HolidayWorldRocks.com or call 1-877-463-2645.

Solid evidence that this could be..... so that's not 100% sure then.