TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Ok...We have almost reached the finish line on all this speculation and now with that last Holiblog post stating this would be a one-of-a-kind ride I am going to finally make my prediction.....Launched 4th Dimension Coaster by B&M but I would'nt rule out this being the first true blue steel coaster by RMC.

I am going to finally make my prediction.....Launched 4th Dimension Coaster by B&M

That wouldn't bad. But, as I said, I don't really know how to keep my expectations. High, for sure, but don't know exactly how high.

wow, now I am really excited about what they are building. First of its kind.

B&M launcher would be first of its kind.

I am intrigued.

The terrain-hugging, long winding, bunny hop filled, mini-mega that I was hoping for now seems less likely....

Could it be some reconfiguration, reimagining of a dive machine?

Wow even MORE concrete being poured into the other side of that pit now. I also seen them spraying some water I think, to loosen up the soil I'm guessing? That pit is getting a TON of attention today, I've seen at least three different concrete trucks used in that pit in the past 3 hours alone. I also now spot what looks like a ladder going down into said pit? Do they really go that deep down for a footer? Also why would there be a need for several guys at a time being down in it doing various activities? I'm not convinced this pit is just a footer or two. Paula even mentioned earlier that she had them put that mound of dirt there so that we couldn't see everything going on over there.....

I could see them dedicating this ride to Will... With a plaque and everything either on a train, in the station, or on the track somewhere.

Be sure to watch the animation carefully. When it's released on Thursday, that is ...

Reading the "A promise made so long ago..." on the 66DaysAtSea cards made me tear up. Reading the Holiblog "A Promise Kept" also made me tear up. I can only guess what watching the animation carefully will do. Will was the greatest of men and I am still thankful for having worked for him and having met him on more than one occasion.

wow, now I am really excited about what they are building. First of its kind.

B&M launcher would be first of its kind.

I am intrigued.

The terrain-hugging, long winding, bunny hop filled, mini-mega that I was hoping for now seems less likely....

Could it be some reconfiguration, reimagining of a dive machine?

A Launched Flyer would also be a first of its kind for the whole industry....

Wow even MORE concrete being poured into the other side of that pit now. I also seen them spraying some water I think, to loosen up the soil I'm guessing? That pit is getting a TON of attention today, I've seen at least three different concrete trucks used in that pit in the past 3 hours alone. I also now spot what looks like a ladder going down into said pit? Do they really go that deep down for a footer? Also why would there be a need for several guys at a time being down in it doing various activities? I'm not convinced this pit is just a footer or two. Paula even mentioned earlier that she had them put that mound of dirt there so that we couldn't see everything going on over there.....

Footers are that deep, sometimes deeper. The footers closest to the camera, before being buried, had pits dip enough that a worker could stand inside one.

They were probably spraying concrete to keep it moist before the next truck load came in and all of those guys are making sure the pour is smooth and level. On the shredded map from the beginning of the campaign, 20'x20' footers were shown.

I could see them dedicating this ride to Will... With a plaque and everything either on a train, in the station, or on the track somewhere.

Be sure to watch the animation carefully. When it's released on Thursday, that is ...

Lol Paula will do! I'm sure I'll watch it about a billion times afterwards as well lol.

Reading the "A promise made so long ago..." on the 66DaysAtSea cards made me tear up. Reading the Holiblog "A Promise Kept" also made me tear up. I can only guess what watching the animation carefully will do. Will was the greatest of men and I am still thankful for having worked for him and having met him on more than

It made me teary eyed too...

I also seen them spraying some water I think, to loosen up the soil I'm guessing?

The water is being sprayed on the rebar for two reasons. One is to soak the rebar to prevent is from absorbing water from the concrete mix (which would weaken the set strength of the concrete). The other is to cool down the rebar. Concrete begins to crystalize at 90 degrees and rebar sitting in the sun all day tends to get over 100 degrees surface temperature. If the rebar is too hot when the concrete is being poured, the concrete begins to set before it is fully consolidated in the form.

That pit is getting a TON of attention today, I've seen at least three different concrete trucks used in that pit in the past 3 hours alone.

Once the pouring begins, the concrete has to be placed at a continuous rate to prevent whats called a cold joint occurring. This is essentially when one "lift" or "layer" of concrete begins to partially set and a fresh load of concrete is placed on top. A weak shear plane is created in the footing when this happens.

I also now spot what looks like a ladder going down into said pit? Do they really go that deep down for a footer? Also why would there be a need for several guys at a time being down in it doing various activities?

According to OSHA, a ladder must be used in a trench any time the depth is over 5 feet, so the footing is most likely only 6-8 feet deep. A concrete pour such as this requires 3 or 4 workers per footer. One to vibrate or spar the concrete to properly consolidate it in the form. Another one or two to finish and clean up the concrete. The other is typically a foreman.

Sorry for the miniature lessons but you asked questions that are right up my alley

I'm new to posting, but I have been keeping up with this forum and the clues. I love solving puzzles.

Thinking way outside the box, could the One Big Thing be two roller coasters with the same station? This didn't occur to me until reading A Promise Kept and combining it with the Day 13 clue. From the Day 13 clue, could there be a mastiff-sized roller coaster for the older children and a spaniel-sized roller coaster for the younger children? The two roller coasters could interact as One Big Thing at least at the beginning and at the end, but maybe during the ride as well. This also falls in line with the older children on the deck and the young children below. Following this same train of thought, two other ideas that would be really cool (but I do not think are possible) would be two roller coasters, one directly above the other, or even crazier, sharing the same track with a train above and a train suspended below.

Has anyone seen them pour any footers over by that wood structure? I ask due to the large openings in that structure still, Im thinking a fly through, which would be cool. However, due to that line of footers, it's really looking like it'll be for a launch now. If so, that rules out the fly through possibility..

And if it does turn out to have a launch, an LSM at that, and its from B&M, itd be about time.. haha

I am still trying to figure out what kind of insane element a coaster could do, to require those GIANT footers?

Edit: reading the day 19 post, I put the launch and the deck together, going up to the deck, and staring at the clouds.. made me think of or realize the possibility of a launch coaster with a really tall spike, something like TTD or KK, obviously not that tall..

Edit: reading the day 19 post, I put the launch and the deck together, going up to the deck, and staring at the clouds.. made me think of or realize the possibility of a launch coaster with a really tall spike, something like TTD or KK, obviously not that tall..

After reading this, now I'm thinking going up to the deck and staring at the clouds really does connect to the launch but the staring at the clouds bit is in reference to laying on your back on the flyer, being launched in that position and then inverting after the launch.

Thinking way outside the box, could the One Big Thing be two roller coasters with the same station? This didn't occur to me until reading A Promise Kept and combining it with the Day 13 clue. From the Day 13 clue, could there be a mastiff-sized roller coaster for the older children and a spaniel-sized roller coaster for the younger children? The two roller coasters could interact as One Big Thing at least at the beginning and at the end, but maybe during the ride as well. This also falls in line with the older children on the deck and the young children below. Following this same train of thought, two other ideas that would be really cool (but I do not think are possible) would be two roller coasters, one directly above the other, or even crazier, sharing the same track with a train above and a train suspended below.

Or along those lines, something that just completely breaks the mindset of how a typical coaster works. Not the usual leave the station on one end and come back the other end. Every time you ride it your experience would be different. I don't know how it would work but it would be crazy. Or I'm crazy.

Large footers dont necessarily mean extremely tall. Many B&Ms have large footers for numerous supports meeting in the same location. Example: Batman the Rides have big footers and those arent massive coasters.

Im also starting to think of another possibility with this coaster. It may have a lift AND a launch...... kind of like Maverick, even though Mavericks lift is sort of a launch, but you catch my drift

Maybe it will have an tilt track style element but it'll rock back and forth like a ship in a storm then drop you into the rest of the layout.

And that could happen inside a verbolten style building with effects.

No problem on the lesson, I actually really appreciate it as I'm in the tech industry and far removed from construction or engineering lol, so thanks! If you seen the screen shots I posted a bit ago, I also had a safari tab opened to how stuff works: concrete mixers lol so I've been reading a lot and learning a ton with this campaign! It's actually part of the fun of it for me as I love learning new things that I didn't know before.

I too thought about two coasters, and I also considered the clouds referring to a launch. One thing that still bugs me is the day 2 clue with the video of the "ocean" (really a pool I'm Splashin safari I'm sure), and all the references to water. I think water is going to play a unique part I'm this ride beyond simple water elements we are used to. Remember we DO have confirmation this is one of a kind!

Maybe it will have an tilt track style element but it'll rock back and forth like a ship in a storm then drop you into the rest of the layout.

I don't see HW going for large moving ride track sections a la Pilgrim's Plunge/Giraffica any time soon. I could be wrong but fool me once...

I too thought about two coasters, and I also considered the clouds referring to a launch. One thing that still bugs me is the day 2 clue with the video of the "ocean" (really a pool I'm Splashin safari I'm sure), and all the references to water. I think water is going to play a unique part I'm this ride beyond simple water elements we are used to. Remember we DO have confirmation this is one of a kind!

I agree that water (the sea, rain, something) will play into the theming to say the least.

We still don't know how the 67th clue might play out. Day 66 is on a Wednesday (23rd) and the 24th is on a Thursday. Since their voyage will be over on the 67th day, if we do get a clue the day of the 24th it might pertain to SOMETHING in the New World which might not be linked to the voyage at all meaning that most of the descriptions were just filler and distraction to get us to the 24th.... Anyone smell smoke? I think I fried something.

I don't see HW going for large moving ride track sections a la Pilgrim's Plunge/Giraffica any time soon. I could be wrong but fool me once...

I agree that water (the sea, rain, something) will play into the theming to say the least.

We still don't know how the 67th clue might play out. Day 66 is on a Wednesday (23rd) and the 24th is on a Thursday. Since their voyage will be over on the 67th day, if we do get a clue the day of the 24th it might pertain to SOMETHING in the New World which might not be linked to the voyage at all meaning that most of the descriptions were just filler and distraction to get us to the 24th.... Anyone smell smoke? I think I fried something.

What do you mean about the clues being filler?

^ Not quite, Paula has said on here that they plan on posting a blog explaining what each clue for the 66 days journal meant after the announcement.

After reading this, now I'm thinking going up to the deck and staring at the clouds really does connect to the launch but the staring at the clouds bit is in reference to laying on your back on the flyer, being launched in that position and then inverting after the launch.

Not to say I called this first, but I did suggest it a few pages back...

^ Maybe, but Dynamic Attractions doesn't have a proven design if I'm reading correctly (they haven't built one yet, so that is why I'm saying that). No matter what this is, B&M has a proven design in the track, and in the trains. It doesn't matter if it is a launch, the technology available now should make it very reliable. It will probably have a few hiccups starting out, but what launched coaster hasn't? Now the launch isn't what will make this thing unique. Even a regular launched flyer isn't that unique. As I said before, what I think will make this ride unique is the fact that the you'll be launched backwards while facing the sky in those flyer trains. That is definitely over the top crazy and fits what HW does to a tee. I'm now 100% convinced this is what it's going to be, which means I also think/and still think the teal track at the B&M plant is for HW.

Edit: I know this is a little late, but I just thought about this. That clue that had something to do with cake pops, didn't cake pops originate somewhere in medieval Europe, maybe near Switzerland? Which would indicate B&M since they're Swiss? I know Bastille Day is a French holiday, but I thought I just throw that out there.

^ Bringing up the cake pops and this being a unique ride, could we possibly see a vertical launch like an S&S Launch Tower with this coaster? That would be extremely unique and might be a possibility. Definately crazy speculation either way.