TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

One week countdown!

I'm so glad this hasn't been spoiled - there's nothing like the excitement of a well planned announcement day. I hope we're all really surprised next week.

I'm about to tune out of the speculation at this point though, it's getting a little repetitive now. Somehow I think some are taking the track thing too far. There's no telling if the track for this ride has already been made, is yet to be made, or what. I'd focus more on what you think HW would look for in a coaster. Personally I'm thinking tallness, giant inversions, and maybe, maybe a launch.

Anyone notice that there isn't a new entry on 66daysatsea for today? Usually it's up way before now..

A few weeks ago, I started timing each post to publish about 20 minutes later than the day before. So try not to fret ... it's all part of my evil plan.

Are you guys going to film the announcement and put it on youtube in cause if were there and our camera dies (happened during Banshee's) we can see it later?

Anyone notice that there isn't a new entry on 66daysatsea for today? Usually it's up way before now..

A few weeks ago, I started timing each post to publish about 20 minutes later than the day before. So try not to fret ... it's all part of my evil plan.

So is that a clue in itself?

^ 21(days- a few weeks ago) x 20(min) + 7(days remaining) x 20(min) = 560(min)/60(min)/1(hr) = 9 hr 20 min. So add that onto the time they normally posted and you roughly have your final clue time

That roughly is about right. I know the clues never were posted before 8am I don't think. I think it was always later in the morning.

I hate to double post, but anybody who has doubted the size and price of this project should go to the construction webcam and look how massive the footers they poured yesterday are and look at how big the ones they're digging today. You can only sort of see one of the footers they poured yesterday, as there is a pile of dirt sitting in front of it right now. These footers are coming straight out of the first opening by The Voyage.

I dont remember if this has been talked about yet, so if it has, sorry. But my friend said something that doesnt seem far fetched. Now i know someone said the track may not be made yet, but that doesnt seem right, by now theyd have had to started, especially with all the projects B&M has going on, but what if HW has B&M storing the track or hiding it knowing that people go snooping at the plant.

I dont remember if this has been talked about yet, so if it has, sorry. But my friend said something that doesnt seem far fetched. Now i know someone said the track may not be made yet, but that doesnt seem right, by now theyd have had to started, especially with all the projects B&M has going on, but what if HW has B&M storing the track or hiding it knowing that people go snooping at the plant.

It's a possibility, but HW is smart with their money and that would mean paying the cost to move the track twice, if it's hidden off site.

Are there any hidden areas at the factory? Or maybe its at Holiday World already. The other day someone did say there was a lot of activity hidden out of view.

Im thinking if it is in hiding, its somewhere close to the plant. If it was being shipped to the park, people would report seeing track pieces or containers going to the park.