TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

^ The curve is pretty obvious, and it is also in the yellow track. That track is going to China for the B&M flyer that the Wanda Group is building.

Gotchya. Ok, I can see the curve a little. But that leaves me with a conundrum. That leaves the red track with Carowinds, and why would they make their giga the same color as their mega? IDK, Im still thinking somethings not adding up. As convinced as I was that HW was getting a B&M launch of a non invert non flyer, Im starting wonder. Obviously the footers at HW are for a B&M, but their placement looks not to be for a flyer or invert. But obviously Carowinds isnt getting the teal, leaving them with the red and they already have a large red coaster. Im thinking the red is for HW, teal is for an unknown project, and Carowinds hasnt been seen yet..... at least this is what Im hoping.

^ The curve is pretty obvious, and it is also in the yellow track. That track is going to China for the B&M flyer that the Wanda Group is building.

Gotchya. Ok, I can see the curve a little. But that leaves me with a conundrum. That leaves the red track with Carowinds, and why would they make their giga the same color as their mega? IDK, Im still thinking somethings not adding up. As convinced as I was that HW was getting a B&M launch of a non invert non flyer, Im starting wonder. Obviously the footers at HW are for a B&M, but their placement looks not to be for a flyer or invert. But obviously Carowinds isnt getting the teal, leaving them with the red and they already have a large red coaster. Im thinking the red is for HW, teal is for an unknown project, and Carowinds hasnt been seen yet..... at least this is what Im hoping.

The red and white track is going to Europe for two dive coaster being built for next year (white for sure and red more than likely). They haven't started production on the giga track yet or are just now starting it. I'm convinced the teal is for HW (I could be wrong), unless another color of track has popped up since the last round of pictures were taken.

Edited by ZeroGravity55

Gotchya. Ok, I can see the curve a little. But that leaves me with a conundrum. That leaves the red track with Carowinds, and why would they make their giga the same color as their mega?

That doesn't leave the red track for Carowinds because no one said that the teal was for holiday world? It's most likely a launch, not a flyer or invert. Meaning that the red track could be for Holiday World or Efteling's dive machine. I don't think that any track for the Carowinds giga is outside for shipping yet, giga track stands out as different and noticeable.

I'm convinced the teal is for HW, unless another color of track has popped up since the last round of pictures were taken.

In order for the teal to be for HW, your guess about a flyer launched on its back would have to be correct. I think we can both agree this is pretty far fetched...

Of course, this is all provided that the teal is flyer or invert track - which I tend to agree with.

Aren't both their water coaster prototypes? Besides, when has there EVER been a problem with any "first" from B&M?

Hydromagnetic systems on a water coaster were new with Wildebeest--much more comfortable than jets and conveyors. So 1 out of 3 new technologies that worked properly during the 2009 and 2010 seasons. May be risky or may not be depending on what they're looking to do. B&M doing something new would definitely be way less risk for sure.

When has there ever been a problem with B&M firsts? Continuously ratcheting restraints, which have since been fixed and make wing coasters a lot better to ride. Banshee is exceptionally comfortable. Then there are the continuously rattling new mega coaster trains, which they really haven't been able to address other than making them rattle a bit less. Leviathan ditching the new trains and going back to four across was a fantastic thing.

Intamin and TGG are dead with the Kochs. B&M always testes it for a long time before installing it.

I think that could be accurate with Intamin and TGG, which is too bad being a huge fan of their rides. I'm still blindly holding out hope for Intamin, regardless

We definitely learned a bit about the challenges and successes of Pilgrim's Plunge and Wildebeest during our awesome backstage tours with Paula back in 2010. Whatever comes is going to be something very special, wherever it comes from. There's no shortage of passion and excitement when it comes to planning and creating cool new attractions there.

Then there are the continuously rattling new mega coaster trains, which they really haven't been able to address other than making them rattle a bit less. Leviathan ditching the new trains and going back to four across was a fantastic thing.

Is this a thing with several of these trains? The only coaster I heard people complaining about was Diamondback. The only ride I've been on with these trains was shambhala and it is ridiculously smooth. I also prefer the older trains, but that's for other reasons.

In order for the teal to be for HW, your guess about a flyer launched on its back would have to be correct. I think we can both agree this is pretty far fetched...

Of course, this is all provided that the teal is flyer or invert track - which I tend to agree with.

I think it is far fetched, but I don't think it is impossible either. If it does happen, I guarantee it would be a request from HW to B&M and not a proposal from B&M to HW.

I still don't think its a B&M launch. Maybe A B&M family coaster

If you don't think it is more than a family coaster, then you're oblivious to everything that is going on. You don't hype the announcement of a major attraction for 66 days and bill it has the biggest announcement ever ( park tweeted it yesterday), then announce a family coaster.

I doubt Holiday World would go for another prototype product after Pilgrim's Plunge and Timberliner trains. Maybe three times lucky? There are lots of proven companies that do fantastic launched coasters already, if this is a launched coaster. If it is a B&M, it'll probably be a solid looper.

Aren't both their water coaster prototypes? Besides, when has there EVER been a problem with any "first" from B&M?

Intamin and TGG are dead with the Kochs. B&M always testes it for a long time before installing it.

The park hasn't said anything even remotely implying having a poor relationship with TGG. Didn't they say quite the opposite when the Timberliners didn't work out?

I'm not seeing this as a B&M product. I'm expecting some sort of dark ride/coaster combo which is where the additional expenditure will come from. Possibly something launched and with some terrain elements. I'm excited to see what it turns out to be.

Edited by jmicha

Anyone notice that there isn't a new entry on 66daysatsea for today? Usually it's up way before now..

A few weeks ago, I started timing each post to publish about 20 minutes later than the day before. So try not to fret ... it's all part of my evil plan.