TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

I am going to be in the area on July 24th for Banshee Bash and I'll have a few hours and I've never been here or Kentucky Kingdom. I'm having a hard time debating which park I should go to. I wouldn't be able to go to the waterpark at either.

If I go to Kentucky Kingdom:

I'll arrive at 3:30, but they close at 7:00

Tickets are $35 if I find a Kroger.

I can ride Lighning Run which looks awesome.

Thunder Run too, which looks decent.

Fearfall, which I know would be awesome.

If I go to Holiday World:

I'll arrive at 4:30, and they close at 8:30.

Tickets are $40 if I buy them online.

I can ride Voyage which looks awesome.

Raven and Legend look cool too.

But most importantly, the 2015 announcement is that night.

Unfortunately, its about 2 1/2 hours out of the way.

What do you think would be the better park to go to? How are lines usually at Holiday World? Would 4 hours be enough time to ride the 3 mentioned above?

HW is adding something amazing next year, and four hours is not nearly enough time to do the park, since the waterpark is one of the very few MUST visits in the country. Four hours is closer to the time to give KK plus closer and cheaper and only a terrible SLC is for sure coming next year.

^ Nope. No one's caught the clue yet.

Did you see CoasterRadio is planning a live re-cap of the 66 Days At Sea hints about a half hour after the announcement next Thursday? Be sure to submit any questions you might have to them ...

Meanwhile, we will stream the announcement on our website - and you're all invited! (If you're at the park that day, you're welcome to stay for the announcement - down by Hyena Falls.) We'll get started with the pre-announcement at about 8:15pm CDT.

Thanks for all the compliments. I'll be sure to tell Tony he's a big ol' #2.

Hey, Paula,

I'm making my first trip out to Holiday World next Thursday. Any tips?

I've heard nothing but GREAT things about you guys and can't expect anything but awesome.

I figured out the clue! Bastille is the name of a rock band who's biggest hit so far is "Pompeii". Pompeii was devastated by a volcano, so the new ride will be a clone of Volcano at Kings Dominion. Only this time, each rider will have cake pops thrown at them to add another element of excitement. The volcano will have animatronic turkeys on it to match the themeing of the Thanksgiving area.

In all seriousness, I can't wait until the announcement. Holiday World has been pumping up enthusiasts for months and I have no doubt in my mind that this new coaster will be spectacular.

I was thinking about the B&M model question I posed earlier and it dawned on me that the current visible footer layout *probably* rules out an invert or flyer.

*If* the coaster travels along the straight line of footers highlighted above, there almost certainly isn't enough room for a B&M train to pass through the typical support columns that connect on top.

I was thinking about the B&M model question I posed earlier and it dawned on me that the current visible footer layout *probably* rules out an invert or flyer.

*If* the coaster travels along the straight line of footers highlighted above, there almost certainly isn't enough room for a B&M train to pass through the typical support columns that connect on top.

Not all inverted supports are made so you pass thru...

I'm making my first trip out to Holiday World next Thursday. Any tips?

I've heard nothing but GREAT things about you guys and can't expect anything but awesome.

Thanks! Please be sure to check our FAQ page: http://www.holidayworld.com/help-information/faqs/ and "Why Holiday World?" http://www.holidayworld.com/park-tickets/why-holiday-world/ on our website. Have a fun visit with us!

Not all inverted supports are made so you pass thru...

Could be a section where the track goes next to or over it?

Theres absolutely no doubt in my mind that this is the first B&M launch. What else would have dual supports that close for that length in a perfectly straight line.... i mean i guess it could be the break run, but that doesnt seem likely there.

I'll be ready to laugh if this turns out to not be a B&M. Don't get me wrong, if it is a B&M, I'll still be excited. Whatever Holiday World is building will be fantastic as they won't settle for anything less. Still, it really could be anything. My gut still says a Mack launcher akin to Helix and Manta, though.

Theres absolutely no doubt in my mind that this is the first B&M launch. What else would have dual supports that close for that length in a perfectly straight line.... i mean i guess it could be the break run, but that doesnt seem likely there.

I just remembered that as launch sections have a certain slope (usually), would the footers be the same over its entire length? (maybe they would, and the supports would just be taller and taller)

Hulk is crying.

Soooooo paula...has chris clue been "discovered" now??

Hulk is crying.

I don't know it would be. Its launch isn't a product of B&M...

A friend of mine found this article from February 2013 "How Bolliger & Mabillard established its strong reputation : interview with director Walter Bolliger"

The article is interesting but the reason it was shared with me (and why I'm sharing it here) is because of what Walter Bolliger is quoted as saying when asked about a possible B&M launch.

"If a customer comes to us to design a launch coaster, we will respond to him favorably. The technology is easily adaptable to our products and tracks as the LSM motors can be easily found on the market, and they are very efficient!"

Maybe it's nothing....but, this does help the idea of HW getting the first true B&M launch.

5-10 years ago if someone had came to me and describe a roller coaster with 3 launches I would have called shenanigans! But with the onslaught of coasters like cheetah hunt, verbolten and helix...all which are considered family coasters (right) its very feasible to not throw that notion to the side!

I figured out the clue! Bastille is the name of a rock band who's biggest hit so far is "Pompeii". Pompeii was devastated by a volcano, so the new ride will be a clone of Volcano at Kings Dominion. Only this time, each rider will have cake pops thrown at them to add another element of excitement. The volcano will have animatronic turkeys on it to match the themeing of the Thanksgiving area.

HA!

I too am counting on that B&M launch. Although it would've been cool if they would get a coaster that somehow has your feet dangle. Since we've ruled out inverted, launched floorless? I can dream. And as for the hidden clue, I have no idea what it could be hidden in that message.