TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Man these holiday world people are guru's when it comes to marketing! Man, I think they're literally driving me crazy.

Best marketing crew award goes to Holiday World and Paula Werne is the best "director of communications" or whatever her real title is.

Cedar Point wins 2nd, and Tony Clark gets 2nd best "Director of Communications." I really like him for the fact he tweets stuff for the coaster boys.

The only thing I wished was that Holiday World did tweet ups like Cedar Point does. You actually get great awards (I one time got a SlingShot pass.)

What I got from today's blog was storming and head choppers... As being elements of the coaster.. I am TOTALLY at a loss when she said Chris (new VP) had already given us a clue. I have no idea what clue he could have given as the only thing they quoted him on was the cake pops.

^ Nope. No one's caught the clue yet.

Did you see CoasterRadio is planning a live re-cap of the 66 Days At Sea hints about a half hour after the announcement next Thursday? Be sure to submit any questions you might have to them ...

Meanwhile, we will stream the announcement on our website - and you're all invited! (If you're at the park that day, you're welcome to stay for the announcement - down by Hyena Falls.) We'll get started with the pre-announcement at about 8:15pm CDT.

Thanks for all the compliments. I'll be sure to tell Tony he's a big ol' #2.

Paula - I'm going crazy now reading and re reading her post looking for this "Chris clue" this is going to be driving me crazy all night long lol. Would it help if we knew what Chris was a VP of? When know he is new.. Apparently likes cake pops lol(they ARE yummy!) and it sounds like he is a PERFECT fit for HW. Is it his name? Chris as in Christopher Columbus?

Hmm the pic of the cake pops MUST have something to do with it. It doesn't look like they have the sticks in them and there are three. Two are the white ones with sprinkles one is the buckeye kind.... hmm... I still think it could refer to a head chopper element though... you know the cake pops have been decapitated in the pic.. lol.... Heck I don't even know. Hahahah I feel like I"m gonna "loose my head" over this one, lol. And yes I seen that about coaster buzz. I"m gonna have so much reading and watching and listening to do that night its insane... lol. I won't be able to be at the park. The stroke I had a few months ago has made me unable to visit the park this year, but I'll be good to go next season! I'm riding that "One. Big. Thing" No matter how bad it might make me feel afterwards! lol. I told my therapist that going to Holiday World and riding the coasters was my end goal. lol. She thinks I"m a crazy Holiday World nut lol... which I am. Anyway point being you can bet your bottom dollar I will be watching the stream online!

Can anyone read the badge he is wearing? I feel like the clue may be hidden in the photo.

I knew Christopher Columbus was way before then but it could have somehow been loosely related. I'm dunno grasping at straws really. I too try to enlarge his name tag! LOL I laughed at myself because I thought I would be the only one to try to do that! Glad I wasn't alone! I still kinda think the pics of the cake pops are related somehow too though. Man... These HW people REALLY know what they are doing.

^Also, whats up with the walkie talkie? Why would you have that for the photo...Trust me, I know, Im reading way to much into this.

Does Holiday World have some sort of fitness initiative with their employees? Ive noticed that the photos they have posted they all seem to be wearing the fitbit bracelets.

^Also, whats up with the walkie talkie? Why would you have that for the photo...Trust me, I know, Im reading way to much into this.

Does Holiday World have some sort of fitness initiative with their employees? Ive noticed that the photos they have posted they all seem to be wearing the fitbit bracelets.

Lol at holiday world EVERYONE wears a walkie talkie, so it didn't seem out of place to me but I could be wrong. Nice catch on the fitbit bracelets no clue why they all have those.

Would it help if we knew what Chris was a VP of?

He is the VP of Operations

So going with the assumption that the hint is in the picture, I started playing with the color and exposure to see if anything would catch my eye. This is what kept popping out at me:

14655322805_dfa576f4cf_z.jpg.8885c3158d73a3311cdb38bd9a0c8bf7.jpg

That could easily just be a silver gift wrap with bow reflecting the light weird. But it also looks to me like a picture of something intentionally placed over his shoulder. And as I keep staring at it my brain keeps making it out to be part of a coaster. I could be crazy (its been a long day of work in the sun) but that's all I got haha

I am going to be in the area on July 24th for Banshee Bash and I'll have a few hours and I've never been here or Kentucky Kingdom. I'm having a hard time debating which park I should go to. I wouldn't be able to go to the waterpark at either.

If I go to Kentucky Kingdom:

I'll arrive at 3:30, but they close at 7:00

Tickets are $35 if I find a Kroger.

I can ride Lighning Run which looks awesome.

Thunder Run too, which looks decent.

Fearfall, which I know would be awesome.

If I go to Holiday World:

I'll arrive at 4:30, and they close at 8:30.

Tickets are $40 if I buy them online.

I can ride Voyage which looks awesome.

Raven and Legend look cool too.

But most importantly, the 2015 announcement is that night.

Unfortunately, its about 2 1/2 hours out of the way.

What do you think would be the better park to go to? How are lines usually at Holiday World? Would 4 hours be enough time to ride the 3 mentioned above?

^ at Holiday World, you get $12 off general admission if you arrive after 3 CDT so it would be $33. On a Thursday like that, the crowd should be fairly light and 4 hours plenty of time to ride the 3 coasters BUT with that being the announcement day the crowd MIGHT be heavier

Go to Holiday World. It is far better than Kentucky Kingdom, and even though Lightning Run is awesome, The Voyage is still better. The Legend and Raven are spectacular as well. Plus, being there for the announcement will be an unforgettable experience. Kentucky Kingdom is still getting back on their feet so I'd wait to visit until they have a few more rides.

The clue was at the end, the mile a minute or maybe faster, saying that the coaster is going to be 60+ mph.

Jepp, that`s it....and that hint was quite obvious IMHO.

So more than 60 mph....not on the slow side

Thank you for keeping us entertained Paula !

I'm with ZeroGravity the mile per min. 60 + MPH Thing isn't the clue we are looking for in that as Paula already said that its nit it and no one has gotten it yet. There is something missing and it all has something to do with Chris. For some reason I still think the cake pops are loosely involved. Or either that is something to do with a Bastille... Which is a fortress, not sure how exactly that could be tied into this project but hey really at this point their clues have taken us all over the place so why not? Lol it'd STILL hard for me to ignore all the references to wood throughout the campaign... I agree this has to be a steal coaster... But I'm really curious as to how all the wood references fit in.

Well, the Storming of the Bastille took place in 1789, which could be a potential hint to the length. 1789 meters is 5869.42 feet.

But given that it was Chris who has given the clue, I wonder if it was his reference. Marie Antoinette, the wife of King Louis XVI at the time, had supposedly said, "Let them eat cake," after learning that the peasants had no bread to eat. With cake (not cake as we know it today. It's more of a heavier bread made with lots of eggs and butter) being more expensive than regular bread, it made people think Marie Antoinette never cared for the peasants at all.

She was also known as a heavy spender and was nicknamed "Madame Deficit." Her extreme spending was what many people believed to have led to the financial crisis of France. Perhaps the clue is alluding that this coaster is going to have a high price tag (but obviously an affordable one. Don't want to start that arguing again).

Thank you World History class. Who would've guessed that I might need to know this stuff for the summer?