TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

I too must echo that this has to be the single best PR campaign I've ever seen. Paula you are a magician at what you do! I REALLY hope that no other company lures you away! As for the hints... I hate to say it, but I will.... I told ya guys so! I KNEW this thing was gonna be HUGE and IMPRESSIVE. I can't wait to see what it is... I will say this again, IM STRONGLY thinking that up to this point everyone has been MASSIVLY underestimating HW and what they are willing to do and spend. Their market is QUITE ready for something of major magnitude. I would not be surprised if this ride tops anything they have ever done before with their woodies. As for the hints at a launch and stuff... I thought the same thing, but then Leah said wait I won't say that twice when it came it talking about going upside down and flipping lol. So could be the potential for a red herring, but my guy says it wasn't.

So heres something that would be kind cool. What if you took the blue fire concept and morphed it with Xcelerator, and made b&M the manufacturer? I know its a long shot, but that would give holiday world:

-a launch(2?)

-200 foot tall range

-inversions

I know its pretty far out there, and I'm not expecting it to happen, but it'd be pretty sweet. Imagine taking off into a 200+ foot tall top hat, and then dropping and doing a bunch of inversions and stuff like that.

So heres something that would be kind cool. What if you took the blue fire concept and morphed it with Xcelerator, and made b&M the manufacturer? I know its a long shot, but that would give holiday world:

-a launch(2?)

-200 foot tall range

-inversions

I know its pretty far out there, and I'm not expecting it to happen, but it'd be pretty sweet. Imagine taking off into a 200+ foot tall top hat, and then dropping and doing a bunch of inversions and stuff like that.

Who knows? It may not be as far off as we think.

I was honestly expecting B&M's take on a Maverick style ride. Remember the hints that said "One hundred and two" and "one hundred and two plus one." Well Maverick is 105 ft. Could the 103 ft mark be our height for our very first B&M Launcher?

Just noticed something in an early image of this teaser campaign. In the pic at this address: https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t1.0-9/s600x600/10537105_10152287574909538_8313839052417714385_n.jpg there are a series of numbers along the bottom of the pic. Somewhat hard to make out. Anyone have any thoughts what this numbers may be or mean? Or do you all just think they are just a part of the graphic just for show and mean nothing at all?

do you all just think they are just a part of the graphic just for show and mean nothing at all?

I don't think the numbers really mean anything, but the color of this photo and this

Launched Flyer...........???????

made me realize something.

Notice how the color is teal in this campaign photo?

10537105_10152287574909538_8313839052417714385_n.jpg

Now there is a teal inverted/flyer track sitting at the B&M steel plant in Ohio, where the destination is completely unknown.

You can find better pictures of the track and even more pieces of the teal track here.

ZeroGravity - wow nice job piecing that together. I've seen all those track pieces pics and never made the connection of color... But you are absolutely correct that the two colors match. I keep digging into the clues and pics on the 66daysatsea site and I just can't seem to shake the feeling there there are gonna be water elements... And not just one or two, but lots. I was watching some of the submitted "what's up in 2015" contest videos mostly for pure entertainment. I realize most of them are made my teens and and pre teens but one young girl suggested that maybe the coaster would go through a glassed in water section.. Where you would be surrounded in this glassed in water.it sounded intriguing. That got me to thinking about possible references to underground elements. You guys would know better than I, but would it be possible to build such a longer section of a coaster underground, surrounded by such a glassed in water type of thing? I realize such a thing would be quite pricey... But honestly with Leah really kinda stressing the fact that this ride is quite expensive... I wouldn't put any kind of unique thing like that out of the question when it comes to holiday world at this point. Just dreaming.... And thinking lol..

^ I don't know how feasible your idea is, but it sounds cool! Now if that track does turn out to be HW's, it'll most likely be a flyer coaster, based on the references in the journal.

Now if there is some sort of water section, I could see them utilizing something like this, with the train being themed to a ship.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJukEcmOnfVz3cpa-TyARxNIpuhauvuPqQrldVuPXsFE6MROoM

Now I'm still having a hard time picturing this whole construction site, as the site does not seem to make any sense right now. They started construction on some type of building next to the much talked about row of footers. Now it doesn't look big enough to be a station, but there are footers that sort of lead out from it. That seems to indicate that track may be coming out of that building. I don't know though. I think those footers are for another element. I think that building that is being built is for some type of computer room for LSM's or LIM's. I could be wrong though. Most of the stations for B&M coasters are built with metal frames (well at least the portion that supports the coaster obviously) and the support frame for the track is the first thing constructed, not the building itself. Not only have they started the outside frame on that building, but the frame is completely wooden. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, I'm referencing the building that is right in front of the construction cam.

Edited by ZeroGravity55

I had already imagined if one day someone built a launched flyer (but not specifically for HW). However, aren't the trains quite heavy? (due to the extra mechanisms for the swinging)

^ Watching those trains in action, they don't seem quite as heavy as the wing rider trains. I don't know if it's just me, but that row of footers seems to be quite long for a launched section, if that's what it is. So maybe that is to accommodate the weight of the trains and allow them to have a gradual acceleration.

I don't if it is due to the unusual rider position that the flyer trains provide and the unusual elements that those rides can perform, but aren't flyers usually more forceful than other B&M's? I've never personally rode a flyer, I've just read that they can have some intense moments.

Edited by ZeroGravity55

^People indeed can withstand greater forces in the position, I think the maximum is 17 Gs - "eyeballs in" and 10 Gs - eyeballs out". Despite this they usually never pull a lot of "eyeballs out" Gs as the bottoms of the drops are quite drawn out. They usually (form what I understand as I've only ridden one) have one forceful element - the pretzel loop which is pretty intense. But, overall, they aren't that forceful.

^What do you exactly mean by "general launch coaster"? A sitting launched coaster? But then, wouldn't they be adding a launch to one of their current models too, or do you think that if this really is a B&M launched coaster they will use a "different type" with different trains,... ?

I don't know why Holiday World would bother with the complications, maintenance, and cost of a launch, but what do I know?

Maybe the launch technology on rides like Helix has achieved enough consistency that it isn't a maintenance headache and the incremental costs of building a launch are a wash with the costs of building a 150 foot lift hill? But I doubt it.

I am really perplexed by the "BIG" comments when coupled with B&M -- that speaks to a $20 -$25M ride. Even Wild Eagle topped $20M, and it is not a 'BIG" ride. I don't see how the math could work to spend $20M for a park that pulls in 1 million guests a year. Something is missing here. Curious to see what the final product cost and design ends up being, but my guess is that the ride itself will not top $15M in cost.

^What do you exactly mean by "general launch coaster"? A sitting launched coaster? But then, wouldn't they be adding a launch to one of their current models too, or do you think that if this really is a B&M launched coaster they will use a "different type" with different trains,... ?

Yeah, i mean a sitdown. I wouldn't think they'd brand the coaster type as a sitdown with a launch. I'd expect them to brand it as a launch coaster. It's certainly possible that new trains could be involved here if it is indeed a new model.

I am really perplexed by the "BIG" comments when coupled with B&M -- that speaks to a $20 -$25M ride. Even Wild Eagle topped $20M, and it is not a 'BIG" ride. I don't see how the math could work to spend $20M for a park that pulls in 1 million guests a year. Something is missing here. Curious to see what the final product cost and design ends up being, but my guess is that the ride itself will not top $15M in cost.

I agree with this...B&M coasters are EXPENSIVE. Holiday world to this point has gone with Wooden Coasters, Waterslides, and inexpensive flat rides. With all of the BIG rumors and HW's understanding of quality coasters, I just can't see a 20-40 million B&M being the ticket here. Especially one that is unique, with new manufacturer elements, that drives up cost.

^People indeed can withstand greater forces in the position, I think the maximum is 17 Gs - "eyeballs in" and 10 Gs - eyeballs out". Despite this they usually never pull a lot of "eyeballs out" Gs as the bottoms of the drops are quite drawn out. They usually (form what I understand as I've only ridden one) have one forceful element - the pretzel loop which is pretty intense. But, overall, they aren't that forceful.

Which is why I hope it's not a flyer. I've ridden 3 total, but even Tatsu was boring to me. It just kind of flew around, hit the pretzel loop, flew around some more, and went back into the station making my wife and I feeling sick. No thanks.

I don't get why everybody is putting such a high price tag on B&M. Sure they can be very expensive, but they can also be reasonable. The best wing rider in the country (Xflight) carried a price tag of 12 million. Not that 12 million is cheap but it sure isn't the 40 million figure I've seen thrown out there. (For the record I don't think a beemer has ever cost 40 million)