TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

As someone that has done marketing for multi-million dollar IPs, saying you're going to announce something on a certain date, then telling people on that date "OK, wait a bit longer" would be, um, not good. This would be a massive waste of a well-thought out campaign such as this one.

dt

I wasn't talking about a delay of the announcement. Let's see if I can rephrase what I meant. They would still make the announcement but at the end they could say, "If you like what we just announced and thought it was over the top, stay tuned because in a week we will have another announcement that will really knock your socks off!"

I wasn't talking about a delay of the announcement. Let's see if I can rephrase what I meant. They would still make the announcement but at the end they could say, "If you like what we just announced and thought it was over the top, stay tuned because in a week we will have another announcement that will really knock your socks off!"

They're announcing the major new ride on the 24th because there's going to be a delivery (probably track and supports) the very next day that will give away what they're building. They're not going to announce it August 1st.

Paula, if there was one time that I would love having your job the most, it would be the time leading up to a ride announcement. The level of misdirection and subterfuge you get to dish out must be, for want of a better term, awesome!

In the recent blog post about the 66daysatsea.com campaign, did anyone catch the statement, "Everything I think of seems to be way too obvious. I can’t just dive into this hinting thing." Leah is talking about how she isn't good at giving hints, but I was wondering if the word "dive" meant something about maybe a dive coaster.

I am still thinking its gonna be something from these guys: http://skylineattractions.com/. Their first ride announcement comes on August first, shortly after the Holiday World announcement.

Holiday world seems to always be on the cutting edge of things by being an innovator, I would hope that Holiday World sticks to it on this project.

What would be the point of making an announcement themselves after the ride has already been announced by the park? Do we know if they even have a buyer for whatever it is they're announcing? They described the product has officially "launching" August 1st, that suggests to me that's simply the date it goes on the market. If there was an installation already planned that would've most likely been in the press release.

First off quite honestly why would they do it?? It's called non-disclosure, it seems to be very common in the amusement industry. If you look at the dates it makes perfect sense.

Now here is my take on the B&M idea and why I think it holds little water. First off they are saying that parts will start arriving on the 25th that's just over 3 weeks away. So somewhere at one of the steel works locations that make B&M track there should be tons of track just laying around. I also know that there are a bunch of creeper enthusiast that drive by and take pictures daily. I also know there is discussion and pictures from the track plant for the coaster that everyone thinks is going in a Carowinds.

So based on what I have seen, one of two things is probably true:

1. No B&M for Holiday World and a B&M for Carowinds

2. A B&M for Holiday world and something else for Carowinds.

And based on leaks, it looks like #1 might be possible.

So here is another possible idea, it could involve RMC to a degree.

Rob and Elissa aren't the only ones that were invited to try this out...

^ From my understanding, there is only one steel plant that makes B&M's track and it is in Ohio. If you checkout The Mysterious Yellow B&M Thread, you'll find that those creepy roller coaster enthusiast who drive by and take pictures were at it again and posted even more pictures on the thread. They found four different colors of track. Two of which have a known destination, and the other two remain mysterious. So there is possibility about an idea you didn't mention where both Holiday World and Carowinds will be getting B&M's.

The colors of the track found are:

White, which is going to Gardaland (it's already arriving at the park)

Yellow, which supposed to be going to a park in China and is a B&M Flyer

Teal, which seems more likely for Carowinds, but is obviously not confirmed

Red/Orange, which would go with HW's Thanksgiving section, but also has no confirmed destination

Add this all up with the square footers that have the almond cutout, the evidence seems to be a bit strong for B&M. Now if someone can tell us a coaster manufacturer who also uses square footers with almond cutouts, then we might be able to start doubting whether or not it's a B&M. Until someone can tell me that, I fairly convinced that HW is receiving some type of B&M. Not saying I want a B&M and it would have been my last guess back on May 19th, but as I said, the evidence right now is too strong.

Well I was driving to Evansville today and came across an interesting delivery...

image.thumb.jpg.d1f588c4d6b38fb7dc704c3a2fba6415.jpg

There were two of them both headed in the direction of Holiday World. Who knows if they are coaster supports at all? I'm a bit skeptical and am posting this as I just saw them so someone else can analyze them better for me I was just intrigued by them. Also, I apologize for the guest appearance of my girlfriend's purse...

image.thumb.jpg.a5f81326c3f961e7c7b36e1c5d9a1ec1.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.e343f94cf45c9ac52263c8783006a680.jpg

Nice find, but I don't think these are part of HW new coaster. Especially since they weren't coming from the area of the B&M plant. This almost looks more like a sea bed anchor panted yellow for better visibility.