TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

From personal experience, I would recommend The Days Inn in Jasper. It's about 20 miles outside of the park. Obviously a little farther than what you're looking for, but I've never had a bad experience there. Jasper also probably has the best options in terms of food outside of Evansville in the area.

I'll second that recommendation and I am a HUGE hotel snob... We usually only stay in Hyatts, Hiltons, etc, and we were really comfortable in the Jasper Days Inn all three times we have stayed there.

Last time I made a trip to HW, a Super 8 was being built on 162 just north of the I-64 interchange at exit 63. Not sure if it's completed yet but it looked close to being done when I saw it. That would put you about 10 miles away. There is also a Comfort Inn at that same exit. Both just south of the town of Ferdinand, Indiana.

I visited a couple of weeks back and stayed at Lincoln State park about 2 miles West of the park. If you don't mind camping out, $17 beats ANYthing in that area and the facilities are quite nice with hot showers and the bonus of staying in a very attractive state park.

I visited a couple of weeks back and stayed at Lincoln State park about 2 miles West of the park. If you don't mind camping out, $17 beats ANYthing in that area and the facilities are quite nice with hot showers and the bonus of staying in a very attractive state park.

Thanks for this tip! I'm planning a trip out there for next summer and hadn't even thought about looking for a place to camp near the park. Do they have any decent shower facilities?

Day 50 "The cries for help alarmed us all. I do not know how to describe the tremendous sound every last one of us heard that night. The storm alone is thunderous, but this sound came from inside the ship." Now I really think they are dropping a hint to the B&M roar.

I dont think many are hoping for one, but the design of the footers are suggesting that the ride will be B&M. If you look back through the thread, you will see lots of pics of footers and this questions already being answered.

Oh. Thanks for that. I'm still hoping it's not a B&M, but we'll see July 24th.

I just have on question...

Why in the world are you people hoping for a B&M?

Yes, why in the world would anyone hope for a massive, expertly designed, ultra-reliable, high-capacity, twisted behemoth chocked full of huge inversions? I hope to be so spoiled in coaster riding someday that the idea of getting a brand new custom B&M could irk me.

I realize there are a few somewhat more intriguing designers out there right now, but come on. When I was getting into this following, we used to dream of our local park getting a B&M. That wasn't all that long ago... well, crap that was 10 years ago - but my point remains, lol.

I'm expecting anything at this point (kind of hoping its a Mack since I've yet to ride one of theirs), but rest assured I wouldn't be the slightest disappointed if it was indeed a B&M. And like mike_kelly mentioned, we now have Skyline Attractions to throw into the pit of guesses.

Yes, why in the world would anyone hope for a massive, expertly designed, ultra-reliable, high-capacity, twisted behemoth chocked full of huge inversions? I hope to be so spoiled in coaster riding someday that the idea of getting a brand new custom B&M could irk me.

+1000.

I couldn't have said it better myself. There are a lot of enthusiasts who rag on from B&M because they believe that isn't as good as their older stuff or rides from another manufacturer. If the newest B&M isn't top-20 worthy in their minds then automatically it's deemed that it sucks. Sometimes I think people enjoy making statements like that because it's fashionable in some circles.

Parks are voting with their dollars. B&M has at least four or five "big" projects they're working on right now (that we know of). Parks are businesses, and in return for spending big dollars on a ride parks want a known quantity. They want uptime. They don't want hassles after the ride is installed. B&M has a much better handle on their products than do a lot of other manufacturers right now, and parks know this. There's a reason they're continuing to get the business.

I am still thinking its gonna be something from these guys: http://skylineattractions.com/. Their first ride announcement comes on August first, shortly after the Holiday World announcement.

Holiday world seems to always be on the cutting edge of things by being an innovator, I would hope that Holiday World sticks to it on this project.

What would be the point of making an announcement themselves after the ride has already been announced by the park? Do we know if they even have a buyer for whatever it is they're announcing? They described the product has officially "launching" August 1st, that suggests to me that's simply the date it goes on the market. If there was an installation already planned that would've most likely been in the press release.

I am still thinking its gonna be something from these guys: http://skylineattractions.com/. Their first ride announcement comes on August first, shortly after the Holiday World announcement.

Holiday world seems to always be on the cutting edge of things by being an innovator, I would hope that Holiday World sticks to it on this project.

What would be the point of making an announcement themselves after the ride has already been announced by the park? Do we know if they even have a buyer for whatever it is they're announcing? They described the product has officially "launching" August 1st, that suggests to me that's simply the date it goes on the market. If there was an installation already planned that would've most likely been in the press release.

I agree, it doesnt make sense with the dates as they currently are.

Just a brainstorm. But, could they make the expansion announcement on 7/24 and name the major attraction but then stager the release of whatever remaining rides/attractions over a period of time? I mean, 8/1 is not that far from 7/24. Sort of like if you like this, come back on 8/1 and we will pull back the curtain on the whole shabang! A staggered release could generate additional interest in the expansion and allow them to milk the news cycle for all it's worth.

^Maybe, but after 66 days of waiting, you want the actual announcement, instead of "stay tuned". What I am trying to say is that they could receive some negative feedback from everyone if they go too long with it, and never give us the real cold hard facts.