TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

B&M will build a ride as cool or dull as the park wants. Compare the recent non-US B&M rides to something like Banshee.

Lies. Everyone knows that they build purely to spite enthusiasts. It's not even about the money anymore; it hasn't been for years. I forget whether it was Walter or Claude, but one of them has an Olympic-sized indoor pool that is filled entirely with coaster enthusiast' tears.

Hmm.. Older children running onto the deck. Is the deck a possible station?

I also read it as something the younger children can't do but older children could so perhaps it's talking about the height restriction will be too high for the younger ones.

^^^ There are a few footers that I wish we could get a closer look at, but they're too far back. I've edited that photo kind of pointing out what I'm talking about.

I think the footers you have labeled as random will be for a crossover that comes from (or goes to) the tree clearing and then over the Voyage.

So here's my guess after today's clue, like it's been mentioned before The Storm really sounds like it could be the name of the coaster. I was also thinking maybe The Deck is a children's play area or something similar for smaller children. Grasping at straws but "the storm" and "the deck" have been mentioned multiple times.

The Storm is such a lazy name, though. It sounds like something I would have built in Roller Coaster Tycoon in fifth grade. Sure, it works, but I hope the park is more creative than that.

Fine. Sea Storm.

But in all seriousness, I do agree with you on that one. I hope "The Storm" is not the ride's actual name, but I wouldn't be mad if it was.

Whatever it turns out to be will be themed to something to do with water. It's being built next to Splashin Safari and will most likely be part of it.

I don't think the coaster will be part of Splashin' Safari. I mean, the 66 Days at Sea is Thanksgiving-themed, so the coaster will most likely be part of the Thanksgiving area. I do hope that this expansion will also include another slide tower so that Hyena Falls doesn't feel so far away from the rest of the water slides.

^This x100000... The Voyage is shitty.. I honestly thought this new coaster would be more related to something wild that pertains to the new world (native americans or something).. But now since it looks like this crosses over/interacts with the Voyage- something Storm related makes perfect sense...

^This x100000... The Voyage is shitty.. I honestly thought this new coaster would be more related to something wild that pertains to the new world (native americans or something).. But now since it looks like this crosses over/interacts with the Voyage- something Storm related makes perfect sense...

Who's to say it doesn't involve some Native American heritage? They have yet to meet their new neighbors...

Lol I never said it doesnt.. I was being speculative.. I love most of you loony but lovable coaster extreme enthusiasts.. I definitely want to write a comedy thats a combination of quirky Coen Bros characters based on coaster enthusiasts that also sorta combines the whimsical-ness deadpan of Wes Anderson with some of the ridiculousness of Will Ferrel.

Maybe even have Napoleon Dynamite-esque lovable characters.. This is truly an untapped domain of a group of hobbyists that could provide comedic gold..

I'm still holding out for "A new world", instead of a Thanksgiving expansion.

The Storm is such a lazy name, though. It sounds like something I would have built in Roller Coaster Tycoon in fifth grade. Sure, it works, but I hope the park is more creative than that.

The Storm is just a bad name. Goliath is a lazy name. lol

This is all part of Thanksgiving. The name of the ride doesn't necessarily have to pertain to Thanksgiving, but more so just be related to it. The "New World" is related to Thanksgiving. I personally think The Voyage was the perfect name for that coaster as it perfectly describes the coaster and the theme that went with it. The park is going to choose or has chosen the best name possible and if you don't like it, how about you try naming it? At the end of the day, the name of the ride is just an afterthought as long as the ride is a great ride.

I am going to Holiday World for the day next month. I see there are a number of motels close to and farther away from the park. What are the odds I'll be able to find a motel room for a couple of nights within ten miles of the park without a reservation?

Any recommendations would be helpful. I'd prefer a motel with free wi-fi, and in the $60/night range.

^ Depends what days you're planning on visiting. I'll say every Saturday from now until the of daily operation is going to be packed in the park, so you might be pressing your luck if you plan on visiting a weekend. From personal experience, I would recommend The Days Inn in Jasper. It's about 20 miles outside of the park. Obviously a little farther than what you're looking for, but I've never had a bad experience there. Jasper also probably has the best options in terms of food outside of Evansville in the area. Somebody who lives in Southern Indiana will be able to tell you more than I just did, seeing they know the area better, but that is usually where I stay when I'm visiting for multiple days. Your best bet would probably be to call these places ahead of time and find out what there vacancy situation is on the day your planing on visiting. You can also probably find out if they expect to have any rooms left. They should be able to tell you based on past years.

Thanks. I'll be going to the park on a Friday and staying in the area that night. I like Days Inn usually, and I'll gladly stay there in a pinch, but I'm just seeing if there are any less expensive places for now. 20 miles probably isn't too far either.

I live in Evansville and as said already, Jasper probably really is your best bet for lodging and food outside of Evansville. If you don't mind a 45 min drive then here in Evansville you can get any hotel from any chain and any food places you could imagine. If you really are going on a weekend I doubt you'll be able to get a room at Santa's lodge. There was a time when it was pretty easy as not many people from outside the region would visit the park enough to make a dent there, but in the past 10 years or so it's become almost impossible. There is always Lake Rudolph right next door to HW. I have stayed in their RVs before and they are quite nice. Of course you could always camp too. It's a Really nice camp/RV park and they will shuttle you to the front gates of HW. I Hope that at some point HW uses that Holiday World Hotel trademark they have and build their own hotel. Honestly since the local economy around Santa Claus hasn't taken up the cause yet, it's really becoming necessary.