TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

^ My logic is the same as yours. I'm thinking Mack LSM, but the evidence of it being a B&M just seems way too strong at this point. Only 3 more weeks until we find out!

Wait a second, where did this idea of B&M's first launched coaster come from again? I figured once we were pretty sure it was a B&M we could scratch "launched coaster" off the list. I mean if we think it's going to be a prototype then it could be literally anything.

Well the idea comes from two pictures. Before we even saw the cutout of the footers in the almond shape telling us it was B&M, we had a picture of a line of footers in a consistent row (which I've seen for myself). Here's the picture:

As you can see, they're not wide enough apart for a lift, but also too close together for a break run of any kind. This leads us to speculate that it is some sort of launch. Now the second picture comes from a drawing somebody on here drew up showcasing supports on the footers already constructed and a bit of a layout which would tend to back up the idea of a launch. Here's that picture:

Edit: Also, if you head on over to the The Mysterious Yellow B&M Thread you'll find that there have been some pictures that have been posted of about 5 different pieces of mystery track at the B&M steel plant in Ohio. According to the people who have been posting over there, one of them appears to be a brand new type of track (based on the number of rails or something like that) and the color (orange/red) would seem to match the theme HW is going with.

Edited by ZeroGravity55

^2 across seating, lap bars only (with inversions). B&M can do it if it must be a B&M...

I would be happy with floorless-like trains but with lap bars. Combining the freedom provided by those restraints with the absence of a floor (yes, I know it's almost the same with the hypers as the seats are quite tall, but it would only add to the experience). That being said, I wouldn't really mind it they just used their hyper trains, the only thing that I don't love about them is how reclined you sit, but that's not a big deal.

^^^That's some pretty heavy speculation though. Pretty sure that could still be a break run, and new track type doesn't necessarily imply a new kind of coaster (just look at the difference in track between Millennium Force and I305), or what that new kind of coaster might be. Just saying we might be getting ahead of ourselves to hope for a product that, as far as we know right now, doesn't exist.

Also, if it is a B&M, you can bet it'll have OTSR, seeing as they've never built a looping coaster that doesn't have them.

Day 46 entry is up:

"For yet another day the wind surrounds us. The crew is no longer able to set our course. Instead these good men search the ship, tightening ropes, securing boxes and barrels. We are at the mercy of the sea. - See more at: http://www.holidayworld.com/66days/#sthash.33PwAQFC.dpuf"

Probably nothing earth shattering clue wise but the use of metaphor to convey checking restraints and securing loose articles made me smile.

^^B&M don't usually change the type of track used for the same type of coaster. Intamin develop their designs, just like they did with the giga. Also, brake runs don't curve like that new track piece does. And with the ties being different to any other B&M we are speculating that it could be a new design, not that it actually is one. But with the footers matching B&m and with many being in a straight line, it seems to match a launch coaster.

According to the people who have been posting over there, one of them appears to be a brand new type of track (based on the number of rails or something like that) and the color (orange/red) would seem to match the theme HW is going with.

I guess I missed this, but how did we determine the color scheme?

^^^That's some pretty heavy speculation though. Pretty sure that could still be a break run, and new track type doesn't necessarily imply a new kind of coaster (just look at the difference in track between Millennium Force and I305), or what that new kind of coaster might be. Just saying we might be getting ahead of ourselves to hope for a product that, as far as we know right now, doesn't exist.

Also, if it is a B&M, you can bet it'll have OTSR, seeing as they've never built a looping coaster that doesn't have them.

I'm really enjoying all of the investigative thinking, but I have to agree with Neil, too. I hope it is a B&M launched, but it's almost like someone planted the idea and we've been finding ways to prove what a lot of us want. I suppose there are a lot of good clues that lead that way, though. However the lap bar only idea is totally left field and probably not going to happen with B&M if we're looking at a looper. Especially with the success of the restraints on their wing riders and Banshee.

I'm really enjoying all of the investigative thinking, but I have to agree with Neil, too. I hope it is a B&M launched, but it's almost like someone planted the idea and we've been finding ways to prove what a lot of us want. I suppose there are a lot of good clues that lead that way, though. However the lap bar only idea is totally left field and probably not going to happen with B&M if we're looking at a looper. Especially with the success of the restraints on their wing riders and Banshee.

Those wing rider/Banshee restraints are great! No head banging. I wish some parks would consider replacing there restraints with the vest styles.

^I wish the same, but they'd probably have to redesign the entire train (and maybe even the track) to take the restraints. I think those trains are slightly wider, considering how much more arm room you have in them.

I thought being at sea with occasional storms was brutal, but a storm that lasts 6 days straight? Either Holiday World has something cooked up with the use of a splash section (i.e. Diamondback, Sheikra, Krake...), or they're taking up the chance to build Thrill World's

, where riders are submerged for two whole minutes.

Those wing rider/Banshee restraints are great! No head banging. I wish some parks would consider replacing there restraints with the vest styles.

No head banging, but it's a trade off: you get held DOWN and BACK with those vests, just like the rotten new Vekoma restraints (and the backpack things on I-305). Lap bars are the way to go

When I seen the two pics accompaning today's clue the first thing that instantly popped in my mind was "barrel roll". I think in ine clue sometime back the word barrel was actually used. Could that straight section of footers that easily visible be for a barrel roll element?

According to the people who have been posting over there, one of them appears to be a brand new type of track (based on the number of rails or something like that) and the color (orange/red) would seem to match the theme HW is going with.

I guess I missed this, but how did we determine the color scheme?

That was more of an assumption. Going through the Thanksgiving section, red and orange are two of the frequent colors you find.

Blah, the new B&M restraints...they do increase visibility, but they substantially minimize all (non-positive g) forces and really start to dig uncomfortably into your shoulders after a couple rides. And they're not really comfortable on the first ride, to start with. Sure there's no more headbanging...but was there before? I prefer the little extra freedom, but I digress.

How about...

^^Agreed. The newest Mack restraints look pretty perfect for inverting rides.

I would vote for this as close to perfect:

I haven't ridden the Mack trains yet... but the old Schwarzkopf style trains/restraints not only make inversion comfortable, but enable riders to enjoy lateral and air time

^I adore the Schwarzkopf trains too and agree they are more than sufficient safety-wise.

I mentioned the Mack restraints as they seem like something that B&M could implement (read: copy!) without overhauling their rolling stock too drastically.

When have we ever gotten any confirmation that this was a B&M?

Confirmation is a bit strong but look at the footings in the center of this image.

And now look at Banshee's footings.

KI-2014%20087.jpg

They look identical to my eyes. I'm waiting for someone more well-versed in manufacturer footings to clue us in as to whether other companies use the oval/almond shaped cutout or not.

Definitely looks like footers for a B&M.

Blah, the new B&M restraints...they do increase visibility, but they substantially minimize all (non-positive g) forces and really start to dig uncomfortably into your shoulders after a couple rides. And they're not really comfortable on the first ride, to start with. Sure there's no more headbanging...but was there before? I prefer the little extra freedom, but I digress.

Took the words right out of my mouth, if "less restrictive" is what you want out of a restraint then those vests are the opposite of good. And I have never had a problem with head banging on any B&M.