TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

While I would rather it not be a Wing Coaster (Cedar Point is too Close!)

I guess I just don't see an issue with the distance being so close. For most in and around Holiday World, Cedar Point is too far of a trip to do as is Dollywood and Six Flags Great America. Also, with the exception of Dollywood, the region to the south and west of Holiday world is also too far to visit SFGA and Cedar Point and they are lacking in this ride type. I could see Holiday World obtaining a wing coaster to have one up on SFStL before they decide to get one.

I guess my opinion comes from the mindset of why build any coaster slightly similar to another if there is one near by? You just have to make it completely unique. I don't doubt Holiday World can manage that.

^They are now in direct competition with KK. This is a win-win for everyone.

Also, is it safe to say that we, the enthusiasts, are referred to as the "children" in all of the hints?

I've been thinking that the whole time. Either enthusiasts or theme park goers in general.

Well... I guess we're all pretty much big kids when it comes to coasters.

^I can agree to that!

Who ever has been writing these entries has been really putting a lot of the character of the park and its employees into it as well. Day 17 really made me feel this. I've studied narrative writing and it really feels as those there are more to entries like Day 17 than a simple made up back story.

Who ever has been writing these entries has been really putting a lot of the character of the park and its employees into it as well. Day 17 really made me feel this. I've studied narrative writing and it really feels as those there are more to entries like Day 17 than a simple made up back story.

Well, thank you.

It is I ... the Mayflower Madame. #RavenMavenNoMore

Well, thank you.

RavenMave..err...Mayflower Madame, I sensed it was you all along. I can perfectly hear your personality in more than a few of these posts. Wonderful job!

^^^ So Robb, there wasn't enough "shred" in there to better obfuscate my office number? What have I ever done to you? Huh?

This is the risk you take when teasing us with a new attraction! LoL

I like this guy...

Well, thank you.

Raven Maven how does it feel to have so many people hanging on your every word?

It's quite nerve-wracking*, actually.

*Knowing even that innocent statement will be dissected, with "clues" pulled from each syllable.

But. Yeah. I dig messing with y'all.

I'm new to the forum and have been a HW fan all my life. I have a feeling that Matt and Paula are having a lot of fun reading the various speculation threads out there. Knowing Matt the way I do, I hope the big reveal takes advantage of his awesome theater skills! Matt is the perfect person to take Holiday World to the next level, a true Will protege!

Adam

I'm new to the forum and have been a HW fan all my life. I have a feeling that Matt and Paula are having a lot of fun reading the various speculation threads out there. Knowing Matt the way I do, I hope the big reveal takes advantage of his awesome theater skills! Matt is the perfect person to take Holiday World to the next level, a true Will protege!

Adam

Welcome to the forum!

Have you guys seen this Flying Coaster on bolliger-mabillard's website?

Flying, Water, Re-Use Giraffica pit????

Looks AWESOME to me! This is less scientific analysis than you guys have been doing. I just saw the "flying" and the dip into the water and got a gut feeling.

C1.PNG.2d8d4bebef7c095d36f60f150f8721e5.PNG

All rights to this photo are owned by bolliger-mabillard. Hopefully they won't mind us using here on this board :-)

C2.PNG.a67b1e8ee4889e961b00194cb8a62325.PNG

All rights to this photo are owned by bolliger-mabillard. Hopefully they won't mind us using here on this board :-)

C3.PNG.1447e2ba4554c6cceba617742ff0c7ac.PNG

My new thought of the day is that this is a B&M. I'm sure everyone instantly thought of that when one of the clues mentioned "being so loud".

On top of that, I was looking through blueprints of past projects and the markings in the shredded paper document looks almost identical to those found on Gatekeeper. As for that "N" being on that document, I don't think that is something that we can ignore.

With that being said, I hope it isn't a WingRider but like someone mentioned, that is the B&M specialty currently. The similarity of the blueprints was originally mentioned on CoasterBuzz. Here is the picture of GateKeepers:

It is especially similar to the final helix. One more thing worth noting is how the supports are labeled... "C62L, C63L, C64L"... which indicates that the ride is coming from the top left part of the picture (I know, Captain Obvious). The thing that isn't obvious is how it relates to length since each ride requires a different amount of supports, but I think it can serve as a rough estimate of what HW's New Coaster minimum length is. Since there are about 110 (approximate) supports relating to GK's 4164', the 73 on HW's puts it at a 2763' minimum. Again, this is not an exact science by any means since each coaster is extremely different but I am just trying to do as much deciphering as possible.

I am excited to see what Robb's shredded document looks like.

The Foundation/Footing/Pier Plans I've seen for Coasters from Intamin, B&M, MACK, Zierer, and ART Engineering GmbH are all basically the same and unless you already know the manufacturer, it's pretty hard to determine the Fabricator. The Cages and Base Plates are where the real Info is.

Well, seeing that plan I would discard Intamin. Their footers are round. We could be looking at a B&M, a Mack or a Zierer (and probably others). Although the plans point to a B&M, I wish it will be a Mack launched in Helix style. Would be a great choice, they have great reliability and those trains with lap bars are perfect. Any clue on when will this coaster be discovered?
Actually, the PIERS are for the most part round, not necessarily the Foundation/FOOTING. You can't really eliminate any manufacturer/ fabricator until you see the Cages and Base Plates for the FOOTINGS. Also, Considering the Work ART Engineering GmbH has done with BomBora, Wonder Mountain's Guardian, and Cannibal at Lagoon, whose to say Holiday World didn't go elsewhere?

At this point, I'm gonna guess Zierer launch coaster with indoor segment similar to Verbolten at BGW. Basically because of the day 12 clue. Btw, we are totally the children. Look at the latest clue.

I love it.

I'm thinking so as well, and it'll be themed to an ocean voyage with a splashdown type affect using PP/Giraffaca remains.