TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Did they ever say that it was going to be exactly $13.5M or did they just say it was going to be their largest investment and everyone is just basing that number on 2006's expansion cost? Maybe I just missed it somewhere, but I was under the impression that it would be AT LEAST $13.5M.

Edited by supertrooper

The fact that this project is $13.5m and thought to be a steel coaster leads me to believe that it really cannot be that tall or large just based on cost alone.

$13.5 million was the total capital expenditure in the year Voyage was built. All we know for next year is that the improvements will be in excess of that prior $13.5 million high water mark. It will be the largest total investment in park history.

Did they ever say that it was going to be exactly $13.5M or did they just say it was going to be their largest investment and everyone is just basing that number on 2006's expansion cost? Maybe I just missed it somewhere, but I was under the impression that it would be AT LEAST $13.5M.

It will be > $13.5 million.

I'm starting to think this will be an expansion with multiple rides. Maybe a steel coaster and a few family flats like a Splash Battle in Giraffica's old spot?

This is also what I was thinking. I just hope it's anything but a water coaster.

Edited by prozach626

I'm going to be going to kentucky kingdom this Friday then holiday world on Saturday gearing up for coasting for kids at Kings Island on Sunday. My friend and I are looking for a cheap, clean hotel near Holiday World for Friday Night. Any suggestions?

I'm really picky about hotels. I would normally never pick a Day's Inn, but this one is actually very clean. It's about 15 minutes away:

http://www.daysinn.com/hotels/indiana/jasper/days-inn-jasper-in/hotel-overview

I'm going to be going to kentucky kingdom this Friday then holiday world on Saturday gearing up for coasting for kids at Kings Island on Sunday. My friend and I are looking for a cheap, clean hotel near Holiday World for Friday Night. Any suggestions?

Don't know what you would define as cheap but santas lodge across from holidayworld has a special enthusiast rate of 79.99. I just stayed there last Friday for holliwoood nights and you are about a two minute drive from holdiayworld and the hotel is pretty good. Mention the enthusiast rate when booking to get the deal and you can't book it online.

After attending HoliWood Nights (awesome as ever) and the Voyage walk back I'm starting to get a better picture in mind as to the path of the presumed new coaster.

Here's my aerial rendition of what we can see thus far:

Below, I am looking out through "clearing 2" and you can see the "pit" from the Hard Hat Chronicles video in the background.

Based on the position of the survey markers along Hyena Falls, I would be really surprised if they're not reusing the Giraffica station.

If this ends up being a steel launcher, I can envision the launch straight away roughly following the gravel service path behind Hyena Falls, entering an element or elements in the "pit" area, crossing Voyage first at "clearing 2" and then making its way back to the station through "clearing 1." Throw in a little pre lift/launch section out of the Giraffica station in addition to the area covered above and we might be looking at a decently lengthy ride.

Edited by LogBur

^Thanks for the picture!

If this ends up being a steel launcher, I can envision the launch straight away roughly following the gravel service path behind Hyena Falls, entering an element or elements in the "pit" area, crossing Voyage first at "clearing 2" and then making its way back to the station through "clearing 1." Throw in a little pre lift/launch section out of the Giraffica station and the area covered above and we might be looking at a decently lengthy ride.

This sounds good to me. Maybe like Cheetah Hunt at Busch Gardens (but better!) and with more inversions. Oh... and no shoulder bars. Of course. Perfect for the whole family!

^ I'm guessing since you're from St Louis, you're still a little bitter about last year's Boomerang at SFSTL.

I'm still anticipating that the actual hints in diary entries will be sporadic and then, toward the actual announcement, really start giving big clues. And some of the hints may just be throwing us for a loop (pun intended).

^^The especially EVIL Boomerang that took the spot of Zambezi Zinger! Uck!

You gotta think... if HW did put in a Boomerang (which I know they aren't), we might not like it, but the locals would probably love it. People love boomerangs, especially kids. Bet it would be a lap bar train only...

Hey all! New here. I've been a lurker for some time but only just decided to create an account.

I'm sure everyone here remembers the shredded paper EB from CoasterRadio.com reassembled which turned out to be a portion of a footer map...or so we hope. I've been starring at it since its reveal and I can't help but notice the background.

Here's the reassembled map.

I can't seem to get it out of my head that the "old paper" background looks like treetops from a satellite image. It's the service road and rectangular building like objects in the bottom right corner that keep drawing my attention. Has anyone else thought this?

Looking at the Google Maps image from the above post, I'm trying to wrap my head around how the shredded map fits into that land. The only way I have got the shredded map to fit (again, this is IF the map isn't a red herring) is to ignore the "North" marking and layer it over a Google Maps image.

I'm probably just seeing things and making more out of nothing than I should...probably...

Anyone still thinking about the shredded map or should I just file it away for good?

^Very cool. I like where you're thinking.

I see it fitting over the "pit" section, where the north arrow would indeed face north. The service road would be the one that connects to Route 162. It could be a place for a high turnaround after a launch like Cheetah Hunt (someone mentioned this possibly being something like that ride).

I love the speculation though, I'm excited to find out what it will be!

*edit:

I will now disagree with myself, as there are no footers on that map going back towards the PP station but instead heading across the road. Who knows, this is going to be a fun process!

Hey all! New here. I've been a lurker for some time but only just decided to create an account.

I'm sure everyone here remembers the shredded paper EB from CoasterRadio.com reassembled which turned out to be a portion of a footer map...or so we hope. I've been starring at it since its reveal and I can't help but notice the background.

Here's the reassembled map.

I can't seem to get it out of my head that the "old paper" background looks like treetops from a satellite image. It's the service road and rectangular building like objects in the bottom right corner that keep drawing my attention. Has anyone else thought this?

Looking at the Google Maps image from the above post, I'm trying to wrap my head around how the shredded map fits into that land. The only way I have got the shredded map to fit (again, this is IF the map isn't a red herring) is to ignore the "North" marking and layer it over a Google Maps image.

I'm probably just seeing things and making more out of nothing than I should...probably...

Anyone still thinking about the shredded map or should I just file it away for good?

Great find... I think you're on to something, but I think the site will farther South. The box in lower right hand corner I think is one of the Voyage's Tunnel covers.

Edited by DanTheBooker

Great find... I think you're on to something, but I think the site will farther South. The box in lower right hand corner I think is one of Legends Tunnel covers.

Legend? Na. I think you would have to go to the complete other side of Splashin' Safari before you reach the The Legend. I'm thinking the box in the lower right is a tunnel cover for The Voyage.

*edit:

I will now disagree with myself, as there are no footers on that map going back towards the PP station but instead heading across the road. Who knows, this is going to be a fun process!

Well, who knows what orientation the shredded map is supposed to be in and who knows what the track does on the bits of the map that are missing. I was just focusing on landmarks in the (what I think is a) satellite image.

This sure has been fun!

Great find... I think you're on to something, but I think the site will farther South. The box in lower right hand corner I think is one of Legends Tunnel covers.

Legend? Na. I think you would have to go to the complete other side of Splashin' Safari before you reach the The Legend. I'm thinking the box in the lower right is a tunnel cover for The Voyage.

Fixed it. Dunno how that happen...lol