TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

^Yup! I wonder how Mack's prices compare to Intamin?

Well, I remember from a back stage tour at Hershey Park that both Intamin and Mack put in a bid for the Skyrush project. The park actually, slightly preferred Mack's design, but Intamin was significantly less expensive.

^Yup! I wonder how Mack's prices compare to Intamin?

Well, I remember from a back stage tour at Hershey Park that both Intamin and Mack put in a bid for the Skyrush project. The park actually, slightly preferred Mack's design, but Intamin was significantly less expensive.

Really? I'd figure it would've been the other way around... I figured Intamin and B&M are the top tier of the most expensive coasters followed by Mack and/or Vekoma for steel coasters.

^^Really? I imagined Intamin would be the most expensive has they've made a bigger name for themselves than Mack, when it comes to big coasters.

Would the mack also be over 200 ft tall? I wonder what the design could be.

^It surprised me too. That may be why we haven't seen too many large Mack coasters pop up after the success of Blue Fire. I assume the design was for a hyper coaster, but I really don't know. Additional development time/expenses for Mack's first hyper could have contributed to the higher price tag.

A ride like Helix would be a great fit for Holiday World, though. My best guess at this point is still some sort of launched coaster with a 48" (or less) height requirement.

I'll be honest I really hope this is not a water coaster. I feel those rides feel lacking to me. I really hope this is a straight up airtime filled roller coaster! Either way though it ain't up to me and this is super fun! Roll Call! Who will be at Holliwood Nights this weekend? We should meet up! TPR meet and great!

Unfortunately I won't be there for Holiwood nights due to other commitments but I will be there all day Friday with my youngest son's field trip. It'll be interesting never volunteered to be a chaperon on a field trip before.

We know you can't tell us anything, but we sure hope you might let something slip!

We've been preparing all week for the onslaught. I've taken it upon myself to shred all sensitive documents, company-wide.

Oh, wait ...

Ha! You can never be too careful

When did they remove the last car on the voyage trains? I imagine it was due to the car being a rough ride?

Raven explained it a few pages ago. Early in the season they run 6 and once it gets warmer and busier they add a seventh.

Just going off the clues, I'm wondering if it's not a launched family ride. I'm thinking that an outside top hat is likely. Maybe like a launched hyper family thing? With a barrel roll and a Splashdown? WTF?! Lol

Don't forget the most important clue, drawings of Mayflowers (the flower not the ship) it's going to be themed to plants... lol

From Day 11: "The children look to the skies and imagine what secrets exist within the massive clouds. We may never know but will surely dream of them tonight"

Hinting at record-breaking height?

A coaster so tall you need oxygen masks!

^^Really? I imagined Intamin would be the most expensive has they've made a bigger name for themselves than Mack, when it comes to big coasters.

Would the mack also be over 200 ft tall? I wonder what the design could be.

Production costs are cheaper when you've built so many more. Tooling, machining, engineering, etc.

I dont know if anyone has noticed this but if you look on day 12 on 66 days at sea on one of the pictures there is a play button. If you click on it it plays a video of a camera in a pool of water swaying up and down. If you look closely when the camera rocks upwards it look like Splashin Safari considering the camera was swaying in one of the pools. I don't know if this was simply just to show that the seas were swaying or it was a clue that something big could be coming to the waterpark.

Maybe a waterpark expansion with the new coaster? Or here's actually what it could be, and I don't know if anyone has ever considered this. The park talks about how each day will give little subtle clues. Perhaps the water indicates maybe a water theme or maybe even a splashdown break?

I was there earlier today with my son's field trip and after the rained stopped and all the rides opened I got to ride all 3 coasters. I was very impressed that all 3 were smooth rides all in the front seat. I was totally blown away by Legend, I came off it with no aches, bruises, or sore neck. I couldn't believe I got off Legend feeling pretty fine... My question is the lights in the tunnels on Legend have they always been there and I just haven't noticed? The lights were turned on when I rode and I was like wow, why lights in tunnels?

I was there earlier today with my son's field trip and after the rained stopped and all the rides opened I got to ride all 3 coasters. I was very impressed that all 3 were smooth rides all in the front seat. I was totally blown away by Legend, I came off it with no aches, bruises, or sore neck. I couldn't believe I got off Legend feeling pretty fine... My question is the lights in the tunnels on Legend have they always been there and I just haven't noticed? The lights were turned on when I rode and I was like wow, why lights in tunnels?

I just rode the Legend an hour ago and the lights are still turned on in the tunnel.

Edit: Just got off Voyage at night. It is a completely different experience. The tunnels are pitch black and you can't see anything for most of the ride. It's also a bit rougher because you can't brace yourself for the turns in the spaghetti bowl since you can't see them. Still a spectacular ride though.

Todays tidbit seemed to hint at construction starting in the Fall. The video was in the wave pool again but this time featured 6 "dunks"... just an observation.

They're announcing it on July 24th because at that point in construction,they said it will be very obvious what they're building.