TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Any more clues?

I'm curious about the "empty barrel" reference from day 6. It seems to just be tagged on the end and vague. Or maybe I'm just missing something

The empty barrel part made me curious.

It does seem very random.

Any more clues?

I'm curious about the "empty barrel" reference from day 6. It seems to just be tagged on the end and vague. Or maybe I'm just missing something

The empty barrel part made me curious.

It does seem very random.

Um, barrel roll on a coaster? Would love for it to be a Project Helix type coaster. We'll know soon enough.

"We have learned the ship’s swabber gains a new assistant each Monday. This crew member is called the liar and is thus proclaimed for having told a public untruth. The liar must clean what the swabber will not, the beakhead and chains."(day 8)

My guess is the "chain" reference is to a traditional chain lift coaster - not a launch.

Also, any thoughts about a "smaller" coaster can probably be dismissed as I'm sure they wouldn't make this big of a deal over a junior coaster. In those 66 days lots of hype will be generated, and a junior coaster would most likely be a letdown.

^I kind of have mixed feelings about it: on one hand it is pretty rough (although last time I rode it, on opening day, it wasn't that bad) but on the other hand it just manages to be awesome with such a simple layout. I do like it a lot, but my biggest problem with it is length.

Just noticed that if you close off the days tabs, a map will be left on the screen. The "Mayflower" according to the map departs somewhere in Europe around the Czech Republic, where Intamin's track is manufactured. Maybe I am taking overthinking the map, but could this mean an Intamin?

The "Mayflower" according to the map departs somewhere in Europe around the Czech Republic, where Intamin's track is manufactured.

Nope. If you look closely behind the moving ship the dashed line definitely starts in England. Presumably Plymouth, England.

Maybe I am taking overthinking the map

Yup.

but could this mean an Intamin?

Nothing on the map points to that and Intamin delivered a trainwreck of a ride in the form of Pilgrim's Plunge/Giraffica but never say never.

Edited by LogBur

Nothing on the map points to that and Intamin delivered a trainwreck of a ride in the form of Pilgrim's Plunge/Giraffica but never say never.

For all we know Intamin could have been like, "Hey, we'll buy back Giraffica if you buy a new coaster from us".

For all we know Intamin could have been like, "Hey, we'll buy back Giraffica if you buy a new coaster from us".

I'm always skeptical that this type of transaction takes place in the industry but who knows. Perhaps the prototypical nature of that ride gave Holiday World some leverage and, hell, it might have still been under some kind of warranty as it was only installed in 2009.

I wonder if ride manufacturers include uptime guarantees as part of their total value proposition.

Or simply, 'Hey, we have a lot of proven, sound projects that you can choose from for an attractive price (seeing as we screwed up on you last time).'

^Yup! I wonder how Mack's prices compare to Intamin?

^ Without the Wing Rider concept, it MIGHT be described as a pointless coaster like a launched mine train with a Barrel Roll.

Pointless? It would probably be more fun and interesting than most American B&Ms Especially since Holiday World keeps their trees

^Yup! I wonder how Mack's prices compare to Intamin?

^ Without the Wing Rider concept, it MIGHT be described as a pointless coaster like a launched mine train with a Barrel Roll.

Pointless? It would probably be more fun and interesting than most American B&Ms Especially since Holiday World keeps their trees

It's pointless in Intamin standard

I'm always skeptical that this type of transaction takes place in the industry but who knows. Perhaps the prototypical nature of that ride gave Holiday World some leverage and, hell, it might have still been under some kind of warranty as it was only installed in 2009.

I wonder if ride manufacturers include uptime guarantees as part of their total value proposition.

I wouldn't be skeptical. I would think that by keeping good relations with a client that has purchased a ride that has not lived up to its expectations the manufacturer would offer a possible deal for something else.Even though it was 30+ years ago Arrow did that for Kings Island by offering a good deal for Vortex since the original Bat was so problematic.

Raven Maven I will go ahead and apologize to you now for all of the enthusiast who will be hounding you for information on the new ride during this years Holliwood Nights! We know you can't tell us anything, but we sure hope you might let something slip!

Looking at that overhead view to me it sure looks like it could be a possible Aquatrax layout. The reason I say this is not much room back in that corner for a big que so I'm thinking its going to be the Giraffica/PP station, the first hill is going to dive over top of the rollout out of Voyages 2nd hill and curve around back to the station. It'll either go out or come in between Hyena Falls and Voyage given the survey markers. I don't see them circling Hyena Falls and now the kiddie bumper boats and then deciding oh, we will just circle both in with the Thanksgiving expansion. An Aquatrax ride would fill the void left from Giraffica and still be accessible from the water park side and the amusement park side. Just speculating but this seems the most logical.