TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

I've always envisioned something like Firechase Express for Holiday World (with different themeing, of course). It's got the perfect balance of thrills and innovation while still remaining family-friendly and accessible to as many as possible. I think this is certainly more realistic than any B&M / RMC talk.

I really want to see both, honestly. We need a Floorless in the area, we also need a good Mack. The closest Floorless is Kraken. Correct? I'm not even sure about the closest Mack.

Why are you so persistent about a floorless??? Have you even ridden a Floorless? They aren't that appealing to begin with. Having ridden Hydra (Allentown is closer than Orlando) and Kraken, they are nothing to write to home about. B&M is just unrealistic for Holiday World's market.

I also do not want a B&M to begin with. Having ridden Manta, I put my money on Mack.

One more thing, as much as I would like this to be intense and thrilling, HW needs an in-between coaster to fill the gap from the Howler to the Raven. Needless to say, that doesn't mean it can't be awesome!

I really want to see both, honestly. We need a Floorless in the area, we also need a good Mack. The closest Floorless is Kraken. Correct? I'm not even sure about the closest Mack.

Why are you so persistent about a floorless??? Have you even ridden a Floorless? They aren't that appealing to begin with. Having ridden Hydra (Allentown is closer than Orlando) and Kraken, they are nothing to write to home about. B&M is just unrealistic for Holiday World's market.

I also do not want a B&M to begin with. Having ridden Manta, I put my money on Mack.

One more thing, as much as I would like this to be intense and thrilling, HW needs an in-between coaster to fill the gap from the Howler to the Raven. Needless to say, that doesn't mean it can't be awesome!

Why would I talk about them if I haven't ridden one? Of course I've rode one!

I just think it is a possibility because the surrounding markets don't have anything close to a Floorless.

I agree with you on this. Holiday World could use a nice family steel coaster.

If it is a MACK, I would really like to see a family launched coaster like Manta. If it isn't that, could it possibly be a water coaster? And if it isn't those two, than maybe Holiday World can get something like Storm at Etnaland, but targeted at families?

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that feels this way, a good intermediate is exactly what HW needs, when little ones outgrow the Howler the Raven can be kind of intense for a bigger coaster for a young child.

Hats off to EB from CoasterRadio for figuring that out! Holiday world is clever! I knew there would be some sort of secret in there...

Figuring what out? Sorry I'm confused.

Yeah he was referring to this Blog post. It would be very clever if it turns out to be a clue.

Hats off to EB from CoasterRadio for figuring that out! Holiday world is clever! I knew there would be some sort of secret in there...

Figuring what out? Sorry I'm confused.

Yeah he was referring to this Blog post. It would be very clever if it turns out to be a clue.

The way I look at it, is that it HAS to be a clue or hint. Think about it. What else would it be! What else is it suppose to be other than to signify coaster footers?

Even thought $13.5 million could probably buy a smaller-scale B&M, I doubt that they would be getting one because it just doesn't fit in with the feel of Holiday World. A B&M here isn't impossible, but I just doubt it. I think it is some sort of steel coaster from Intamin, or maybe Mack Rides. I hope it isn't another wooden coaster, because they already have enough of those, but if they were to get another woodie, I think it should be an RMC because you really can't go wrong with them.

Lance at Screamscape posed an interesting question. Did all the media outlets receive the same pieces of shredded paper or did they all receive a different ones? If so, if all these people people who received the box put together their pieces of paper (which I don't think they all will do), they might be able to put together the pieces like a puzzle.

They said years ago they wanted a steel looper that:

(1) includes a launch

(2) lapbars only

(3) has a height requirement not over 42"

B&M is out. Thankfully

I don't know if this has been pointed a whole bunch yet, but that pretty much describes S&S family launch coasters exactly, and one would fit HW perfectly. I'm pretty sure Mack could also meet those specs, but I feel like S&S got it so right when they built PK and aside from the sensitive sensors it's hard to believe they haven't had any more buyers. HW would be the perfect client for them to focus on.

My guess is this attraction will be a combo of both coaster and water elements. With the 'journey across the ocean' theme you cannot argue there will not be a boat on the water somewhere during the course of this ride.

My guess is this attraction will be a combo of both coaster and water elements. With the 'journey across the ocean' theme you cannot argue there will not be a boat on the water somewhere during the course of this ride.

Maybe something with a splashdown

Is it unreasonable to think/hope that 13.5M could move the Led Zeppelin coaster from Hrp/Fmp to Holiday World?
Actually that would be a wonderful way to get a cheaper B&M coaster. Then they could go. 2-3 years and then add a custom coaster. I just don't know if it would fit in their location. It would do extremely well in the 4th of July section! Only problem is there isn't room for it.

I'm starting to think this will be an expansion with multiple rides. Maybe a steel coaster and a few family flats like a Splash Battle in Giraffica's old spot?

After reading another person's post earlier in this thread, I'll second this. It's probably not just going to be one coaster, but multiple attractions with a possible coaster. Nonetheless, Thanksgiving is sure to dwarf the other sections of the park next year (minus Splashin' Safari).

I'm starting to think this will be an expansion with multiple rides. Maybe a steel coaster and a few family flats like a Splash Battle in Giraffica's old spot?

After reading another person's post earlier in this thread, I'll second this. It's probably not just going to be one coaster, but multiple attractions with a possible coaster. Nonetheless, Thanksgiving is sure to dwarf the other sections of the park next year (minus Splashin' Safari).

I don't know, yes 4th of July has no coasters. But it is one of the biggest areas in the park, IMHO.