TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

As much as I want the coaster to be announced now, I don't want the fun to be sucked out of the official announcement with a layout leak. Id rather it stay a secret...

Edit: read the article and saw it was actually part of the media package. I still stand by my statement and don't want anything to be fully announced until July.

Looks pretty steel to me.

[attachment=0]IMG_1921[1].JPG[/attachment]

I agree, and judging by the footers, I think we can rule out inverted. I'm sure we will soon get some geeks on the case to more accurately determine what type of coaster these footers belong to! (I will try my best )

What if, if it's a Steel coaster, with the recent removal of Giraffrica there was a coaster splash sequence in the same pond? It would fit with the ship coming to Plymouth Rock and all. What else are they going to use a large shallow concrete pong for? It would also fit the location of the rumored tree clearing around Voyage.

I know it is a STRETCH, but does anybody else see similarities between the drawing of footers above, and the footers on Helix?: http://rcdb.com/11048.htm#p=48978

If you mean "do we see something resembling the footers for a small helix?" Then yes. If you mean something resembling the coaster Helix, no. I'd say that's very hasty wishful thinking.

Not that I think you're wrong at all. Just don't think we're really going to get anywhere guessing like that.

As much as I want the coaster to be announced now, I don't want the fun to be sucked out of the official announcement with a layout leak. Id rather it stay a secret...

Edit: read the article and saw it was actually part of the media package. I still stand by my statement and don't want anything to be fully announced until July.

This is exactly what the park wants to happen. They sent these boxes out knowing some crazy coaster nut would out those pieces of paper together. I don't know if they've counted on this person sending it off to their "designer, industry expert, and architect friends." I do agree with you that I would hate to see someone spoil the announcement. HW truly came up with a genius announcement plan and obviously put a lot of time and effort into executing this plan. It would be a shame if someone did so, because they don't have the patience to wait. This ride is still opening at the same time next year whether we know now or in July.

I don't think it's no coincidence that the http://www.66daysatsea.com site was announced the same weekend KK opened. Now these hints and clues drag out over two months of the season, diverting attention away from KK. Then they divert even more attention away when they announce the ride and with construction updates for rest of the year. This all coincides with them steeling all the attention next season.

^ By that Logic Wicked at Lagoon is a Vekoma Product and BomBora and Cannibal are Products of Intamin. FootINGS and Piers aren't all that revealing.

If Holiday World was Located in Utah, I would expect a Pioneer Day Announcement for a Coaster called "Brigham Young's Wild Ride" lol

^ They're not that revealing to us, but to somebody who's been around the industry and has worked on construction sites for rides designed by different companies, it might be be revealing. You just never know. I don't want anybody to spoil if for HW. That is all I'm concerned about. They've obviously put in a lot time, money, and effort into this whole ordeal.

^ I would imagine that is why they only included the plans for the Foundations, Footings, Piers, and Column Numbers, and not the Plans that also Show the Track Elements and Numbers. We're dealing with Holiday World here, not Joe's Backyard Amusement Park in Nowhere, USA. These are some very intelligent and experienced people who have created this teaser campaign, so I'm sure this was anticipated and/or soething they counted on. Since I know someone who does work with such things like Foundations, Footings, and Piers, I've been informed over the years that Foundations and their shapes are determined by the load requirements and not by the ride manufacturer.

No RMC woodie for us

Probably not (yet), but I think the park needs an inverting steel coaster to round out its collection. We all know how good their wood coasters are, but a potential launched coaster with inversions is arguably more marketable and will make the park even more of a destination.

Edited by LogBur

No RMC woodie for us

Probably not (yet), but I think the park needs an inverting steel coaster to round out it's collection. We all know how good their wood coasters are, but a potential launched coaster with inversions is arguably more marketable and will make the park even more of a destination.

Possibly, I hope to find out what kind of coaster HW is getting soon. Hopefully not a inverted coaster, let's hope for a Floorless.

No RMC woodie for us

Probably not (yet), but I think the park needs an inverting steel coaster to round out it's collection. We all know how good their wood coasters are, but a potential launched coaster with inversions is arguably more marketable and will make the park even more of a destination.

Possibly, I hope to find out what kind of coaster HW is getting soon. Hopefully not a inverted coaster, let's hope for a Floorless.

I would not like at all to see a B&M come to this park. I'm more in favor for a MACK launched inverting coaster, but I guess there's always a chance for a B&M.

I don't really get the appeal of floorless coasters outside of the front-row. In the unlikely scenario that the park opted for a B&M sitdown multilooper I guess it might as well be floorless but I just don't see it happening. More bang for the buck can be found with other manufacturers.

^Since that doesn't exist, I would have to guess no. Haha.

But seriously, I think the park has had its fill of prototype technology between the Timberliners and Pilgrim's Plunge/Giraffica.

Edited by LogBur

I'm still thinking a wood coaster with a steel frame and from the emphasis on the children at the website, it sounds to me like it will be very family friendly. Just my take on the emphasizing of "children".

I think you all have high expectations with all this B&M talk. I have no doubt that this expansion will be great, but expecting a 20 plus million dollar B&M is a pipe dream.

Agreed.

If they are, in fact, building a steel coaster it will probably be medium-sized and at least somewhat family friendly (read: 48" height requirement).

If I remember right didn't the Holiblog initially say its going to be a $13.1 million dollar project? I'm thinking probably about the size of The Legend possibly which would fit that money figure.

The press release detailed that the "expansion" will be the largest in park history (>$13.5 million). In year-2000 dollars, Legend only cost $3 million. A wooden coaster its size built today would probably come in around $6 million. The size of the capital expenditure points towards a steel coaster unless they are adding multiple rides.