TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

^^Silverwood. Especially with Topper Track on Tremors.

Silverwood also has the original Arrow corkscrew, which runs reasonably well, and a Vekoma giant inverted boomerang which runs far more reliably than it did at Six Flags.

Tremors with topper track is excellent, I hope Voyage gets some topper track, too. Raven's curve over the lake might be a good application for topper track.

I would bet RMC is also capable of building an all steel coaster as well...

They're using RMC I-Box track on the S&S 4th Dimension "Free Spin" roller coaster. If they ever build a full scale model of this coaster, I can't imagine that they would use wooden supports due to clearance issues. I imagine Alan Schilke would do the design for the steel supports since he knows the track better than anyone else (also designing the first 4th Dimension coaster). I would imagine that he would like to try it out on a normal steel coaster first. This way, he can figure out what changes he might need to make with the 4th Dimension roller coaster. I would not be surprised in anyway if this is where we see the first full RMC steel coaster, using steel supports on the I-Box track. RMC would definitely bring the height I was talking about earlier. MACK would definitely bring the launches I mentioned earlier too.

Silverwood also has the original Arrow corkscrew, which runs reasonably well, and a Vekoma giant inverted boomerang which runs far more reliably than it did at Six Flags.

I love our Maintenance guys!

I had to make an account just to shed light upon something that I'm shocked that no one else has brought up.

http://www.trademarkia.com/holiday-world-hotel-85392870.html

Koch Development Corperation filed for a service mark for "Holiday World Hotel" on August 9th, 2011. KDC is still keeping up with the service mark. It is in its fifth extension, as of March 19th.

With this being said, I could easily see a hotel being part of this huge expansion. (Note, they said expansion, not addition.) The area really lacks hotels. The closest hotel of reasonable size is 10 minutes away in Ferdinand. It would be a wonderful business move IMO.

^^ Well they probably filed that to keep somebody from opening up some hotel trying to claim it's associated with the park (some people will do anything to make a buck off somebody else's success) . They don't need to get into the hotel business. They're not open long enough nor does a visit require a family to visit more than two days. That's only in Mid-July to early August too. There are plenty of hotels in the surrounding area to meet the needs of the park and their guests.

Edited by ZeroGravity55

I had to make an account just to shed light upon something that I'm shocked that no one else has brought up.

http://www.trademarkia.com/holiday-world-hotel-85392870.html

Koch Development Corperation filed for a service mark for "Holiday World Hotel" on August 9th, 2011. KDC is still keeping up with the service mark. It is in its fifth extension, as of March 19th.

With this being said, I could easily see a hotel being part of this huge expansion. (Note, they said expansion, not addition.) The area really lacks hotels. The closest hotel of reasonable size is 10 minutes away in Ferdinand. It would be a wonderful business move IMO.

Weird. I don't know why they would need a hotel. But, I guess whatever works out for their business. I actually feel bad for them, or anyone owning a business. Information gets leaked out so easily, which is supposed to be kept in secret.

I love the 66 days sight and I am sure whatever is brewing for Thanksgiving will be great! One thing is still lacking in the park though ... Halloween really needs a Haunted House attraction of some kind. We went to the park a few weekends ago and had a great time.

Would HW really be that interested in a wing coaster? I mean they are kinda smack dab in the middle of all three US B&M wing coasters... They are within 400 miles of SFGAM, DW and CP.... I'd think they'd want something that'd set them apart more. I could very well be wrong.

I love the 66 days sight and I am sure whatever is brewing for Thanksgiving will be great! One thing is still lacking in the park though ... Halloween really needs a Haunted House attraction of some kind. We went to the park a few weekends ago and had a great time.

Vekoma Mad House?

Vekoma Mad House?

Well, that could definitely add to the sea-sickness portion of Thanksgiving. But in terms of owning a dark ride, they do have Gobbler's Getaway. I also heard they had a little temporary glow-in-the-dark walk-through during their Halloween season last year.

Holiday World to me is about traditional rides. A Wing Coaster would not fit the park at all, just outta the question. I don't consider Gobbler Getaway a dark ride, to me it is just a glorified shooting gallery. A classic haunted dark ride would be an awesome addition to the park

This is going to be a long wait; I'm speculating this will be a B&M wing coaster with splashdown...

That would probably put to much stress on the vehicle, given it's unorthodox and wide-load design.

Vekoma Mad House?

Now that I would like to see. Mad Houses are lots of fun, and this would be a great new family ride for Holiday World.

God I hope it's not a wing coaster. Last thing I need is more shoulder pain.

I would be very disappointed if the new coaster was a wing coaster. I would not really like any B&M at HW at all, they just don't really fit with their collection. I would like a steel coaster, but I think Holiday World will focus on bringing a world-class coaster again like with Voyage.

One thing is still lacking in the park though ... Halloween really needs a Haunted House attraction of some kind.

That would make a ton of sense! It would really help the section live up to its theme. And I know they'd be able to make it as family-friendly as they think it needs to be, like I'm sure their seasonal Halloween attractions are.

^That's why I think a Mad House would be perfect. It would deliver enough of a thrill to keep guests of all ages happy, and the theming could be "scary cute" like the rest of Halloween.

Recreation of Crystal Beach Cyclone!

Just kidding. Since Alan and Joe are both in Ride Centerline, can we say that Chance steel coaster somehow IS RMC steel coaster?

Anyway, when a park does a long count down before the announcement and takes it really seriously, the result is usually great. I just hope it is not a B&M wing coaster or a Volare.