TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

What I really want to see in the KI-KK-HW Area is a Floorless coaster. We have the Hypers, flying, loopers, inverted. But, that is IMO. Holiday World will get what best fits their market range.

I second that post.

You are also missing a good intense intamin coaster..

Since I didn't make it last weekend I am going tomorrow if the weather holds out. I had thought about going today but the weather here in Indy wasn't that good.

Can't wait to finally be able to ride The Voyage. I have heard so many things about this ride and I really want to add it to my list.

^ Have fun! Bit of advice, I would start out riding The Raven, The Legend, and The Voyage in that order. Since you're new to HW, it would help you work your way up. The Voyage is a different animal, compared to The Raven and Legend. Prepare yourself for an endurance test. You'll be worn out, and beaten up little bit at the end of every ride, but you'll somehow find yourself in line time, and time again.

Prepare yourself for an endurance test. You'll be worn out, and beaten up little bit at the end of every ride, but you'll somehow find yourself in line time, and time again.

Quoted for truth, it's quite an adventurous beast. But if you already like intense roller coasters, you'll probably like this one as well! So have fun!

What a long azz day, lol.

Woke up and watched some F1 Qualifying from Spain. Kept checking the weather to see what was going to happen with all of the storms that were going thru southern Indiana.

Took a chance yesterday and man I wasn't disappointed.

Let me first say this. My experience with wooden coasters is not that big. I have never been a huge fan. Sure they are fun but I have always liked steel more.

Good god, The Voyage is fun. It rained a couple of times yesterday so I only rode its the only coaster that I rode. I totally understand why people love wooden coasters.

Sure, it's pretty rough in the spaghetti bowl but it's not that bad. The freaking 90' turns are probably the most interesting part for me. Every coaster should have those, lol. Diamondback at KI has a poop ton of air time. I would have never thought that a wooden coaster could have so many negative G's, boy was I wrong, lol.

To end it, I enjoyed the ride more than I thought. They really do have something special down there. The problem is, it's not enough. KI is closer, has more rides and is a better value to me. HW is a great park. The free drinks and parking everyone should do that. But for what I paid, $40 it just seems like not a good deal. Don't get me wrong, great park, clean as hell, free drinks, free parking. But they need more rides. Until that, I will be spending my time at KI or CP.

Regardless of that. The Voyage is now in my top 3 coasters of all time. Man that thing is bad ass.

Glad you enjoyed it, but seeing those photos of Voyage brings back painful memories for me!

In regards to the pricing, I could see your point especially if you didn't spend half of the day in their awesome water park.Throw in the water park on a hot day and it's well worth the price of admission.

Good to hear you liked Voyage. Were the other coasters not running in the rain? Rain can be an opportunistic time for us coaster nerds, you know (depending on the park, I guess).

The park is growing slowly. I have a feeling you'll want to go back soon. Nothing like Voyage (even though Legend is my favorite). As for the price, you could look at it as parking, pop and sunblock included. And depending on the lines (they are usually short and fast), it's like a flash/fast pass included (with the good operations!).

The problem is, it's not enough. KI is closer, has more rides and is a better value to me. HW is a great park. The free drinks and parking everyone should do that. But for what I paid, $40 it just seems like not a good deal. Don't get me wrong, great park, clean as hell, free drinks, free parking. But they need more rides. Until that, I will be spending my time at KI or CP.

Holiday World is a family-run amusement park. It started out extremely small and has expanded a lot over the years. My family spent 2 full days at the park and didn't run out of things to do. I mean, they don't have money like Cedar Fair does to add a giant coaster every year. I love the park for what it is: it is small but still offers a lot of high quality attractions.

You should look into Holiwood Nights if you want "value" for HW. 2 four hour night ride sessions on the woodies, water park ERT, food, and just an awesome time. I find it the best way to visit the park (and get to see some great friends I don't get to see often enough). Riding the Voyage at night, pitch black, in the front or back rows is something words cannot describe.

Riding the Voyage at night, pitch black, in the front or back rows is something words cannot describe.

Oh, I don't know...I could probably come up with a few:

Spine adjustment

ER

In traction

Back brace

Whiplash

OW OW OWWWW!!!

Could somebody who frequents HW or is possibly going sometime soon try to get some pics of the construction activity if possible?

Someone who visited the park last weekend said that it is a small clearing of trees by the Voyage's hill. Until the Voyage walk back, getting a clear picture of the land clearing is nearly impossible right now.

Could somebody who frequents HW or is possibly going sometime soon try to get some pics of the construction activity if possible?

Someone who visited the park last weekend said that it is a small clearing of trees by the Voyage's hill. Until the Voyage walk back, getting a clear picture of the land clearing is nearly impossible right now.

Thank you for the info!

I forgot to add that they were only running 1 train the entire day. I guess they were working on the other one. That really slowed things down.

No, the other rides weren't running in the rain. I guess it was the lightning.

Water parks for me are a no go as I don't really enjoy them. I am a coaster nerd through and through.

I really would like to go back at some point and ride the others as they seem like a bunch of fun. Riding them in the dark would be bad azz for sure. The Beast and MF are my top coasters at night, I am sure The Voyage might replace one of those, lol.

^The next time you visit, I would highly recommend trying out the water coasters, even if you're not a water park person. Wildebeest has some serious "butt-off-the-raft" air time in the front seat, and you don't get all that wet, compared to most water slides.

^ I'll second that. I wouldn't ride Mammoth if you don't like getting soaked with a lot of water.

I forgot to add that they were only running 1 train the entire day.

The attendance probably didn't justify a second train, nor does the ride need to take that type of beating yet.

No, the other rides weren't running in the rain. I guess it was the lightning.

If their was lighting, all of the rides would have been shut down (park policy), until the lighting stopped. My guess, maintenance probably walked The Voyage first and it opened up before the rest.

The problem is, it's not enough. KI is closer, has more rides and is a better value to me. HW is a great park. The free drinks and parking everyone should do that. But for what I paid, $40 it just seems like not a good deal. Don't get me wrong, great park, clean as hell, free drinks, free parking. But they need more rides. Until that, I will be spending my time at KI or CP.

It's a two for one value park. When the waterpark isn't open, it sucks, but that's how they advertise it and that's how they have to charge it. I can understand why you would rather spend your money at other parks, but consider coming to HW a little more often. The more support they get, the more money they make. Hence, the more rides they're able to build and please you.

If you visit when the water park is open, (compared to a CF or SF ticket) your ticket includes:

Water Park Admission (separate admission at several parks)

Free Parking (10-25 dollars elsewhere)

Free Unlimited Soda (3-4 dollars elsewhere)

Free sunscreen (not provided at many parks)

And as he ^ stated above, it's just 32 freakin bucks being an card-carrying enthusiast, plus local Pepsi cans can shave off another 4-7 bucks!! Happy Halloween Weekends sells $30 tickets in the fall.

Sure, they don't have major thrill rides like CP and KI. It's a family park for a reason...

Edited by Koasterking48

I would agree. I am a member of a coaster club just not TPR, I know, blasphemy, lol.

I have a Platinum Pass for the Cedar Fair parks which gets a workout each summer.

Again, for me, it's not a great deal. I really did enjoy the park though. It's clean, the free soda needs to be done at every park IMO the rides are great and the atmosphere is amazing.

With KI being an hour closer that will remain my home park though.

I have heard amazing things about the water park at HW from friends that have gone.

One last point. I can now say that The Voyage is much, much better than The Beast. It's not even close. Sorry Beast fans.

One last point. I can now say that The Voyage is much, much better than The Beast. It's not even close. Sorry Beast fans.

To me, the Voyage alone makes Holiday World worth the trek (which is 6 hrs from home). You should really consider Holiwood Nights, I think it is the best way to experience Holiday World /and/ Splahsin' Safari.