TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

^ I get the Texas, Georgia, Western States Drought problems, etc.,but Indiana? lol

While the 2012 drought was no where near as severe as your guys' droughts, it was still pretty bad for the Midwest area. We went several hot weeks (highs of 95 deg.+) without any precipitation of any kind. They actually had to shut down Pilgrims Plunge for a few weeks to reduce the amount of water HW used.

Thanks for that Map! Lagoon was able to reduce water usage several years ago by 1.2 Million Gallons Annually by building their own Reverse Osmosis/Water Treatment Plant and an Existing On Property Well. With the Co-Gen producing 3.1 Mega Watts, I think Lagoon is the Only Park than can Operate without outside Water and Power.

^I'd imagine that move was more as a last step to try and salvage the attraction. I'm guessing the decision was made after seeing how it operated during that season, that it was no longer a viable operating attraction for either side of the park.

If they were planning on removing this a year ago they wouldn't have spent the time renaming it and adding it to Splashin' Safari.

That required very few resources to do such things. ^Completely agree that this was the last thing they wanted to do. Maybe management wanted the ride to hold out as Giraffica for another year or two, but decided that 2013 was the final straw.

I wouldn't be shocked if they're planning the announcement for May 15 when they've invited card-carrying members of coaster clubs for a free day in the park. The bottom line of the information about the day says:

"One More Thing: You won’t want to miss this walk in the woods. So don’t."

I wouldn't be shocked if they're planning the announcement for May 15 when they've invited card-carrying members of coaster clubs for a free day in the park. The bottom line of the information about the day says:

"One More Thing: You won’t want to miss this walk in the woods. So don’t."

That would awesome. I think it would be smarter to announce a new attraction at the beginning of the season, only because more people would visit to see construction.

Even though you can see that area by the Highway.

That would awesome. I think it would be smarter to announce a new attraction at the beginning of the season, only because more people would visit to see construction.

Even though you can see that area by the Highway.

Seeing as Voyage was announced in July, I believe, I would anticipate this is an even bigger addition, if they do intend to announce as early as May. We'll see. I look forward to finding more hints, and the speculation is always a fun game.

^ Self-promotion doesn't have to be untrue, you know? Matt called me all excited after his first Voyage ride of the season - and I gave him a hard time (in my ever-so-charming way) for not taking photos for me to post. So we created a graphic by him texting me what he'd just told me on the phone.

Thanks for following us!

^^^ I think that I could have worded that better. I was just a bit skeptical of changing the whole coaster experience (which I hope is true). There is nothing wrong with it and I absolutely love the fact that you guys give a lot attention to your coaster cats. Most other places, their work would go unappreciated.

I'll be there Saturday. Great to hear about The Voyage riding well! Hopefully it holds up through the whole season. Last year when I was at Holiwood Nights it was running pretty well, then I went again in October, and my last ride shook me up enough that I had to call it quits for the day. I am incredibly thankful that The Voyage (and the other woodies as well) are under the care of the coaster cats. They always go above and beyond what most maintenance teams do with their coasters.

Take this for what it's worth. Screamscape is just reporting what is given to them, but apparently Screamscape has Holiday World "spies" and they're reporting that land is being cleared around the 2nd hill on The Voyage. It's supposed to do with the rumored 2015 steel coaster. Doesn't look like much, but the photos look pretty recent.

Here's the link: http://www.screamscape.com/html/holiday_world.htm

Here's the two photos the "spies" sent in.