TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

^ Unless they remove an attraction, there is simply no room for a dark ride in Halloween. Plus, the topography wouldn't really support a large building for a dark ride.

Hmm--I don't know. Seems to me there's plenty of room on the other side or Raven (where the access road runs to the lake). Where there's a will, there's a way.

^ Unless they remove an attraction, there is simply no room for a dark ride in Halloween. Plus, the topography wouldn't really support a large building for a dark ride.

Hmm--I don't know. Seems to me there's plenty of room on the other side or Raven (where the access road runs to the lake). Where there's a will, there's a way.

This is the space you are referring to:

image.jpg.adb46ccc7b839ae22a6279e5170ab753.jpg

While the image was taken in 2005, nothing has changed (other than the new diving show seating)

It's not as large as it looks, but if they really wanted to, they could fit a dark ride building there. But, like I said earlier, this land is not flat and the building would either require major landscaping or being built with a (ugly) concrete foundation that will stick out.

What about the direction heading towards the park's log flume. I've never been down that way, but I'm sure they could make a path leading to more space from there?

This picture is also about where you are talking about

^placing a ride there would definitely take away from the "in the woods" feel of both the Raven and the helix section of the Legend

I don't think so. Most of those rides take place farther into the woods, plus there would still be a layer of trees in between the coasters and the show building. The back of the show building could be painted to match the trees as well.

I still don't see a dark ride going in that spot though.

Really?

I would say that with the use of earth movers, the topography is not a concern if they decide to build another dark ride.

^ Ok, regardless of topography or landscape, it's just not a sufficient location for an attraction at all. It'd be awkwardly shoehorned behind the dive show. I'd say remove or relocate Scarecrow Scrambler and demolish part of the games building (or all of it) to make room for a walk-through attraction or a medium-sized Halloween dark ride.

If Holiday World wanted to add another Dark Ride, it could be fit in the Halloween Section. There is plenty of room between the Legend and Splashin' Safaris Entrance. But they will focus on Thanksgiving now, to build it up, so it will eventually have another Holiday, to connect it back to the 4th Of July.

^ Because they can't just spend $20 million at once to expand, I think they just had to get started with Hyena Falls, the small food stand, and the bathroom. Five to ten years down the road, I have no doubt that it will feel just as much part of the water park as the other side of the Voyage does.

^Part of me thinks that new covered bridge is there to semi hide the fact that that walkway goes right over a maintenance road.

This would be very similar to SF Great America. There is a covered bridge going into most sections of the park, some of which are over service roads themselves. It's a great idea shade wise and aesthetic wise. I just wish parks would add new "living" tunnels similar to SF Over Georgia or SF St. Louis. Those things are so cool looking and tend to feel even cooler than a 'normal' shade structure.

Don't forget covered bridges are the perfect places for parties in the middle of thunderstorms!

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

There must be a maintenance agreement or something between Holiday World and Gravity Group.

There could be, but that would seem weird considering HW does all their maintenance in house. They only brought TGG into re-profile the turn around on The Voyage a couple years ago and that was just the design part. HW did the rebuild themselves if I remember correctly. It wouldn't surprise me if they did have an agreement of some kind though. Those guys just designed all three of their woodies.

As for topper track on the Voyage. If HW decides to do it, I hope they do the whole ride and fix it for good. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing RMC trains on the ride either. If there is topper track on the Voyage, it should be considered a wooden roller coaster. Just like all the other wooden coasters that have topper track.