TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

^ If you visit in May or early June, then there really is no need to make it a two day trip. I've found that the weekdays in May are truly the best time to visit. Apart from one train operation on all the coasters and the majority of the crowd being school kids, everything is a virtual walk-on, except for the Voyage. The worst I've seen that get was a 10 min wait after everyone filed out of the waterpark.

Thank you Raven Maven, and no need to apologize! I still had a fantastic day on my visit! I got to ride several of the slides, and I finally got to ride The Voyage, which was something I had wanted since it opened!

^ Sorry about that! June is typically the best month to visit - avoiding Saturdays, of course. Fathers Day tends to be quite slow.

Thanks for giving us another try!

To add to this I find Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays in June almost guarantee walk ons for the majority of the slides, while Mammoth, Wildebeest, and possibly Zinga have >10 minute waits. And everything in the dry park is usually a walk on as well.

Thank you Raven Maven, and no need to apologize! I still had a fantastic day on my visit! I got to ride several of the slides, and I finally got to ride The Voyage, which was something I had wanted since it opened!

How rough was it

I did not find it rough at all! The only part that was a bit rough was a bout a 20 foot stretch of track just after the Onride Photo right before the station fly by. I found The Voyage to be absolutely phenominal, and it took my spot for number one!

Public Service Announcement from your friends at Holiday World:

Anyone out there always wanted to try out John Iver's "Blue Flash" backyard coaster here in southern Indiana? If you're available to do this on Saturday, Nov. 16 (on camera, of course), please send me an email (the "fun" account at HolidayWorld.com) and I'll send you contact info for the production company involved. (I'm told there's a 200 lb. weight limit.)

Thanks, Paula

Public Service Announcement from your friends at Holiday World:

Anyone out there always wanted to try out John Iver's "Blue Flash" backyard coaster here in southern Indiana? If you're available to do this on Saturday, Nov. 16 (on camera, of course), please send me an email (the "fun" account at HolidayWorld.com) and I'll send you contact info for the production company involved. (I'm told there's a 200 lb. weight limit.)

Thanks, Paula

That's my hometown! I'll be sure to send you an email when I get off work!

Now that KK has made its announcements, I'm really looking forward to what HW 2015 addition will be! They have to push the competition now more so than ever. I would not be surprised if HW 2015 addtion will break records for the region, especially since they do not have such strict regulations like KK (height restriciton). Thoughts?

Holiday World. If you build it. We will come.

Guy "If you don't, we'll come anyway. Cause you're close. And, a fun park to visit. And we like you. But we'll come angry! And... ...then be... ...swept away by your charm, and free sunscreen. But we'll leave! And we'll... ...probably be pretty darn satisfied with our day. But not as satisfied as we would have been with a MAC launched coaster along that back side of the hill! Yeah! Yeah! So take that Holiday World! If that's who you really are?!" Koepp