TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Glad to finally see a swinging ship at my home park! Mayflower is such a fitting name!

As for the "starting with" comment in the video, I'm putting my money on saying that they are "starting with" more additions to Holiday World over the next few years rather than Splashin Safari. Hopefully, though, I'm wrong and we see another flat announced as well.

^Anyone who has ridden Hades 360 says its absolutely terrible. I think a new company could be a better option.

I dont think it was RMC fault, Mt. Olympus gave RMC and Hades a certain budget and only wanted them to do so much

Its Gravity Group, and budget aside, their coasters don't age well at all. That's more of where I was coming from.

^Anyone who has ridden Hades 360 says its absolutely terrible. I think a new company could be a better option.

I dont think it was RMC fault, Mt. Olympus gave RMC and Hades a certain budget and only wanted them to do so much

Its Gravity Group, and budget aside, their coasters don't age well at all. That's more of where I was coming from.

RMC is the company that comes in and fixes all the CCI/Gravity Group coasters. You could probably make a argument that RMC wouldn't exist if it wasn't for CCI/TGG. But that is a argument for another day.

RMC is the company that comes in and fixes all the CCI/Gravity Group coasters. You could probably make a argument that RMC wouldn't exist if it wasn't for CCI/TGG. But that is a argument for another day.

LOL, I know what RMC is.. But I wasn't saying RMC should do anything. Any company other GG I think would be a better idea for a NEW coaster. Not to fix the coasters that are there.

^ Lol probably shouldn't of full quoted that! I was actually responding to jk1w.

Yes I know that the Hades wasn't built by RMC, but RMC did come in and fixed it into Hades 360. (sorry should have been a little bit more clear)

Any company other GG I think would be a better idea for a NEW coaster. Not to fix the coasters that are there.

^True, though some park's just like to fix what they got rather then worry about taking out or making room for a new coaster, just saying lol

^ Lol probably shouldn't of full quoted that! I was actually responding to jk1w.

Yes I know that the Hades wasn't built by RMC, but RMC did come in and fixed it into Hades 360. (sorry should have been a little bit more clear)

Any company other GG I think would be a better idea for a NEW coaster. Not to fix the coasters that are there.

^True, though some park's just like to fix what they got rather then worry about taking out or making room for a new coaster, just saying lol

No they didn't... Gravity Group built the original coaster, and Gravity Group came back to make Hades 360. RMC has NOTHING to do with Hades 360. Now, back to the Awesome Holiday World announcement.

No they didn't, The Gravity Group added the inversion and overbank turn.

http://thegravitygroup.com/gravitycast/gravity-group-sends-wooden-roller-coaster-upside-down/

Ah ok, I thought I read somewhere that it did, but proves me wrong lol

But anyway back to Holiday World

The other additions sound great too, especially the added restaurant in the water park. Holiday World certainly seems to have a long term commitment to the guest experience, as they continually upgrade their infrastructure and amenities.

This is what sets Holiday World apart from most parks. I'm glad that they're spending their money wisely, and not throwing a bunch of rides down in a field, without thinking about what the next 10-20 years are going to look like.

So True, they're not it for the Now, they know that got that made. They look towards the Future and what it may bring.

I was trying to figure out which parks have a Chance ship, and I ran across this nugget on Wikipedia:

which looks like a milder cousin to the old "stand up swings" (I can't remember the name of them right now) - the really dangerous looking stand up rocking swings that can't exist in parks today. That's a whole other discussion though

Which parks have Chance ships?

Edit - aha! I found a pic of the flying swings:

Kiddieland in Schererville, Indiana had one, but I don't remember seeing people on it.

^ I actually still see the stand up cages at those olden-time style fairs where people go to show off their steam engines, those and those big old swings were each side pulled the rope to make it swing quite high.