TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

^ I just thought that might be a good area for them to be hiding something like footers. Who would ever think to look over there while riding The Legend? You really never know what might be going on behind the trees at Holiday World. They were able to hide what little work that was being done on The Voyage behind the trees, before they announced it.

If the new addition is to the Halloween section, why would they announce it on Sept 13th and not wait till, actual Halloween. I understand that it's a Friday the thirteenth, but that really has nothing to do with Halloween, where as Oct 31st IS Halloween.

^ That's what I'm trying to figure out! Paula has said on Facebook that they plan on talking about 2014 next month, then she told somebody yesterday that the announcement day would give away what they're doing. It's all confusing! The name might have something to do with Friday the 13th though. The naming of the rides in Halloween section has been a little bit more elaborate than the rest of the dry park. The Raven was named after Edgar Allen Poe's poem The Raven and The Legend was named after Washington Irving's short story The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.

Can't wait to see what Holiday World adds. I love Frightful Falls but it is a bit dated, I'd love to see them upgrade that attraction and maybe extend the layout to include some indoor sections, maybe a second lift and series of drops before the final lift and drop.

I always thought some kind of indoor/outdoor log flume themed to a playful haunted house could work really well in that section of the park.

I think it is obvious that Holiday World will announces a new Labor Day area of the park on Labor Day!

Paula, sorry to steal your thunder.

Dang, you got it! Wait till you see the new Sally dark ride we have planned ... take a ride through the labor and delivery process over the centuries. It'll be a screamer!

I think it is obvious that Holiday World will announces a new Labor Day area of the park on Labor Day!

Dang, you got it! Wait till you see the new Sally dark ride we have planned ... take a ride through the labor and delivery process over the centuries. It'll be a screamer!

that sounds like a clone almost of the most disturbing walk-through from the Mexico TPR trip earlier this year!

The only thing that seems weird about a Halloween addition is that I remember them saying that they want to work on expanding the park outward by Thanksgiving first to help spread people out instead of overcrowding the front.

But who knows, they could be getting "The Bat" wing coaster from the fake Kings Island leaked webpage back by the legend helix.

^^ What about those spinning splash battle ones. Either one of those would do wonders in that area of the park!

I hope I'm not getting the wrong idea of what you meant...

Isn't talk like a pirate day coming up in September?

Convenient how she didn't respond to this...

Pirate Splash Battle back by Giraffica anyone?

With as many issues as there has been with Giraffica, perhaps they're tearing it down and putting in a Splash Battle as a replacement?

Grand Parents Day is Sept 8th... maybe they're building a themed section to that holiday with the main attraction being a Country Kitchen Buffet that serves a dinner special from 2 pm to 4 pm daily. Next to it will be a duck pond and a bingo hall. Unfortunately, it will close at 6 pm each day, but it will open at 5 am...