TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

^Yep. The old Nut Tree in Vacaville, California, is a good example. When I was a kid, it was a great "destination" restaurant with a cool toy store and gift shop, private airstrip, and beautiful gardens (complete with a little train that ran from the toy store to the airstrip and back). Then the original owners died, leaving a fragmented family that wasn't interested in running a restaurant and tourist attraction.

The result? Yet another generic shopping center. Ugh! (Used to love the old Nut Tree's "Turkey Tamale" and "Mini-Hamburgers.")

Edited by cfc

Giraffica is staying in the same spot as before, but I believe the location for the new water slides is one of the reasons it was "moved" into Splashin' Safari, but not entirely sure. Paula or someone else might be able to answer that one more thoroughly.

The name change though, since it's not part of the Thanksgiving section anymore, it would be silly to have it still named Pilgrims' Plunge when it's in Splashin' Safari. Also I see it allows people to be in bare feet in order to ride now too, with a 47" height requirement without shoes and 48" height requirement with them.

We announced the name change back in October - it's because of the "boundary" change. The ride will now be in Splashin' Safari, hence the safari animal reference. Say it fast - like a superhero name: Giraffica!

Meanwhile ... sort of a pretty sunset tonight, don't you think?

Sunset-1-16-13.thumb.jpg.2286e52f2292e321df2e3c096f8f6d89.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Just a few pictures showing off random bits and pieces of construction! Holiday World Facebook.

90.thumb.jpg.b8beee96c3946431bc9e3b2057518e58.jpg

Our Coaster Cats are hard at working getting Voyage ready for the 2013 season. (This photo is nearly as disorienting as the ride!)

fix.thumb.jpg.057fcce2f005432be8a0fdd045bb06c1.jpg

One of the coasters getting some TLC!

slide.thumb.jpg.10efe718100dc931804737188c741ff1.jpg

It's probably too early to call this a sign of spring ... but aren't these colors pretty on this gloomy winter's day?

peek.thumb.jpg.6d1157f34399423f66d4c2409cf1b27f.jpg

Peek-A-Boo!

Great pictures! Everyone is keeping hush hush on the Timberliners. Makes sense, until they are certain they will make it the whole season. I'd be curious to hear some detailed reports of the Timberliners on the 2 coasters they are on now. Hows the lap room? Do you get stapled? When I tried out the test seats a few years ago, they did seem a bit awkward. But then again, I'm 6-1/220, and it seemed I didn't have a lot of room for my arm on the side of the car, but the side was too high to rest my arm on.

Nice photos. I really like the one of Voyage. I really hope this work on Voyage helps a ton.

They completely redesigned and rebuilt parts of the turnaround and it was certainly noticeable this summer. I just hope it starts to make its way to the spaghetti bowl because that stretch is getting very rough.

Great pictures! Everyone is keeping hush hush on the Timberliners. Makes sense, until they are certain they will make it the whole season. I'd be curious to hear some detailed reports of the Timberliners on the 2 coasters they are on now. Hows the lap room? Do you get stapled? When I tried out the test seats a few years ago, they did seem a bit awkward. But then again, I'm 6-1/220, and it seemed I didn't have a lot of room for my arm on the side of the car, but the side was too high to rest my arm on.

We've been on Wooden Warrior at Quassy and Twister at Gröna Lund, and nothing sticks out in our minds about the trains. They do have a high cushioned side but I can't remember much else. We definitely enjoyed both coasters. I hope that the Timberliners work out for Voyage.

We've been on Wooden Warrior at Quassy and Twister at Gröna Lund, and nothing sticks out in our minds about the trains. They do have a high cushioned side but I can't remember much else. We definitely enjoyed both coasters. I hope that the Timberliners work out for Voyage.

How did you like the lap bars? Are they better than PTC ratchet bars? Do you have more room to move around? When I tried out the test seat a Holiday World a few years ago, we were instructed to not close the lap bars as they didn't have the air pump to open them yet. Of course, a few minutes later someone closed the bar and sat there for a while. At least they had a good view of Voyage during ERT!

I don't remember being stapled or auto-stapled on Wooden Warrior, but I don't remember having a lot of space, either. The seats and lap bars seemed very comfy and allowed me to enjoy the airtime (true, it isn't extreme on that one, but there's plenty of it). For me, no drawbacks come to mind, and I've been speaking up for them!