TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Because removing the entire Kiddie Area for a steel coaster makes complete sense.

They already have another kid area, and the only ride worth saving is the kid coaster, but it could easily be moved into a new location.

I give up.

Rename the Voyage when it gets the new Timberliners?

I wouldn't expect anything major -- just a couple of weeks ago Dan Koch was quoted as saying:

"We did a great big project for 2012, so there may not be a big project in 2013," Koch said. "But I promise you, there are big, big projects coming for 2014, 2015 and 2016. They are already on the drawing board, but I am sworn to secrecy."

The New Indiana Voyage?

In all seriousness I look forward to the upcoming announcements.

Rename the Voyage when it gets the new Timberliners?

I wouldn't expect anything major -- just a couple of weeks ago Dan Koch was quoted as saying:

"We did a great big project for 2012, so there may not be a big project in 2013," Koch said. "But I promise you, there are big, big projects coming for 2014, 2015 and 2016. They are already on the drawing board, but I am sworn to secrecy."

Well that's very exciting for the future, especially that they are "big" projects and not just minor. We'll see how these years play out.

And very interesting, I wonder what could be renamed..

You guys are missing the part that says:

From Holiday World's Email Newsletter:

Stay tuned for the 2013 reveal - something for each park, plus the re-naming of a major ride. We'll have the update in next week's newsletter (if you'd like to know sooner, watch our website and Facebook page for the announcement Tuesday).

My predictions-

HW- Timberliners for Voyage

SS- Re-naming of a slide? But IDK why? Maybe a new "Bonzai Pipeline"-ish slide with the name "Amazoom"?

I think it's somewhat obvious what the two parks are likely getting, and it won't end up being something completely new. Rather, it will be something that was delayed.

Holiday World: Timberliners on Voyage

Splashin' Safari: 8-person boats on Mammoth

There won't be any significant new attraction since it was previously stated 2014-2016 each have one and both parks got something new this year. I could be wrong, but I'd be surprised if they announce a new ride at all. As for the name change, no idea, but it likely will not be a headliner, just another major ride.

Edited by rcdude

It will be interesting to see what is happening with those Timberliners. From Holiday World through my manager at my park (HW and Waldameer are buddies), the issues have been centered around durability of the trains. Last time I heard some parts on the trains were basically being shook apart. Timberliners have been a massive success on smaller woodies, but they haven't been able as of yet to perform as well on a large woodie like Voyage. I'm rooting for them though. 2013 I finally get to take on the Voyage.

^Chad Miller of the GG team said in a video Holiday World posted a while back that the new Voyage timberliners will be different from the other timberliners on Wooden Warrior and Twister. By that he probably means much stronger and able to withstand the crazy forces of the Voyage.

I'm willing to bet that if Voyage got topper track, it would easily reclaim the #1 spot. If you put Voyage and El Toro up to comparison and make them both just as smooth and re-ridable, IMHO Voyage would win every time. It's got all of the things that make ET good, plus tunnels, three 90-banked turns, and it lasts a lot longer.

Not to mention being located in a park that is actually clean, friendly, and not full of Jersey Shore rejects.

(edited to add) Plus, it would reduce the jarring stress on the Timberliners if it were really smooth....

My prediction:

Paul Revere's Midnight Ride will be back and placed in the Halloween section where the high dive show is with a name like Monster or Spider. The high dive show will be moved to Splashin' Safari with a new stadium and the Timberliners and Mammoth rafts will be ready.

I'm willing to bet that if Voyage got topper track, it would easily reclaim the #1 spot. If you put Voyage and El Toro up to comparison and make them both just as smooth and re-ridable, IMHO Voyage would win every time. It's got all of the things that make ET good, plus tunnels, three 90-banked turns, and it lasts a lot longer.

Not to mention being located in a park that is actually clean, friendly, and not full of Jersey Shore rejects.

(edited to add) Plus, it would reduce the jarring stress on the Timberliners if it were really smooth....

Regardless of the issues that Voyage has had, I feel that Holiday World and GG have a great relationship and that relationship would be hurt if Holiday World gave Voyage topper track. Moreover, I really don't think that GG would appreciate having Timberliners on a ride that was retracked by a competitor.

New additions for 2013!

www.holidayworld.com/holiblog

The theme is "cool" for 2013!

As you may have noticed, the summer of 2012 was one of the hottest on record.

We sure noticed.

So, from looking around the parks to see where the longest lines were, where the bottlenecks occured, plus listening to your many comments and suggestions, here's a countdown list of how we're spending $6.5 million for next season:

10. Happy Halloween Weekends expand to six weekends, starting in mid-September

9. New entry plaza for Splashin' Safari plus 20 more cabanas

8. New after-dark light show for summer nights

7. Misters and fans, plus more shade and seating throughout both parks

6. Kitty's Tea Party - a classic tea-cup family ride in Holidog's FunTown

5. Pilgrims Plunge "moving" to Splashin' Safari with a new name: Giraffica

4. See below

3. See below

2. See below

RhinoBlaster! Four new in-the-dark water slides, ranging from 300- to 350-feet long and with drops up to 50 feet! One of the slides includes a really cool half-pipe feature near the base of the drop. Have a blast on these fast, dark, double-inner tube slides!

Dan and his mom take you on a tour of the park for a look at all of the above, plus a few more details in this new video.

We've set up a ConstructionCam on the side of Pilgrims Plunge ... er, Giraffica ... so you can watch construction of RhinoBlaster. This northeast portion of the park, by the way, will be the future site of expansion for both parks. Stay tuned as we add incredible new rides to both parks in years to come!

And a YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocLKj8pYNW4

I for one am impressed with everything they are doing, just a year after the major addition of Mammoth. A couple new attractions, a new light show, and many other solid improvements to the park. Can't wait to check them out next year!

Edited by Hhappy

So one of the best waterpark in America is adding four more slides and more capacity? Holiday World wins again! I also love to see them re-theme Pilgrims Plunge and add it exclusively to Splashin Safari, I don't know why more "water parks" don't include theme park style water rides (log flumes, rapids, splash battles, chute the chutes) in their lineups, seem like a perfect fit that Holiday World has figured out!

If your reading this, congrats on the announcements Paula, and good luck preparing for what looks to be a fantastic 2013!

Hmm. Interesting that they are "moving" Pilgrims Plunge to the water park. I kind if like the new name. Does anyone know if the new slide complex is going to go near it?

This water park needs to take a page from Cowabunga Bay and add shade. Edit, just reread the announcement and noticed the "misters and shade".

Edited by Moose

Saw the markers this past weekend but didn't think it would be a waterpark expansion going there, great looking slides! Plus a new entrance for Splashin Safari, I wonder where that will be?

Halloween weekends was great so I'm glad they are adding more weekends, lighter crowds and it was a much better experience for my daughter compared to last year at Kings Island since she still is not tall enough to ride all the coasters there and is a little scared of the monsters that walk around.

I'm interested to see what this means for future theme park expansion and going in that direction of the park, considering the attractions that were hinted at for '14,'15, and '16.

Edited by CoasterWeasel

Holiday World has sent us their official press release announcing the details of their $6.5 million in investments for 2013.

Following one of the hottest summers on record, Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari are creating more ways for families to stay cool in 2013. That’s according to park president Dan Koch, who says the investment of $6.5 million provides everything from a new water-slide complex to misters throughout both parks.

“We’re adding four new in-the-dark water slides in a complex called RhinoBlaster,” says Koch. “The longest slide is 350 feet and includes a half-pipe element - similar to our Zinga water ride – for a really cool back-and-forth skate-boarding effect.”

Splashin’ Safari will gain a second ride, as the Pilgrims Plunge shoot-the-chute ride becomes part of the water park and is renamed Giraffica.

“We’re not moving the ride, just the park boundary,” says Koch. “Splashin’ Safari’s entrance will also be expanded and we’re adding a new style of loc kers. This is part of our ongoing effort to improve our guests’ experience here at the park.” Splashin’ Safari is ranked as the nation’s #1 water park by TripAdvisor.com, the world’s largest travel website.

In Holiday World, a classic teacup ride – Kitty’s Tea Party – will be added to Holidog’s FunTown, plus a larger high-dive pool, stage and seating area will replace the current theater.

Additional projects for 2013 include:

• Expansion of Happy Halloween Weekends to include six weekends
  • After-dark light show for summer nights
  • 20 additional cabanas
  • Misters and fans throughout both parks
  • More shade structures and seating

Holiday World will be open October 27 and 28 for the final weekend of Happy Halloween Weekends. For more information, visit HolidayWorld.com or call 1-877-463-2645.

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=RhinoBlasterFlyaround_mxc3[/coastertube]

297025429_RhinoBlaster300dpi.thumb.jpg.b1a4cd35198c386a3d254d9812c48806.jpg

105971285_RhinoBlasterLogo.thumb.jpg.3b6f0c80b682d0af52425c57f838eab7.jpg

86101934_GirafficaLogo.thumb.jpg.0c91aa0dd7c60a52c0c6ddb3fbd2dd66.jpg

1140716520_KittysTeaPartyLogo.thumb.jpg.7f67a98fe826346fed4006054d738d24.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227