TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

I say next years addition will be a Giant Wheel, they say it's "Really Big" and Paula said working on the PR production, it made her "Woozy" and something else in Splashin' Safari to help with the crowd issues.

Wow, I hadn't even thought about that, but it makes so much sense.

Oh, and BTW, I was the guy who described the "triple-down" on Bert the Conqueror. I tried to explain it in terms that the GP would understand so that hopefully my interview would get used. Sorry to hear that I left a few of you dissatisfied.

I apologize if this is already common knowledge, but I don't recall seeing it posted it in here yet. The park will be announcing the 2012 additions on Ustream, at 11 AM CDT.

I'll definitely be watching, I haven't been following the project too closely, but the park saying its a "new twist on a classic ride" has me very intrigued.

I'm interested to see what the end up going with. For certain types of steel coasters 9 million is kind of a low number (B&M, Intamin, etc), but Holiday World isn't the kind of park that doesn't usually lays up with they're new additions. I'd expect it to be a smaller family style coaster of some type maybe a spinning ild mouse, or a euro fighter, or maybe a small launched ride of some type. Although a launched coaster for 9 million might be stretching it.

9 million will get you a transfer shed and a lift with B&M.

LOL

I think I read that the 2012 isnt a coaster? go back a few pages. Apparently at Holiwood nights it was said its not a coaster and they took a poll and an online survey about what type of steel coaster to add in the future. Since they just asked about a steel coaster this year, theres no way itll be installed for next year. Needs longer to plan out.

Still, 9mil is a hefty investment. And it makes me LOL that whatever it is, it costs more than the epic monster known as Voyage.

Mack Spinner Anyone?

It seems like the type of ride that HW would be interested in as it appeals to a wide variety of people, and whole families. The cost from them I believe is right around the price of HW's new addition as well... The ride can also operate in the rain which is a big advantage. (Very handy during WCB 2010)

New holiblog post is up talking about the 2012 announcement.

www.holidayworld.com/node/3570

This will be the biggest single-ride investment we've ever made. And by "ever" we mean 65 years.

It's no coincidence that our announcement is on our 65th anniversary. On August 3, 1946, we opened Santa Claus Land and on August 3, 2011, we'll talk about this $9 million monstrosity we're building for next year.

"If you're not able to be with us in person, please join us via our UStream Channel . Air-time (couldn't resist the pun) is 11am CDT"

I hope that the Timberlines are still planned for The Voyage in 2012.