TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Speaking of flowriders and capacity issues, how about this as a solution:

waveloch's website says that this could go up to a 360 degree configuration, and if placed in the park, there are the bragging rights to having the first of its kind.

Another note is that in the 180* model you can put up to 4 riders at a time. Meaning that a 360* model could theoretically hold up to 8 riders at a time! That's more than most rides in splashin safari could hold.

I Hope they get something for the theme park next year since it looks like the park has bad capacity when Splashin Safari Closes.

Would A Chance Aviator Work for the Park? It has a 42" Height Requirement.

http://www.flatrides.com/Ride%20Index%20Pages/aviator.html

I Wonder if they would add a "Looping" Waterslide for the Waterpark?

http://www.whitewaterwest.com/aqualoop.html

The 32-seat Screamin' Swing at Lake Compounce only cost $3 million ($2.5 mil for the ride, $0.5 mil for installation). Unless they are planning another Wildebeest-style ride for the water park (at $5.5 million, Wildebeest is the second most expensive ride at the park), I think the theme park side will be getting more than that. That said, I'd love to see a Screamin' Swing plus other new rides or enhancements on the theme park side -- the Screamin Swing is one of the best family-friendly flat rides I've ridden.

I know it is probably a little outside of the 9 million dollar price tag but I've always though it would be really cool to renovate the log flume to include an extensive multi-layer indoor section where the current old school out and back concrete flume section sits that is themed to a haunted house of some type. Have a show building sitting right where the concrete flat flume is now that has multiple lifts and mini drops and still re using the final splash down through Legend. Maybe even make it a shooting log ride of some sort, Ghost Blasters or whatever. Would be cool.

^ I have also thought about a Friendly Haunted House added off the tunnel at the start. I say next years addition will be a Giant Wheel, they say it's "Really Big" and Paula said working on the PR production, it made her "Woozy" and something else in Splashin' Safari to help with the crowd issues. I was just there this past Tuesday and the park and water park were packed, almost like a Saturday. Still had a blast though, but didn't get to ride Pilgram's Plunge because it kept going down through the day.

When I think of what SS is missing, all that I can come up with is a) Flow-Rider, b) Speed Slides. However, I doubt they would add speed slides, as they are not something you can enjoy with your family. (Wildebeest, Bakuli, Zinga, Zoombabwe, and Watubee all can hold 4 people per tube). As for HW, I don't want to sound like I'm jumping on a bandwagon, but S&S Screamin' Swing, absolutely! I can't think of a more perfect addition to HW (other than a steel coaster )